Laine snaps at reporter during post-game interview

Laine

Some topics are better left untouched in conversation. Helsinki Titans forward Patrik Laine didn't hold back when a reporter, who has had a history of trashing and making things up about the young finnish star, attempted to touch one of those topics in a post-game interview after Helsinki's 5-4 OT Win against Riga.

"Patrik, Helsinki is currently sitting at 3-2-0 on the season including tonight's win against Riga. There is so much on this team that can be improved upon with a few trades. This can make you an expendable asset. My question is, do you see yourself bei-"

"Don't even go there....Don't even go there.....It doesn't matter what I answer, you're gonna write f**king s**t anyways. Like what do you want me to say? Can/will I be traded? Yes, definitely a possibility, but it's not going to happen as far as I know. I know I'm a big piece for the future of this team moving forward. Helsinki wouldn't just throw me away for nothing. We're a team that is contending for the Continental Cup and that's all we have on our minds at this time. So, do something not just for my sake but for everyone else's sakes as well. Stop making up sh*t rumours every time a star player bats an eyelash and report on some actual sh*t. Or better yet, just drop out of sports journalism all together. Next Question."

Near the end of the media availability, Laine was asked about the outburst, and issued an apology out to the other reporters who were present"

"I mean, I just don't like being slandered. I've made it pretty clear that I love being in Helsinki and there isn't any other place I'd rather be. Makes it hard though when you have to deal with the same guy spreading the same rumours all over again. Sorry you guys had to see me go off like that."

(319 words)

@PatrikLaine Let me answer this for the Press.

"As Helsinki AGM I would just like to say that Laine's value to our team as a member both on an of the ice is almost incalculable.  To put things in plain terms for the members of the press we in Helsinki see our players a people, not pawns to be traded on a whim.  The value on any trade that would go through with Laine's name on it, would have to give a borderline unallowable amount of assets to the Titans. Because when you see his presence both on and off the ice, you start seeing why it would be hard to get Helsinki to allow such an asset to leave their LR. Now I may only be an AGM but I truly believe my feelings on this matter are backed by @Jubo07 and the entire Helsinki Head office. Now are you all going to leave my player alone or do I have to remove you myself" - AGM Katherine Blade