Bears Blab #1

Banackock

I don't know how many of these I've started but this is the easiest one to remember because each title had it's own name depending where I was writing. Sometimes at work, in bed, in the tub, on the shitter. My artsy word vomit for the league happens in many unique places. One of the best times of the season is around and that's the off-season. Lot's of action was happening so let's just get right into my 3 bear blabs for the week.

• I think this season is going to be my 28th season as a general manager. It's been pretty constant for energy for quite some time. No dip, no gain. Can't do much more than I've already done but love the role, it's duties and engaging with amazing people. A lot of people complain the off-season is too long and they get bored and while Seattle's "off-season" was prolonged a tiny bit this year, the break as a GM is honestly not a bad thing. You go deep in the playoffs and it's a constant boom, boom, boom. 
  • The Seattle Bears had an excellent draft. We had one target in mind who was @Juice, could of potentially snuck in a pick on dishonesty but decided not to. I wasn't joshing around when I said the talent at 8/9 was comparable to that at 5. We ended up nabbing @Hex Universe @Toast at those 2 picks, so can you really chuckle and say "X" won? I don't think so. We ended up topping the cake with the the most legendary cherry of them all in @Phil. Seattle win's the first round. Sure, quantity. Also quality. It's nice being a team that just did a massive amount of winning, being able to enter a "retool" and add awesome depth, and still try and make a playoff run. If we don't, what's wrong with another sweet pick?
  • Off-season was a lot of fun. Trade talks started much earlier than the off-season and Seattle was swinging out of the fences. A lot of hard trades had to be made but we felt like it was the best thing for the organization. You can either sell at the peak, or close to it and capitalize on your gains, or wait a bit for the price to come down hoping you hit that final Cinderella moment. We want to remain competitive. Not for 1-2 seasons but for many. We'll do what we can to make that happen.