Beaviss, and Why He Is Cute and Nice

pennypenny

Beaviss, and Why He Is Cute and Nice

Beaviss, he is a prime specimen. An absolute asset to this community. A wonderful, wondrous man that has absolutely no flaws or breaks in him. An absolute gem in the VHL community, mostly for his passion in working with team members, players, or when he was running the VHLM temporarily. He is a big reason why I am part of this community, and I know people do not really like me, and that’s okay. I don’t mind. The first time I came and joined this community, believe it or not we still had to claim through forums. You would have to make a “Claim Thread” for your own character/player, and post everything that you had finished onto that thread. It was very time consuming, and honestly draining to do. So, I didn’t really do too much in the beginning with the community. I had worked on being an active member from the start, but I was not too familiar with everything that was around yet. Practice Facility, you had to post 3 times in 3 separate game threads and copy them over for 1 TPE. Sounds like a lot of work compared to the click you gotta go through nowadays, eh?

What does all that have to do with anything? I suppose it really does not mean a lot for most people, but Beaviss did take me under his wing and he showed an appreciation, a want to help for me and my gimped way. I was not familiar with any sort of sim league at this point, so the fact that he wanted to be such a big help and grateful leader to me was gracious. I am currently on my second player, over 2 years since I first joined this community. I gotta say, I am awfully grateful that I had him helping me throughout it all. I even managed to be snagged on his team for this new player, and I do hope that he will contribute and be beneficial to the team, and especially for Beaviss since he’s such a polite, kind, and good dude. Without his help, I would not be around in the league anymore, because of the learning curve that I experienced in the beginning.

He may not necessarily be an “unknown” member, but he is without a doubt a great contributor, a great GM, and beyond all of that – a great person I can graciously thank for all of his help and work. He’s made me a better player in the VHL, and he’s shown me some places in Edmonton that I will gratefully be going to soon, one day when all of this Corona dies down and hopefully is completely eradicated from this God given Earth. When that day will come, I do not know – but I know for certain, and that is whenever he comes here, comes back around to his lovely stomping grounds.  I will take him out for a lovely pint, and some lovely tacos on top of that. Thanks, Beaviss. Thanks for showing me around and making me a part of this community.