Wiggles, Wobbles, and Jiggles: EP3

"Nostalgia is a bitch."

Hello and welcome to another edition of Wiggles, Wobbles, and Jiggles. The one line of articles with the weirdest of names, and the host with the last name Gumballs. I’m Jiggly Gumballs and after a little schedule change to integrate the Art of War, WWJ is back. So if you’re interested in pranks and how to pull off the classics and more, stay tuned for next week! But for now, let’s discuss my season experience and the absolutely loathsome offseason.

So on the 12th of June, I was offered a few opportunities from a few various VHLM teams but signed with the Houston Bulls. When I arrived at the locker room, I already knew that this was the place for me. It was pretty welcoming and soon I found myself associating with Patrik Laine and Drew Minott. Then my first game was played against the 2-1 loss to the Halifax 21st’s, and started off with a bang. That single goal our team got just so happens to be my very first goal in the league.I remember it like it was just yesterday as well. Riley Walker and Casey Scott were taking shot opportunities after shot opportunities. All of them were missing. Soon enough that rebound came to me and I just took the opportunity after seeing an open lane. My eyes lit up when I saw it go right past the goalie. Being my first ever goal, I of course celebrated by going down on one knee, posing my stick like a rifle, and imitated a firing gesture to the net. What a snipe. Before that I took a decently bad roughing penalty and some shots were missed and I was checked a few times by some Russian guy but I held my own in the back end and blocked a few shots. After the goal, my confidence shot way back up until I did a holding minor. 

Afterwards I followed up the goal by a few assists. I was pretty consistent in both points and penalty minutes. I got along with the guys more and I decided it was time to pull off my locker room expertise. Starting off with filling Laine’s stick with water, taping Rose’s skates and unscrewing a few bottles here and there. I then rolled up Gee’s stick with 9 rolls of tape, not 8. Sure it seemed like I was a menace but I made sure I screwed over everyone so they could all suffer~ Plus, Patty did bite me back with the jersey name change and the old taped skate trick. I held my own during the games so I was fine pulling off some of these pranks.

Though not everything was fine and dandy. There was a period of time where I just wasn’t putting up the points and instead increasing my penalties. I think I did well defending but with the team losing a lot, I felt like I needed to at least help in some way in scoring. It was a bit frustrating that I was getting more penalties than actually contributing. Heck, I even had a frickin’ diving penalty! I was trying to avoid a high stick to the face and tripped! It wasn’t diving!! Anyways, I would get a few more points heading into the last few games of the season. If you think I started off with a bang, then boy I ended with a bang as well. In the second last game of the season against the Reapers, I put up 2 goals and an assist. We lost in overtime but it was a fun high scoring game. But on the last game though, the hockey gods blessed us with the Halifax 21st’s.THE VERY SAME TEAM I MADE MY DEBUT AGAINST. What’s even greater? Oh it's nothing much, just the game winning goal. That honestly made my day, and I celebrated the same way I celebrated when I got my first ever goal. Knelt down, used my stick as a rifle, and shot at the net. What a snipe.

After that, it was it. The season was over. Being at the bottom of the standings, we of course didn’t make the playoffs. So all we could do was wait. I had both the VHL draft and Dispersal Draft to worry about so that was great. I found the offseason incredibly boring. Nothing much to do but to work on maintaining my shape and hanging out a few times. I needed something. So now I have a few plans for some nice offseason pranks to pull off. The only question now is the unfortunate victims of these pranks. Currently there’s nothing much going on but I am excited for next season. I think I can definitely step up my game and make it big time. But for now, it’s time to pull out the battle plans~

So. This edition of WWJ is a bit more personal, but it’s a nice experience to look back at the short, but fun time I had playing for Houston. Anyways, That’s it for Wiggles, Wobbles, and Jiggles. Next week will be another Art of War article and the week after that is the next edition of this show. So stay tuned and stay jiggly!

585844969_WigglesWobblesJiggles.thumb.jpg.782a5882c8955e12d448cb4e18f1793e.jpg

Peeps mentioned:

@PatrikLaine @DreMin15 @MattyIce @KnightRiley