Recent additions to VHL Records

Victor

• Admin

I was updating the VHL records section yesterday which is quite an easy task in these low-scoring days – in the vast majority of spreadsheets, all I had to do was change “Updated to S70” to “Updated to S73”.

However, there were a couple new additions to the top 25 lists that I thought I'd flag.

S72 – Condor Adrienne @OrbitingDeath

Playing Season 72 on a paper-thin Malmo squad, Adrienne announced himself to the league as more than just a former first overall pick but also a serious HOF contender. The second ever defenceman to lead the league in scoring and first since S14, Adrienne didn't quite hit the heights of the spreadsheet I created specifically for him, slowing down to a 100-point finish (still the highest mark in four seasons), but did score 23 powerplay goals in a single season.

That wasn't quite up there with the great Alexander Valiq (record holder with 30 PPG in S31), but did put Adrienne in a tie for eighth place and the highest mark in this category in nearly 40 seasons. It's good to see a more modern name on a list that became a bit of a closed club in recent years.

Full ranking: https://vhlforum.com/topic/254-powerplay-goals-in-a-regular-season/

S72 – Phil Marleau @Phil

Phil is one of the few modern players striving to be a hard-hitting two-way forward. The two-way bit hasn't massively worked out but he has become a feared hitter and I will miss drafting him in the VHFL like a cheat code. At a frankly ridiculous 6-hit-per-game pace in S74, Marleau will actually place even better soon (he's currently on pace for 443 hits this season, good for second all-time) but already has 13th place on the list thanks to 404 hits in S72, the first player to crack the 400 mark in 10 seasons.

Full ranking: https://vhlforum.com/topic/257-hits-in-one-regular-season/