Songs you're likely to hear in the Helsinki Locker Room when Emi has control of the music.

Emi

This week i thought i would do a run down on what type of music i subject the Helsinki Locker room too while we are getting ready for games.

These songs are in no order and obviously they are going to be different and stuff just gets a taste of what kind of music is to be expected if you find yourself in the locker room with me at some point.

Emi Rune is a player that is from Japan and as a result you'll find a lot of music from the region in this playlist but it is not exclusive to Japan as some other places appear.

Now, please remember that everyone has different tastes in music and if some of these are not for you then that is ok but please be respectful and not go out and be a meanie for the sake of it. It takes all different types of people to make a world.

So to get us started I'll do a little explanation for each song and why you may hear it and what it means to me as a person and a player! Like i said before they are all not in any order but you are guarenteed to hear me play these.

Stay Tune - Suchmos

This is a band i can talk about so much but i will not do that here instead i will just talk about this song Stay Tune and what it means to me.

This song basically introduced me to newer songs that remind me lot of a band that i used to like called Jamiroquai. The music here is like a combonation between city pop and Acid Jazz. This song was one of my most played songs of 2020 and that is a shock when i found it in late september but ever since i have basically listened to it daily and as a result finds a spot on something i'd probably listen too in a locker room. As stated before Emi is from Japan so i think it fits too and she'd probably love the combonation too as she's basically just an extension of me. I can imagine her singing alone like i do in real life and try to get other to join in but fail to do so. One of Emi's biggest passions is singing even if she's not classically trained or very good at it.

忘れられないの - Sakanaction

This song is one that i really like due to music video mostly but i still remember the song quiet a bit. It's still relaxed but it starts to ramp up in tempo compared to some of the other songs and i think that it is a good thing to work up to being high tempo when you're going to make something for a playlist.

When this actually comes on in real life i start singing and doing the dances they do from the music video! I love it so much and i really want to show it with as many people as possible so i can imagine Emi doing the same. Her being all laced up and ready but dancing waiting for being told to go out for a warm up. I know when she was in Vancouver she'd dance with Venus Thightrap and Riley Couture but since moving she's been dancing solo.

FREE - POLKADOT STINGRAY

Polkadot Stingray are the band that really got me into Japanese music again and i have been trying to learn more and more of there songs. Actually the song i am sharing here legit is on the new album they had and released 2 days ago which is super exciting for me as most of my music was old and they would not make new music sadly.

So, this is the song that is probably the highest tempo or maybe the the next one i am not entirely sure but it's something i'd probably play near just before going out honestly.

Emi, would love the song free as that is what she is now after leaving Vancouver. She's gotten a new lease on life and is ready for anything that the games may throw at her. As a actual person i am very excited when i hear the music of Polkadot stingray as they usually have upbeat songs that are really quick so i could have chosen anything by them really. I hope that our other Japanese player would also enjoy listening to music from their homeland!

HAVE A NICE DAY - World Order

This song is one of those like before that is really high tempo so great to get you pumped up but the thing that i like about it is that regardless of win or loss it always makes you feel happy and remember to have a nice day. The actual band is really interesting but for a sports thing i think this would be one to really get you hyped up.

I personally love songs that have happy meaning and good meanings behidn them so this one really would be brilliant in my opinion and i would love to remind everyone reading to have a nice day! Regardless of where you are.

This is another song i fell in love with due to the music video and i can imagine Emi trying to get everyone coordinated on the ice to dance with this. How successful that is will be another thing really.

Emi would totally though be up for dancing with anyone to this so if you are on a different team and want a quick dance why not come and have a dance with me! I need to be more active anyways so nothing better than some dancing for a fun version of exercise!

Rererepeat - Frederic

This is a song that i find really catchy and upbeat. The song is very simple and easy to pick up lyrics even as a none native Japanese speaker. I do know enough japanese to get by for stuff like game translation. However, this song is stupidly simple and i would like to see others become really interested in this band.

This band is another one from Emi's home band and i think this would be her favourite band in my opinion i think but i am not entirely sure 100% about this though. I just can imagine her being really into most of there music and stuff due to most of them being really up beat that really fits the personality that Emi has overall.

Rererepeat is something Emi can do this year by winning the championship again! I mean who does not want that i guess. Overall though i think that this song is really upbeat and one of those good to get you ready and active!

Fun Tonight - Macross 82-99

Macross 82-99 is a band that really is classed as vapourwave to be honest. I mentioned before that i love City Pop music and Vapourwave is basically an extention this genre.

