Saskatoon Wild Press Conference

a_Ferk

1. It is the end of the season! Any favorites to win the playoffs?

I'm gonna go with the Mexico City Kings.

2. What is your player looking forward to do this off-season

He is looking forward to getting better, spending some cash, and bird watching.

3. What is something you are looking to improve with your player this off-season?

I'm gonna work on making him a better assist-getter.

4. The draft is around the corner, is there any team you would like to get drafted by?

Honestly, I don't even know the teams in our conference so I got no clue about the next one.

5. What is an underrated sport?

Archery is pretty fun, not a lot of people get into it though.

6. Coffee or Tea?

Tea, I don't really like either but at least tea has some health benefits.

1. It is the end of the season! Any favorites to win the playoffs?

I would probably have to go with Mexico City Kings

2. What is your player looking forward to do this off-season

Hopefully make it to some soccer games and just keep it shape

3. What is something you are looking to improve with your player this off-season?

I'm hoping to work on my puck skills, I feel like that's one of the big things I need to get down if I want to improve as a player

4. The draft is around the corner, is there any team you would like to get drafted by?

Hard to say as i just joined the league, So I think ill try to keep an open mind about any team.

5. What is an underrated sport?

As weird as it sounds Pickleball. I love just getting a group of friends together and playing.

6. Coffee or Tea?

Tea all the way.

• 4 weeks later...

Answer these 6 questions for 2 TPE!

1. How did you celebrate getting drafted by the Saskatoon Wild?

2. You touch down and land in Saskatoon, what's the first thing you do?
3. What are some season expectations for this team?
4. Which team looks to be our biggest competitor? 
5. What are some individual goals you have for your player?
6. How's your favorite NHL team doing as they cap off their regular season?

Edited by Bulduray_1

1. Jumped around the room! LOL, seriously, I told my wife and Dad. My wife said "Cool", Dad said, "Ok". But yea, it is pretty cool.

2. Head to the rink! I want to get a feel for the ice and see where my home is going to be.

3. I want us to be competitive. Since we had so many draft selections we may have a youngish team. So as long as we compete, then we can build on that next season.

4. I cant really say yet. I am still evaluating the other teams. But what the hey, I will say Halifax. Otis spent part of his VHLM season there and, even though it wasnt terrible, it was a huge let-down from his experience in Houston

5. I want to get better! I see how poorly I have played in the Junior Showcase and I dont want to be a hinderance to the Wild. 

6. Carolina Hurricanes. Is it bad if I admit that I am not a hard-core fan? HAHA. But yea, they are leading their division. I think they may make a good run in the Cup. Who knows, may even win it!

Couldn't read it until the morning before work. So i took a victorious sip of  coffee and said "YeahS" quietly so not to wake up the family

Explore the city, where to shop. where to eat. that stuff

i don't know how the team is gonna look when the season starts, but i would like for us to make the playoffs

i have no idea so im gona base it on who has the next coolest logo: Ottawa Lynx

Be consistently a reason we have a good chance to win.

Terrible.. we win too much and will drop in the lottery (Canucks) 

Well I was ecstatic to be drafted into a team with a ton of picks this year. I really i celebrated to myself and smiled. 

I mean first thing I'm doing Is finding what food is quick and easy so i can stay rested and stay stronger for the season

Playoffs for sure as I feel we have a pretty good team, It may take us time to gel as we get better with our earning!

Either Halifax Or Miami! 

Just want to be a great defenseman that's known for stopping the other powerful forwards in the league really. 

I don't watch the nhl so, hopefully either Dallas or Nashville is doing good

On 3/31/2023 at 1:58 AM, Bulduray_1 said:

Answer these 6 questions for 2 TPE!

1) Getting selected by the team was an incredibly exciting and humbling experience. To celebrate, I went out to dinner with my family and friends to express my gratitude and reflect on the hard work that brought me to this point. I also spent some time practicing on the ice, honing my skills and preparing for the challenges ahead. Thank you @Bulduray_1

2) As soon as I land in Saskatoon, the first thing I would do is get settled into my new home and start exploring the city. I would take some time to get to know my new teammates and coaches, and immerse myself in the local culture. I am excited to be a part of this team and look forward to making a positive impact both on and off the ice as I have done everywhere I played in my career.

3) As a team, our expectations for this season are high. We have a talented group of players and a strong coaching staff that is dedicated to winning. Our goal is to compete at the highest level and make it to the playoffs, where we can showcase our skills and compete for a championship. We are focused on improving each day and working together as a team to achieve our goals.

4) Every team in the league is a strong competitor, and we respect all of our opponents. However, we recognize that some teams have a history of success and are known for their skill and talent. We will prepare diligently for each game and give our best effort on the ice, regardless of who we are playing.

