Reapers name new AGM

DMaximus

The Philadelphia Reapers are in the middle of one of their franchise’s best seasons. The Reapers have been locked in a battle with the Mexico City Kings for top place in the standings for the entire season. Then the phone rang. Aside from a couple of wonky games, the season has been going exactly as planned by GM Domini Maximus and Assistant General Manager Spence King.

Then the phone rang. It was Beaviss from the VHL’s Vancouver Wolves. “I’ve had my eye on Spence King for a while. He’s done great things during his time on the Reapers. I’m interested in talking to him about moving up to the big leagues, becoming my AGM.”

Maximus replied that Spence is a great AGM and they have no problem with Spence leaving the Reapers for a better opportunity. Maximus later said “Spence and I have had conversations in private about the possibility of him leaving for an open position. I never would prevent him from seeking opportunities that move him closer to his goal of being named GM of a VHLM expansion franchise.”

Spence and Beaviss had a good conversation and Spence accepted the position. In his announcement Spence said "Leaving Philadelphia was the hardest decision I have had to make since joining the VHL community, there are so many users I’ve met along the way that have helped me and hope that I have helped them and Philly will always be a part of my heart and don’t ever doubt a return to Philly one day ... Thanks to all the Roster players and Fans , Dmax especially for allowing me to take this amazing opportunity to grow towards my goal of becoming the next VHLM GM #OnceAReaperAlwaysAReaper"

The Reapers now had an opening. For a moment, Maximus thought about just going with now AGM, like they had for the first couple of seasons at the beginning of their career. But Maximus quickly decided they wanted to have an AGM. “It’s a great opportunity to give someone a chance to step up and take a bigger role in the VHL community. I like being able to provide that opportunity.” The Reapers organization posted they were taking applications for the AGM position. The response they received was overwhelming. “It was crazy seeing the response. Not only the number of responses, but the quality of the applicants were tremendous.”

After a couple days, the Reapers announced they hired dariusmarimotoman as the AGM. “Bobo did a great job as the head scout for the Reapers for the last draft. We had a ton of picks and there were a ton of active players. Bobo was extremely helpful with scouting all of the players who eventually became Reapers. Without him, we wouldn’t have the amazing team we have today.” Their player, Darius Marimoto has also been the captain of the Reapers for the past 3 seasons. “The Reapers are extremely familiar with Darius. It made them feel like a natural fit for the AGM position.”

“I hope those who applied don’t feel slighted because they weren’t picked. There really were a lot of great applicants. I hope they continue to apply for future positions. There’s a lot of great people who can really contribute to the league.”

Marimoto said during their announcement “Being a part of any teams management staff is special on its own, but being part of one that’s been so special to me is something else. I cannot wait to begin my work with Domini.”

Reaper faithful hope that the front office change doesn’t disrupt their current season. One fan said “I’m glad Spence is able to move up in the world and the Bobo got added to the staff as long as they keep their focus on the ice and winning that cup. That’s all I care about. Let’s go Reapers!”

@Beaviss @Spence King @dariusmarimotoman