Player Name: Groovy Dood

Recruited From: Reddit

Position: LW

Height: 73 in.

Weight: 190 lbs.

Birthplace: Canada

Player Page

@VHLM GM

Welcome to the league let me know if you need any help getting started or if you have any questions!

Whaddup GMs! You're not going to want to miss out on this hot prospect.

Groovy dood is a bored guy who sits at a computer all day "working from home". I'm a wordmaker by day, co-ed rec leaguer on Saturday nights. My total points might be low, but hot damn are my cellies sick. I like to skate fast so my flow flaps Jagr-esque behind me, floating in the wind like a cape. 

I'm not too sure what this VHL adventure will lead to. I was the Friedge of my fantasy hockey league last year, interviewing GMs, breaking trades, and previewing playoff series, so I'm excited to join the VHL community!

1 minute ago, bigAL said:

Whaddup GMs! You're not going to want to miss out on this hot prospect.

Groovy dood is a bored guy who sits at a computer all day "working from home". I'm a wordmaker by day, co-ed rec leaguer on Saturday nights. My total points might be low, but hot damn are my cellies sick. I like to skate fast so my flow flaps Jagr-esque behind me, floating in the wind like a cape. 

I'm not too sure what this VHL adventure will lead to. I was the Friedge of my fantasy hockey league last year, interviewing GMs, breaking trades, and previewing playoff series, so I'm excited to join the VHL community!

Well welcome to the league! Sounds like you will fit in well here. You should check out our discord channel if you want to get some attention from the VHLM GM's

Just now, Beaviss said:

Well welcome to the league! Sounds like you will fit in well here. You should check out our discord channel if you want to get some attention from the VHLM GM's

I tried, but the link at the top of the site has expired.

Forums will take some getting used to. It was two decades ago last time I was active on a forum. I'm excited to poke around and get a feel for the place. Thanks for the help ya big ol butthead!

1 minute ago, bigAL said:

I tried, but the link at the top of the site has expired.

Forums will take some getting used to. It was two decades ago last time I was active on a forum. I'm excited to poke around and get a feel for the place. Thanks for the help ya big ol butthead!

We have been playing with some settings recently so here you go https://discord.gg/hxpg6gk

Just now, bigAL said:

accept

Just now, bigAL said:

accept

15 hours ago, twists said:

My agent had me hold out overnight to see if more offers came, but I knew I was always going to sign in Halifax.

Mr Brandt was the first team exec to reach out both on the forums and discord. I was curious, and watched the Halifax game last night from the nosebleeds. The friggin' guy goes out there, knowing I'm in the stands scouting his team, and puts up a line like 3-1--4. I ended up buying a 21st hat before the game - so the other scouts wouldn't notice me - and then Brandt scores three tricks and takes my hat away! There's a good rule of thumb when in free agency: try to get on the team with the best player in the league. Joining the Halifax 21st checks that box. I mean, probably. I haven't checked the standings or stats or anything, I'm just going to eye test the shit out of this organization.

As for the player you're gonna get, well, I'm not so sure about that. I signed up as a LW because I switched to LW this season irl, but after seeing last night's high-flying match, I would love to Brent Burns it and switch to the blue line.

Because... seriously?! I'll convince you management and coaching staff to let me change positions by breaking goaler stats from last night.

Grekkark Gyrfalcon (HFX) ok cool, goalies are always fascinating characters and Grekkark sounds like a very goalie-goalie

55 saves holy crap that's a lot of saves, our goalie must be sick

from 59 shots (0.932), W, holy crap that's a lot a shots against, our D must be bad

1-7-2 hooooooooly crap our D must be bad. Looks like, we're giving up 60 shots a night, every night... and the one night I show up, Brandt scores a hatty, Grekky stands on his head, that Rose/Pou/Robertson line shows UP and the 21st get the win!

Mr Wallace, Mr Brandt, I'm happy to accept your offer to join the Halifax 21st, but please, I'm begging you, let me play defence. I will out smart, out wit, out play MOS D1, D2, AND D3, you just gotta give me a chance! (ed: really hoping MOS D1-3 means they're npcs, if it actually is a case of triplets or something then I apologize for chiping you so directly and so unnecessarily) 

Stay groovy doods,

Groovy ✌️