5) My goal is to improve my skills and contribute to the success of the team. I want to be a reliable and consistent player, who can be counted on in important situations. I also want to be a positive influence on my teammates and help create a winning culture on and off the ice. Ultimately, my goal is to develop into a player who can compete at the professional level.

6) The NHL regular season is still ongoing, and there are many teams vying for playoff spots. The playoff race is always exciting to watch, and I am sure that the teams that make it will compete fiercely for the chance to win the Stanley Cup. I hope the Maple Leafs end their cup drought. 

Answer these six questions for 2 TPE!

1. The VHLM Season starts tomorrow, how do we start off on the right foot?
2. What type of playstyle does your player have?
3. What is our biggest strength and weakness going into the season?
4. What makes hockey such a challenging sport?
5. Do you believe in superstitions? Why or why not?
6. Which player has the best sports celebration? 

Edited by Bulduray_1

1. Sorry I didnt see this until after the season had started, but I feel like we need to not lose the winnable games. I know that may seem confusing, but some games just dont go our way and we have to accept those losses. But there are those games where we outshoot the opposition and we cant lose them, cut down on the penalties and get quality from the shots we do take.

2. At this point in the season, clumsy and erratic. I dont seem to be adding any quality to the team. I guess at this point I am a "neutral" not hurting so much, but definitely not helping out.

3. Goalie is our strength, that can be seen with the number of saves he makes. Weakness? I think depth at F. We have a couple of players who are scoring, but not there are not enough options. We need to get quality depth at F so we are a scoring threat no matter what line is on the ice.

4. I have never played, but I think trying to do all of the things that must happen while balancing on 2 thin metal blades while sliding on something that is best known for people falling on it. I cant even ice skate, let alone do the things I see happen every time I watch a game.

5. Not really. I guess at my age, shit just happens. I think superstitions seem to give people something to worry about...and I have enough to worry about the way it is!

6. I have to say soccer. I think the size of the field helps and the fact the refs ALLOW them to celebrate. I used to really love some of the NFL celebrations, but then they were deemed unprofessional and were toned down quite a bit.

On 4/5/2023 at 11:36 PM, Bulduray_1 said:

Answer these six questions for 2 TPE!

1. The VHLM Season starts tomorrow, how do we start off on the right foot?
2. What type of playstyle does your player have?
3. What is our biggest strength and weakness going into the season?
4. What makes hockey such a challenging sport?
5. Do you believe in superstitions? Why or why not?
6. Which player has the best sports celebration? 

1) We have had a slow start to the season as a team but I am pleased with my individual results. 

2) Big, physical winger with silky mitts.

3) Not enough players with skill. Too many bots. We need to improve. 

4) It's a combination of skills that make for a challenging sport. Skating while stickhandling and trying to shoot while reading the ice at a top speed. It adds up to be very difficult. 

5) Not really. I like to stick to a routine so I feel ready for my games but thats it.

6) There are too many but NFL has the best celebrations. The league has a lot more personality than the NHL does. 

Saskatoon Wild Presser

Answer these 6 questions for 2 TPE!

3-8-1, not the best start by any means. How can we turn this around?

Who was our most productive player last week?

Which animal does your player resemble?

How does your player overcome challenges or adversity?

Have you ever been to an NHL game? If so, how was your experiences at one?

Around the league, has there been any surprises to you so far in the VHLM?

3-8-1, not the best start by any means. How can we turn this around?

We Need more scoring and help the goalie pump up his stats a bit.

Who was our most productive player last week?

Feels like Ben Laas has been on fire lately

Which animal does your player resemble?

Elephant, Calm until you stir him up. 

How does your player overcome challenges or adversity?

Loneliness and beer

Have you ever been to an NHL game? If so, how was your experiences at one?

I've been to a few in Arizona. Being from Sweden it was a really cool experience to watch the Canucks who i've followed for a long time in person.

I was at the world Cup in Toronto as well, That was one of the coolest things i've ever done.

Around the league, has there been any surprises to you so far in the VHLM?

We, The Saskatoon Wilds have surprised negatively i would say. With a team as good as ours i don't think anyone thought we would be last in the west by the first week.

3-8-1, not the best start by any means. How can we turn this around? By sticking to our plan. Everyone getting the max TPE they can and all of continuing to improve our players, which will improve the team.

Who was our most productive player last week? As I read through all of the game recaps, Monty Burns is doing great. Scuff, Thijs and Ben are also big contributors. Cant forget our Goalie tho, Reed is keeping us in the games. The OT win against Mexico City, he blocked both of their shootout goals.

Which animal does your player resemble? I would like him to be like a fox, wily. Dont know where he is going to be or strike next

How does your player overcome challenges or adversity? Not giving up. It is easy to keep going when things are going well, but when things get tough, digging in and working harder to get better

Have you ever been to an NHL game? If so, how was your experiences at one? No, but I want to go one day. I have been to baseball, football, soccer and even cricket matches. But not to a hockey game...yet

Around the league, has there been any surprises to you so far in the VHLM? I have to agree with the above post. I think we have. We had not been able to find out stride. I think the last few games could be a turning point for us. Quite a few of the games we lost was by 1 goal. So if we can find just a goal or 2 more a game our record would be much different.

