Goalie Experience Rating: Start at 40

i guess my question is, why would it be hard to adjust this? all it involves is a switch of the template? why do we need to experiment? seems pretty cut & dry

I'm not talking just for goalies. I'm talking all players just to see if there actually is an effect.

Well the disadvantage you guys would have (if there is) with this is the 5 point difference, but at the same time their is less attribute things you guys need to hit 99 in every category so thats where it makes up for it.

The real thing is as long as every goalie starts at 35 it doesn't matter.  You could make all goalies start at 50 but as long as its consistent theres no advantage or disadvantage to any other goalie.  The relation of a goalies play to a skater isn't exactly something you can compare so it doesn't matter.  

• Admin

Well the disadvantage you guys would have (if there is) with this is the 5 point difference, but at the same time their is less attribute things you guys need to hit 99 in every category so thats where it makes up for it.

That is why their attributes start at 35, so that they have somewhere to use 30ish TPE (come to think of it, that's really insignificant), but in the case of experience they can't add TPE there anyway.

That is why their attributes start at 35, so that they have somewhere to use 30ish TPE (come to think of it, that's really insignificant), but in the case of experience they can't add TPE there anyway.

Yeah I know that haha. Like I said, the disadvantage of them being 5 TPE lower in Experience that can't be added to is made up when they have less categories to add too.

• Admin

Yeah I know that haha. Like I said, the disadvantage of them being 5 TPE lower in Experience that can't be added to is made up when they have less categories to add too.

How? The two aren't related.

Actually, no, I see your logic. Though I can't agree with it. In any case, it's 5 TPE in an attribute which has not been proven to do anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I think for experimental reasons we would let one entire draft class have 99 experience and see what the trend is. It'll be interesting and we'll finally get an answer to this question.

I don't think it would provide any solid answers.  A better experiment would be to do a full season test sim with a player who has 1 Leadership and/or Experience, and then another test sim with 99 in one or both.  And even then it might not tell us a lot because it affects morale, as does winning/losing and possibly ice time and other intangibles like that that you can't control in a test sim.  So then a better experiment yet would be to do that same test sim thing, but with an entire team's Experience/Leadership/Morale maxed on one and minned in another.  Or all of the above.