Macross 82-99 basically make upbeat more electro style vapourwave music. Now the reason i like this song mainly is that i can imagine Emi trying to remake this kind of music and style with her own instruments as i have her knowing how to play a synth in my in game story. This is an extention of my ability to play the instrument myself and i can imagine that Emi doing Air synth basically while this is playing getting really into it. What is Air Synthing you say? Imagine Air Guitar but it looks more like a keyboard. I do this in real life when i hear music that i can tell how they made it. Owl City is an example of music that i do this to a lot. I know Macross is mostly sample and stuff but they are still singable which i love as i love to sing!

Dynamite - BTS

Now, we're onto the first none Japanese entry of the things i'd play in the locker room. The band BTS don't really make music i like but i really like the song Dynamite. Usually they are singing in Korean but something about the tempo and english in this really makes me like it. When i first listen to this song i did not even realise it was BTS and i only found this out recently that they made this song that i liked.

Now, i can imagine this being the first song that most of her teammates may have heard of and would be actually be willing to sing it with me and why would they not want to do that!

I mean there is nothing greater than going to have a little sing along. i mean i know that Emi already sings on her own in the shower as she's the only female on the team so she's always on her lonesome. So trying to get people to join in when they are in the locker room is probably best for her morale.

Now it is another one of those songs that is up tempo and playable to get hyped up for a game! Now for Emi the user the song is something i would really enjoy hearing at a party and i think most people there would not really think twice about who it is. I think that as a result it is a good song overall.

Take a Walk - Passion Pit

This would be one of those songs that i would play in the locker room after a loss as a way to try and cheer up and wind down from playing. It is very relaxing to me like not stupidly relaxing but some great warm down music. I think that Emi would personally be actually trying to sing to this and distort her voice (I do this in real life when this song is on.).

I like songs that are somewhat happy and relaxing i could have put a bunch on by Passion Pit as they have so many that fit this bill and you are likely to find me listening too.

The music is clearly synth pop or something like that but i think it is something that i personally find inspiring and i like to listen too when i am writing PTs and other things such as that so i would do the same when if i was really playing and due to Emi being an extention of me i can imagine her doing the same!

Love Love Mode - Dmitri from Tokyo/Paris

This one has to be the most relaxing and chill songs on this list. If you are listening to this song it is to relax after a match. I can imagine this song being something Emi really likes due to being a fan of Dmitiri from Paris due to his work on Moon Phase for the intro for that show.

The song is basically sampled bits from that and then remixed in a chill and relaxing way. I think this really is a thing that Emi tries to be chill and relaxed in almost all situations and having a clear mind is one of the reasons she is improving with defence as time goes along. I can imagine her having a long shower with this playing in the background as she tries to wind down after a match. It is not something you can really dance too or sing too so it really fits the purpose of what she needs it for!

As a user it is something that i have put on before to fall asleep too as it is super relaxing to me i think the background noises are very nice to listen too.

Virtual Insanity - Jamiroquai

This song has like two reasons i'd listen to this in a locker room. The first is that i love Acid Jazz and i'd have to play something by Jamiroquai in the locker room to be honest. I can imagine Emi sing this and really get into it and just be doing the dance from the music video pretending to slide around the room while her teammates laugh at her and wonder what is actually going on.

Due to Emi already listening to and liking Suchmos i can imagine them playing near each other in the playlist so she can have her little corner of just that style of music and just going all out.

The next reason is that lets be honest the idea of a song called Virtual Insanity basically sums up what playing in Simon T Hockey Simulator is like.

Conclusion:

Now you have seen the short snippet of songs you would find in my playlist and hopefully you enjoyed it.

All these songs i listen to oftern to be honest so i think Emi would have a similar taste in music to me which is different from her sim league sisters such as Etsuko who i can only imagine listening to Music from VA-11 HALL-A. I also imagine Manto Listened to exclusively Vocaloid music and basically made everyone sing Popipo over and over till they all got tired of her and decided it was time to remove her from the team.

Words: 2208

Edited by Emi
Fixing Formatting and adding content

Just now, Blazzer said:

. is a good playlist

Don't expect a playlist it's more of 10 random songs you'll here in the locker room.

I'm doing a full write up of stuff right now.

I have a odd musical taste I'll admit. 

Most of these couldn't go near each other for setlist flow.

Edited by Emi

Haven't really heard of any of these songs (except the one by BTS), but it's a pretty good article as far as list media spots go. The only thing I noticed was the odd grammatical error here and there. For example, the capitalization on i wasn't there a handful of times, but not a huge deal. 9/10 article

Edited by a_Ferk

On 12/28/2020 at 4:53 AM, a_Ferk said:

Haven't really heard of any of these songs (except the one by BTS), but it's a pretty good article as far as list media spots go. The only thing I noticed was the odd grammatical error here and there. For example, the capitalization on i wasn't there a handful of times, but not a huge deal. 9/10 article

Considering English isn't one of my strong points and it takes me a long time to get small amount of grammatical errors I'm pretty happy. 

Also 2/4