Vancouver Wolves vs Calgary Wrangles post-game interview with the new Wolves Captain, Spyro

DarkSpyro

What an exciting opening week for S74 as we have had a lot of crazy stories to follow. One of the biggest stories so far has been the Vancouver Wolves and their dominating display during this first week, kicking it off with an amazing 8-0 undefeated record! It seems this team has really caught fire over the off-season and has really blended in their rookies into the line-up. Following the call-ups of some talented prospects and of course the draft, the Vancouver management announced to the press that they would be naming their starting goaltender Jimmy Spyro as the new Captain for the Vancouver Wolves in S74.

This new spark in leadership seems to have really motivated his game as he not only leads his team through an undefeated season start, but also leads the entire league in every category that a goalie wants to be leading in. He has an absurd 0.951 save % and 1.83 GAA over the course of his 6 starts, and out of his 6 wins he already has 2 shutouts. This performance out the gate could easily be taken as a statement to the everyone in the league, that he demands the respect as a top tier goaltender and as the Captain of his franchise.

We approached Spyro for a statement following the Vancouver Wolves 3-2 victory over the Calgary Wranglers where he took the 1st star of the game after stopping 44/46 shots, in a very close game that ended in the shootout. We were able to ask for some of his insight on why he believes the Wolves were on such a hot streak and if it has anything to do with his own performance.

“This team has really started to connect on and off the ice- everyone gives it their all for their teammates in all situations. I noticed it from the crease every shift lately; that not a single player on our team is out of place or is scared to go to those gritty areas of the ice to make a play for their line mate. Nobody hogs the puck- and everyone works together in all offensive and defensive situations. Witnessing countless selfless acts like these over and over make me believe in my team and give me the fire to never give up on the play.”

Before he left down the tunnel to rejoin his team in the Locker Room, we quickly congratulated him on being appointed the new Captain for the Wolves and on his impressive personal performance to start the season, and the best of luck on the rest of the season. The league has their eyes on this team and their Elite netminder to see how long they can keep this hot streak going, or if it will continue on all the way into the post-season. The season is young as this first week finally comes to a close but after how eventful it was, we all have some pretty high expectations for the rest of this season.

(502 Words)

Edited by DarkSpyro

Hello spyro, I liked your summary on how your season is going so far. It was informative for how your player and your team are doing and your writing and grammar were excellent. I feel your media spot could've benefited from being split into some paragraphs. In my opinion it looks nicer and it's generally just easier to read that way. Good work though, 9.5/10 rating. 

Edited by a_Ferk