A New Challenger Approaches

Over the recent days there have been several new members added to the team in Houston. Interestingly enough those players happen to also be some of the greatest conquerors the world has ever known, along with a structural wonder known far and wide.

First came Napoleon Bonaparte. The military emperor from France who rose to power during the French Revolution in the 1790s. He led the country over the course of 2 distinct reigns, one between 1804 and 1814 which saw the French Empire take dominion over the Holy Roman Empire, Spain, Italy, and nearly the rest of Western Europe. Of course reign would come to and end, but unexpectedly he rose to power once again for a total of about 4 months. Since then he has stayed in exile honing his hockey talents.

image.jpeg.78028647be777c794896ed2526fdafae.jpeg

Next came Alexander the Great, king of ancient Greece and husband to three separate wives. As king of Macedonia and Persia he established the largest empire in the entire ancient world. It spanned all the way from Macedonia to India to Egypt. Truly an amazing amount of land to rule over in a single kingdom. It is believed that he died after the death of friend and lover Hephaestion passed away. In reality he has been living in northern Canada waiting for his moment to take the hockey world by storm.

Alexander the Great | Biography, Empire, Death, & Facts | Britannica

There is of course the Mongolian Emperor Genghis Khan as well whose influence is seen throughout the entire world. His reign was only a short 19 years but in that time he pillaged and ruled over more than half of Asia's land. Following the split of the Mongol empire which saw wars of succession for Khan's throne there became a total of 5 different regions. Khan would spend the next 800 years training in the sport of hockey, never paying any mind to defense but always working scoring.

image.jpeg.dc8ea44e0f227df36453ce0cc61fe475.jpeg

Lastly the literal Leaning Tower of Pisa has come to Houston to join the Bulls. Nobody knows how or even why it was compelled to come Houston, the tower just showed up outside the arena one day with a note stuck to it that said "I want to play hockey" -Tower of Pisa. Who in their right mind is going to deny that kind of star power and publicity? So the GM signed the Leaning Tower of Pisa and history was made with the first building to player in the VHLM!

image.jpeg.51b92ad9ca73d350f1937390d5d4ab29.jpeg

The three conquerors sat together at a card table playing poker and reminiscing about their battles throughout history, congratulating each other on their exceptional empires and poking fun at Napoleon's short stature.

Khan: "You know there are 16 million descendants of mine throughout the world? That has to be some kind of a record."

Napoleon "Well not all of us a crazed sex perverts like you Genghis, some of us just wanted to create a large empire."

Alexander "Speak for yourself Napoleon, you're just salty cause you could find a woman to bend down low enough to reach your crumb."

Khan and Alexander gave out a heart laugh.

Napoleon "I swear it one day you'll push me just a little too far. And on that day I'll-"

Khan "You'll what, shorty? It's 2 against 1. 3 against 1 if you count our tower buddy"

Napoleon "You never know, there could be someone else joining our ranks soon. Another historical conqueror..."

The hair on everyone's arms started to stand tall. You could tell there was something wrong. It was something in the air. In the distance they heard it... A shouting from far away...

"DEUTSCHE ERGEBENHEIT!"

Khan "No. He's not allowed"

Alexander "Jesus Christ Napoleon fucking tell me you didn't invite him"

Napoleon "Hey I didn't do anything, he just showed up"

Lol love the history class, seems like your team is about the rule the world quite literally 😂. Can’t wait to see how Napoleon takes over the VHL and takes out all his competition. For sure a funny media spot. 10/10 for the creativity, no doubt!