Rookie scouts active Prospects

diacope

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png.7634b736c0c813019b

The season is well underway and the recently drafted players are either still grinding or falling down the live draft rankings, it's still early but I wanted to take a look at the London United prospects and see how've performed in the VHLM. Here's a list of our active guys and how much potential I think they have.

LW | Nathan Perry | :mia:

Potential ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Management in Miami are definitely giving themselves a pat on the back after acquiring this talented young wing in the draft 33rd overall, ever since his first time showing up at practice Perry hasn't missed a day yet! This season we see an even more involved and impactful player whose given a much needed spark in the Marauders lineup (Currently 2nd in the Western Conference), so far Nathan has gotten a point a game and most of those came from opportunities created by launching the puck anytime the chance came, shooting more than 4 a game.

Looking in the future I'm excited to see how Nathan Perry will fit into our line up, right now we only have 5 forwards signed and only one of them play on the left side of the ice, although it's possible for N.P. to move up and get some playing time, another season playing in the sunshine will help the forward get ready for stronger talent being one of the best in his draft class still in the minors.

D | Tee Pee E II | :mck:

Potential ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

First of all I'm a fan of odd names and for some reason Tee Pee E II just sounds so cool. He's part of my draft class and our only prospective defenseman playing in the minors, a steal in our class after only producing 18 points in 72 games last season but the scouts took a chance after looking back at how well he did in his first season, now we see him back in action and better than ever! This season Pee E focused his efforts in training to become a playmaking speedster for the Kings and Rush, scoring 7 times (4 on the PP) and assisting 40 times (16 on the PP) while using his speed to block 86 shots, making him a key player on the offensive unit.

Right now London has 5 defenders under contract and 2 of them are free agents next season, there's a small chance but still an opportunity to fit into the lineup but another season playing in the M is recommended so whenever he does advance there will be a spot ready for his sharpened skills.

RW | Kelly Power | :veg:

Potential  ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ .5

I've had the joy to play with Kelly in Las Vegas and his work ethic rubs off on his teammates, although he hasn't had the best puck luck the little things he does makes the team better. In 51 games Power has just 26 points but has made a name for himself in the physical area, amounting 162 hits (Over 3 a game and 5th in the league right now) plus he's been an annoyance in front of the opposition's netminder every shift.

Like Nathan Perry, K.P. can probably fit somewhere in the line up as a swiss knife in the near future and further development in the VHLM will help craft a more deadly two-way threat.

LW | Maksim Yakolevsky | :sdm:

Potential  ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ .5

Another player I played with before after being called up this season and we are also were part of the same draft class, a little bit of a journeyman in playing on 4 different teams in 2 seasons but with hundreds of strategies thrown at him to learn that only helped him develop into a goal scoring threat who'll have chemistry with anybody who can pass. Looking at his stats from the current season, Yakolevsky has scored 28 times (9 with the extra man) and counting, 2 behind his 30 scored in 72 last season with plenty of time left to get more than that as long as he keep firing them at the net like he has (241 total shots, 43 more than last season).

It's probably not going to be at least a couple of seasons before the fans chant "Maksim Maksim Maksim" because the United have a lot of goal scorers but that doesn't mean he can't compete in the VHL, you never know.. The right line up strategy needs his cannonball of a shot, nonetheless the future forward crew is going to fill any voids with similar skillsets.

C | Hendrix Cobberson | :mia:

Potential ⭐ ⭐ 

One of our prospects I know little about and there's not whole lot of history to breakdown either but I see potential if the consistent Hendrix can earn a little more each week so he can build his player out more, like claiming welfare for 6 per week instead of only 2. Still in his debut season without a goal (1 assist in 42 games) and playing on a strong Miami team, Cobberson has the time to learn and little ice time to do it, it'll be easier to get a read on his potential next season when more opportunities arise. 

London is loaded with centers and it'll be some time before a spot opens up but if everything lines up right by the time newcomer H.C. caps the United could use his talents in a depth role.

LW | Jon Strider | :sdm:

Potential ⭐ ⭐ ⭐

Just recently heard of Jon after his trade from Houston and he's definitely a gem that just needs a little chiseling, Strider's build is almost identical to Kelly Power minus the height, his numbers have been pretty good considering the ice-time received playing on one of the leagues best teams (7 goals 13 assists in 50 games) and will only get better next season playing in a bigger role for the Marlins.

Looking into the future I can see J.S. fitting into a 3rd line role but that's the fourth prospect winger we have, solidifying the position if everybody keeps earning.. They're might not be much room now but we shouldn't see any more drafted in the near future. 

@tinafrombobsburgers

@Hendrix Cobberson

@Nordin

@Nepto

@Strider

@Goliathus

1,012 words

Edited by ZP16