We need to stay positive and focused, identify areas for improvement, and work together to address these issues. Hard work and determination are key to turning things around.

Our most productive player last week was Montgomery Burns but there have been many players getting better each game. Scuff, Thijs, Ben and our Goalie Reed are making strides every game. 

Montgomery Burns resembles an elephant. A big, usually calm presence that is not to be messed with. 

Montgomery Burns overcomes challenges and adversity by staying focused, working hard, and believing in himself.

I've been to about a dozen Maple Leafs games. Other than the price, it's a great experience. 

There have been a few surprises around the league so far, but Montgomery is primarily focused on his own team's performance and working to improve their own game. It's a shame our division is much stronger than the other but we should continue to improve. 

1. We’ve been winning games left and right, what has contributed most to our success?

2. The Western Conference will be a tough and bloody battle against all 5 teams. Which team is the weakest link and miss out in the playoffs?

3. More than a quarter of the season has finished. Are you satisfied with your players stats?

4. Who is the goat of modern day hockey?

5. What does your daily routine look like to get ready for game day?

6. With all the hype around the NHL playoffs, which teams do you think will faceoff in the Stanley Cup Finals?

1. We’ve been winning games left and right, what has contributed most to our success?

Secondary Scoring, It feels like Otis'jr and a few others really have warmed up. and our goaltending has felt fantastic lately

2. The Western Conference will be a tough and bloody battle against all 5 teams. Which team is the weakest link and miss out in the playoffs?

I think vegas will be the odd team out, Not because they are bud but as you said its a though well balanced conference this year.

3. More than a quarter of the season has finished. Are you satisfied with your players stats?

Not really, While the points is better than i would imagine my hits and blocked shots are not where i want them to be.

Hate to say it but McDavid, He's just on another level than anyone else. I think you could argue that he is better than Gretzky.

lots of rest and music. Eat a lot of pasta.

6. With all the hype around the NHL playoffs, which teams do you think will faceoff in the Stanley Cup Finals?

Since Canucks have been a tirefire this year ive kinda slacked of NHL this year. But maybe Colorado - Carolina 

17 hours ago, Bulduray_1 said:

1. I think the team just growing and I'd assume adjustments from head coach and just making the right adjustments for the team! 

2. Right now to me It's the Aces It's clear they're a little weaker of a team as we see ourselves beating other teams as well. 

3. So far I'd say yeah as he's getting more stats as of late and getting better in his position. I'm just growing so that comes with growing pains of not starting out as high in tpe as the other guys. 

4. man It's Connor Mcdavid for sure. that dude has been fucking amazing since he got drafted. I think injuries has sidelined him a ton, but anytime he's on the ice he's electric. plus I'm a lesser knowledgable hockey fan. so sorry for that haha

5. It would consist of just making sure I listen to music that gets me hyped up. I would make sure i have a great breakfast and before the game a small meal. don't want to throw up anything. Then It's game time and I'm ready to shut down other teams! 

6. I've heard the Bruins are crazy good this year, if they don't win man It wouldnt surprise me either. NHL playoffs get crazy man every year lmaoo. But I'd say the bruins

1. We’ve been winning games left and right, what has contributed most to our success? Well, I think all of the pieces came together at the right time, but sadly, we have also seen what happens with things go awry 

2. The Western Conference will be a tough and bloody battle against all 5 teams. Which team is the weakest link and miss out in the playoffs? I hate to say it, but I think it is us. We cant seem to string together enough wins to overcome our losses.

3. More than a quarter of the season has finished. Are you satisfied with your players stats? Yes, I feel I am trending in the right direction. After the sim today (22 Apr) I am the leading scorer for the team. But I would trade all of that for more victories

4. Who is the goat of modern day hockey? oh wow, I hate to say I dont watch enough to be able to provide a defensible opinion.

5. What does your daily routine look like to get ready for game day? Hit the ice, read a book to relax. Skate some laps, jam to some tunes, then suit up...its game time!

6. With all the hype around the NHL playoffs, which teams do you think will faceoff in the Stanley Cup Finals? Can I stay on the team if I admit I dont know who is even in them this year? I did watch the Hurricanes play the other night, didnt hang around to see if they won though. I guess I need to watch more of the Cup.

1) Our success can be attributed to the entire team's hard work and dedication. We've been playing with a lot of passion and determination, which has helped us come out on top in many of our games. Also, our coaching staff has been doing a great job of preparing us for each game and making adjustments when necessary.

