ELO and the VHL part X (S70 Finale)

Enorama

PBE affiliation is up, which means I will subject you guys to my meaningless ELO rambling once a week to grab a PT over there, even though I don't need the TPE here.

Yes, S70 playoffs have wrapped up, so this is extra meaningless, but this was still an interesting season to look at, ELO-wise. Without further ado, let's have a look at the chart.

unknown.png

1. Davos' mid-season thumping of D.C. saved their ELO, while Toronto and them ended up nearly tied. The best potential post-season series would actually be between Davos and Toronto for who was truly the worst team of S70.

2. Apparently that Davos L was a wakeup call for D.C., because the Dragons went on an absolute tear in the latter 1/3 of the season, eventually finishing 4th in the league in ELO. Not a bad showing for the 3rd-year expansion franchise.

3. Prague did not deserve to make playoffs. Not a good showing for the 3rd-year expansion franchise.

4. Calgary's early season run was apparently inflated due to them playing weak opposition, as evidenced by the way they fell in the latter part of the season. Them making a run at the cup came as a huge surprise, considering they barely deserved to be in the playoffs at all, according to their ELO.

5. Vancouver and Moscow were the clear teams to beat. One clearly lived up the the term, one clearly did not.

Now if anyone has an idea of what to do for an off-season VHL.com article that's data-related, let me know. I need something for next week.

266 words

• Enorama changed the title to ELO and the VHL part X (S70 Finale)