An open letter to Marauders Management

dlamb

Since my VHLM career will be coming to an end this week, I decided I will use my VHL.com article to send an open thank you to the guys in charge of Miami while I was there, both GM @Ricer13 and AGM @bigAL - this goes out to you. 

The VHLM is the place everyone starts - whether it is your first, second, or eighteenth player. It is especially important for VHLM management to be helpful, teaching new members everything they need to know. Starting out, I wasn't exactly sure what to do. I had no team, joining after the season and before the draft. I knew you could earn by doing some things like making graphics, but I didn't even know how to claim welfare my first week. 

Despite knowing I was going to be a late draft pick, I was very excited to see myself in the draft. Along with my friend @osens, we both watched the entire draft stream, and surprisingly enough, we both were drafted to the newest VHLM franchise - the Miami Marauders. I'm not even sure how Miami knew we wanted to play together, maybe it was just dumb luck. But me and osens (and eventually dart who signed as a free agent) were more than happy to be playing together.

Maybe I'm getting a little off track here. This is supposed to be just a long thank you to both BigAl and Krice. I loved my time in Miami. As a new member, krice was the perfect GM for me, teaching me the ways to earn TPE, the ins and outs of VHL, and giving every person on the team an opportunity to succeed both in Miami and beyond. Due to both Al and Ricer, I am now an active member of the community, and I don't see myself going anywhere anytime soon. Maybe it would've been different going somewhere else, with not as much support. 

Nonetheless, in my opinion, even after just 2 seasons as a GM in the VHLM, krice is ready to make the jump to VHL GM. As for Al, I am sad to see him step down as Miami AGM, but life always comes first. I wish him the best with Groovy Dood. More than happy to have had these guys as my first management team, and well, friends. ❤️

Yes guy! You’re a piece of history now with Miami and the VHLM. I gotta thank you for being such a big part of that leadership team we have in Miami. You hit the ground running in our S1, but holy hell you went to a next level this season. Thanks for taking on the new people that kept showing up this season and keeping our team motivated and focused on the goal. You led the TPE blitz to 250 and that was awesome. See ya in the bigs next season ✌️