Interview - Hounds Early Round Exit

okifenoki

Climbing their way into the Postseason, Mississauga had high hopes for the Founder's Cup but were forced to an early round exit following a 4-1 Series Loss to the Philadelphia Reapers. Throughout the season Philadelphia had menaced Mississauga, some saying that a VHLM Rivalry was brewing between the two teams. VHLN Interviews Second Line Center, Pietro Angellini, on his thoughts regarding the postseason play, the regular season, and where he intends on going from here:

Interviewer: "A tough outcome for the Hounds tonight. Elimination is never easy to stomach. How are the Hounds feeling in the locker room?"

PA: "We are all disappointed, that is obvious. We fought hard and became a close group on and off the ice and to lose the way we did in the first round to Philly, man, it just sticks with you. It's a tough pill to swallow."

Interviewer: "No doubt. But a lot of promising things seemed to come out of the Hounds this season. Some blossoming players and some interesting developments"

PA: "Absolutely, Mac @LastOneUp and JaredN @jared had tremendous seasons. I think they carried the whole squad a lot of the way. They tore up the scoresheet and made the players around them better. Brewittt @JBrew42 and Gainer @joeg had great seasons in their own right and are only getting better and better. And, never to be forgotten, our stoic Goaltender, Tonn @MexicanCow123 gave everything he had to push the team to the be the best we could be. All in all I look back and think the season was a success even if we are dealing with an early round exit."

Interviewer: "The Hounds dropped some close games here and there. What do you think makes the difference?"

PA: "I think we had some miscues up front. I think I could have been better defensively, personally, and plan on working on that in the offseason. In my opinion, our blueline, led by Burrows @Walter Fizz and Glade @ShawnGlade did everything asked of them and drove play forward while playing responsibly. We were a young squad and I think we will all be better with some more time to develop. That is what the VHLM is all about. We're all working hard to be better and play up top in the VHL."

Interviewer: "Well said. You mentioned your offseason work is going to be focused on defense, how do you plan to go about that?"

PA: "I am hoping to join the big guys from the Moscow Menace in offseason camps and learn from the best. Defense wins championships and, as a center, I need to be a two-way-player, no question about it. I plan to train even harder than I did last offseason and come into S73 as a stronger force than ever."

Interviewer: "We will be watching your progress. Anything to say to close out the season?"

PA: "We gave it all we could, Hounds Fans. We'll be back next year better than ever. Everyone stay safe, help others in need, and be excellent to each other."