2) I don't believe in underestimating any team in this league. Every team has the potential to win on any given night, and we need to be prepared for that. I believe it's important to focus on our own game and not worry about the other teams.

3) I'm not happy with the way my team is playing, but there's always room for improvement. As for my own stats, I'm happy with them, but I'm always looking to contribute more to the team's success.

4) There are so many great players in the NHL today, it's hard to choose just one as the greatest of all time. Personally, I'm a fan of Wayne Gretzky, who is widely considered one of the best to ever play the game.

5) My daily routine consists of a lot of preparation both physically and mentally. I start by having a healthy breakfast and doing some light stretching and warm-up exercises. Then I review game footage and study the opposing team's players and strategies. I also spend time visualizing the game and mentally preparing myself for what's to come.

6) It's hard to predict which teams will make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, but I think the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Colorado Avalanche have a good shot. Both teams have been playing well this season and have a lot of talented players. But as we all know, anything can happen in the playoffs, so we'll just have to wait and see.

1. It seems like we’ve hit a stand still without much success in our recent games. Any idea what could’ve been the cause of this?

2. How does your player deal with adversity?

3. What’s something unique about your player on the ice?

4. How does your player handle situations of pressure?

5. What is a sport that doesn’t get enough love?

6. Favourite soft drink?

1. It seems like we’ve hit a stand still without much success in our recent games. Any idea what could’ve been the cause of this?

I'm not sure, one thing is for sure and we need more goals. I'm just not sure how 😕

Booze and hard training, Often combined.

hes stride, Not a bad skater but has a very clunky style.

Keeps the world out, Listen to music and walks if he can.

Hockey, Living in Sweden the game of hockey is pretty big. But sadly due to time differences most swedes don't follow the more action-packed  NHL-hockey.

6. Favourite soft drink?

VItamin-Drink(Citrus-Elderflower) or Julmust

Just seems like we cant score maybe we should shuffle some lines around.

lots of beers. 

he can play left and right handed 

he thrives under pressure 

esports 

6. Favourite soft drink?
sprite!

On 4/25/2023 at 11:07 PM, Bulduray_1 said:

6. Favourite soft drink?

I mean I guess teams just finally reaching their potential on strategies? Shitty luck it hurts

2. Well for one he just keeps pushing on as he wants to be a great defenseman but with our play as of late the wins just arent coming our way

3. I think he's just a guy that's just there to shut you down. If he gets assist cool, but he's there to make sure goals are scored much less

4. I think he does struggle a little as he Is a rookie after all. Rookie shakes ya know

5. I don't really know many sports other than the mainstream ones so sorry! 

6. Dr pepper easily

1. It seems like we’ve hit a stand still without much success in our recent games. Any idea what could’ve been the cause of this? Honestly, I think it is just bad luck. We have been hitting the ice and practicing, we seemed to be coming together...and then the wheels fell off. But I think it can turnaround just as quickly as it went bad.

2. How does your player deal with adversity? Quiet determination. There has to be time to vent the frustration, not directed at anyone, that can destroy team morale and cohesion, but vent to get the negativity out...then work even harder to turn things around

3. What’s something unique about your player on the ice? Maybe not what you are looking for, but I miss my Mom. Her favorite color is purple. So I wear a purple t-shirt under my gear

4. How does your player handle situations of pressure? Pressure is a fact of life and trying to hold it in is counter-productive. All that does is cause even more pressure. So I find that long walks help, reminding myself that there are things bigger than me. I sit back and remind myself to enjoy the little things in life and not sweat everything else.

5. What is a sport that doesn’t get enough love? Here in the US? That is tough. I guess I would say soccer. I know it is popular world-wide. But for some reason we here dont seem to be as interested as we should be

6. Favourite soft drink? Mt Dew. Not that I have had one in ages. But yea, used to live on those

On 4/26/2023 at 12:07 AM, Bulduray_1 said:

6. Favourite soft drink?

As a team, we've definitely hit a rough patch recently. It's hard to pinpoint one specific thing that's causing it, but we know we need to work harder and focus on executing our game plan to get back to winning ways.

I think the key to dealing with adversity is to stay focused and never give up. Hockey is a tough sport, and there are always going to be ups and downs. It's important to stay positive, work hard, and believe in ourselves and our abilities.

One thing that's unique about me on the ice is my ability to score goals from anywhere on the ice. I try to always be in the right place at the right time and take advantage of any scoring opportunities that come my way.

I try to stay calm and focused in pressure situations. I know that my team is counting on me to make plays and contribute to our success, so I try to embrace the pressure and use it as motivation to perform at my best.

I think lacrosse is a sport that doesn't get enough love. It's a fast-paced, exciting game that requires a lot of skill and athleticism. I've always enjoyed playing it in the off-season to stay in shape and work on different aspects of my game.

My favorite soft drink is definitely root beer. There's nothing better than a cold, refreshing root beer after a hard-fought game.