Is Markus Nygren Done With Seattle?

Devise

It's an interesting question. It's also one that can't just be answered by Markus himself, as the question remains if Seattle is done with Markus Nygren? Heading into the S72 off-season as the Riga Reign went on to dominate the playoffs and secure a much deserved Continental Cup Victory the talking point has to be on the giant expansion. 4 new teams are coming to the league this off-season, with teams poised to lose a notable player on their roster to the expansion draft and face a looming decreased salary cap. 

How does this matter at all to the Markus Nygren story? Simple really, given the rules of the expansion draft GM's were required to formally list their overall protected player list. Teams were allowed to protect 8 players. While my role as a league official allows me to see this list, it would be silly for me to leak this list early. That said I can confirm; that one Markus Nygren the player felt absolutely FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY. Not because he wasn't protected, no more so because Seattle didn't list him on their roster at all. Not in either slot. As if he was entirely forgotten. 

Word on the street is that Markus has been feeling like the odd man out for much of his time in Seattle, especially as rumors of his name on the trade block swirled last season. While the locker room he said, was warm and welcoming and he feels a good relationship with a few of his comrades, at the end of the day Seattle only has so many spots on the ice and as Markus finally took a jump in his game and stats this season he's looking for an opportunity to play a more important role for a team. Ultimately, it seems that the Seattle fit just isn't there. Considering that the Bears GM literally forgets that Markus is on the roster it's easy to think that the sentiment is probably felt both ways. If Markus does wind up getting exposed during the expansion draft he'd make a pretty solid candidate for an expansion team to be honest. While the S69 winger has had his growing pains, he also finally found success on the ice in limited minutes this season. On top of that, he's near 600 TPE and already signed for the last 4 seasons of his career.