How do people get so much TPE?

Matt_O

I have wondered this ever since I joined this site, and it will never make sense to me. With my previous player Matthew Materazo, I would cap out every week, and take advantage of practically every uncapped TPE opportunity that was available. I was an S64 player, but I joined super late, so you can lump me in with the deadline recreates of S65. Hunter Hearst Helmsley, who recreated at the S65 deadline in order to be an S66 player. I had an entire season worth of TPE on him, yet by the time S68 rolls around, not only has he passed me, but he is way way wayyyyy ahead of me. I don't remember the exact number, but I believe it was at least 100 tpe more than what I had. Keep in mind I cap out every week, and take advantage of almost all uncapped opportunities. How did HHH gain so much more TPE than me in such a short amount of time? I wonder this myself, but I have some possible ideas that may have led to this. HHH's first update came during the week of January 27th, and I had 178 TPE by then. I'm also assuming that by the time S68 started, HHH had exactly 100 more TPE than me, whether that's true or not. If anything, he had a larger gap than that, but I'm using 100 for simplicity. So, HHH starts with 30 TPE, and needs to gain 248 more TPE than me in two and a half seasons. Lets look at every single way he could have gained TPE on me. Keep in mind that all my calculations and numbers I used are basically estimated, so the final amount will not be entirely accurate, but hopefully pretty close.

1) Fantasy Zone+Lottery

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe @Beaviss was one of those few lucky people that would always somehow win the lottery, which gave him a lot of extra uncapped TPE. He also had fantasy zone to help him, with pick em and guess the score throwing some extra TPE his way. But how much TPE can someone actually win from that? Generally there is six weeks on fantasy zone. For his first season, he only had two weeks because he created at the deadline. Lets assume he wins every fantasy zone. For his years in the VHLM, he can also do the VHL fantasy zone, so lets assume he wins all of those as well. That's 10 uncapped per week for eight weeks (S65 deadline, all of S66), and then 5 uncapped per week for six weeks (S67 VHL fantasy zone only) That is 110 TPE right there that he could have gained on me from fantasy zone. Keep in mind that this is assuming he gets everything right every week, and I get everything wrong. He also has the lottery to win. He did win the lottery alot, and lets say he wins 3 uncapped every week, and then the monthly bonus of +10 every month.  This is 19 uncapped every month. S68 started in September, and the new lottery system that caused Beaviss to win all the time was implemented on February 24th. So thats only +3 for that month, but +19 for every month until September, when S68 ended, and also when that lottery system came to an end. So, that is six months with an extra 19 TPE per month, plus there extra from February. Thats 117 TPE, which brings the total possible extra TPE to 227. He's getting close to the magic number of 248.

2) Donations

Donations require very little assumptions, and while the other two categories of the lottery and Fantasy Zone gave us an extra 227 TPE that Beaviss could have gained, this is using really really heavy assumptions. This is assuming he got everything right, every week, and won the lottery every single week, and I didn't win a single thing. While me not winning may have been the case, there is simply no way Beaviss won every single week, it is impossible. Now, lets look at Donations. He only could have done three donations before S68, and I'm assuming he donated the full twenty dollars. Please forgive me for not knowing exactly how donations work.

By donating twenty dollars, you can earn 5 uncapped TPE and a doubles week (there is more, but it's either player cash or capped TPE). That's 11 TPE right there per season. You also can get two doubles week since you can double one of the prizes I'm pretty sure, so that brings the total to 17 TPE per season. That's three season, and 51 TPE. This 51 TPE he definitely gained on me, with no assumptions whatsoever, because he does donations I'm pretty sure and I do not. This brings the total to 278 extra TPE, which surpasses the 248 TPE threshold we set.

Conclusion

While my findings concluded that yes, it is possible beaviss could have surpassed me in TPE by 100 by the time S68 rolled around, it just seems very unlikely. Yes, he passed the mark of 248 by thirty. But look at what we had to do to get there. We had to assume he participated in every fantasy zone that was offered, but that's a safe assumption. But then, we had to assume that he won every single week. This is not a safe assumption, because we know for a fact it did not happen. Not just did he have to get some of it correct, for example, he only gets the pick em. He had to get both guess the score AND pick em. Every week. For fourteen straight weeks. We also have the lottery, which we assumed he would win every week and also the monthly drawings. These are pretty big assumptions as well, but not as big because he did win the lottery a lot. Still, he did not win every week. This is also assuming I do not win anything. I never get fantasy zone correct, and I never win the lottery. Now, these are pretty reasonable because I only won the lottery once, and fantasy zone I win occasionally but not too often. But even then, the amount of jumping around and assumptions we have to make in order to make the numbers work is way too much. Realistically, about 150 TPE could have possibly been gained on me, and that might not even be very realistic, that still is probably a bit much. How did he gain so much on me? The world will never know.

1,104 words

As soon as I post this I realize I forgot about finals fantasy zone, which can give up to 10 uncapped if you get everything right (extremely extremely unlikely, probably has never happened before).

I also forgot about predictions, which I had in my head in the beginning of writing this but promptly forgot about it as I finished up. This could have given about 20 TPE extra at most, but that's unlikely, it's probably closer to 10.

2 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

How did he gain so much on me? The world will never know.

Good thing there's update logs so we can actually see exactly how much TPE each player gets and from what.

Just now, Enorama said:

Good thing there's update logs so we can actually see exactly how much TPE each player gets and from what.

No I can't look through there, I don't want answers, I just want to believe in my head that he's cheating

Just now, flyersfan1453 said:

giphy.gif

Well since I joined anyway, S11. IF you don't recruit. Paying people 30 TPE for bringing someone here is stupid as fuck and the only real inflator of the league

• Admin
Just now, Bushito said:

Well since I joined anyway, S11. IF you don't recruit. Paying people 30 TPE for bringing someone here is stupid as fuck and the only real inflator of the league

press conferences, trivia, fantasy zone, league-wide practice facility, TPE for winning awards

Just a handful of things that didn't exist when you joined.

Just now, Bushito said:

It's never been 30 TPE for bringing someone on, at least not as long as I've been here.

• Head Moderator

Good analysis and you obviously were like "omg wth" enough to go look into what was the TPE earning rates haha. Good info and breakdown as well as looking into what gives you TPE. This could almost be a guide really on how to TPE whore.

You separated into sections - thanks.

A little color couldn't hurt though as well as something to break up the monotony of the text like random pictures of some sort even.

I'm generally a fan of having the header in the body itself to start the text but that is a personal preference on how it looks. Bolding each number of TPE gain would've accentuated your points.

9/10