WE ARE LEGION | Episode 1 | Feat. Peace, DoktorFunk, FromTheInside and Juice!

Peace

675045820_TOR_Silver(4G).thumb.png.7b38d58efe07e63c8040e12c8e3b45b0.png

https://soundcloud.com/wearetorlegion/we-are-legion-podcast-ep1

The first ever podcast of "WE ARE LEGION" has released!

This episode features @Juice, @DoktorFunk, @fromtheinside and myself. 

We didn't record any time stamps, but we hope you all enjoy the podcast. 

Great insight into the locker room and explaining the situation and subsequent trades. Also interesting to hear from a GM with regards to trading, especially at draft time. 

@Peace And here I was, worried about bringing drama to the Legion locker room if selected 😁

Anyway, enjoyed the listen. 

Wow, a lot of interesting shit going down here. From the LR issue to that crazy draft, it was genuinely fun to listen to.

Sometimes though, Scotty and Peace sound so similar that I can’t tell them apart 😁

Good listen. Sounds like everyone enjoyed their time and is a fun thing for a team to do. 

1. The handling of the Steve situation was done very well. He probably isn’t a fan of me and I don’t care a whole lot, but I stand by my words that he was an awesome guy to speak with and have part of in our locker room AND even secret council. Just, as others know, there was a couple issues and it is what it is. At the end of the day, you want members to be happy and be team orientated but also 100% support caring about their player. There is a line somewhere though.

2. Greg is a good guy. He was only dealt for cap and so he wasn’t buried behind a roster here. Coming back we knew he’d sign immediately. Just the vibe. He was an amazing Bear. He is an amazing Bear. I love that Greg fucks around and likes to shoot the shit and even shit talk the boys. The leagues supposed to be fun! He’s one of the best members in the LR once again. Reps the Bears very well. 

3. The Strauss trade Peace mentioned me thinking it would be a win for me where he thought it would be a win for him. I see it as a win/win. I think the price was pretty even despite a 1st being able to mislead the value a bit. Strauss is a decent member, player and signed his career away. Toronto solves some issues, frees up some space and adds a pick that continues to build on their strong youth movement. If you’re asking me, it could help more than harm. It could also be the other way depending how things unfold in the near and distant future. To me, both GM’s win and overall, it was a good hockey trade - as well as enjoyable talks for myself. I appreciate Toronto returning Strauss home. Shame it wasn’t the same for the 2nd half. I don’t hold onto shit that revolves around business here. Everyone’s approach to handling a team, their decisions and even personal values vary on assets differ because of so many different reasons. 👍

4. The juice trade thing was obviously perspective based and everyone is gonna think their situation was a bit better when they come out on top. It was interesting to hear one side and it’s good for Toronto that it worked out for them. It also seemed like a bit of biased perspectives when stating Seattle and DCD’s discussions were complicated and some other things but again, personal perspective based off history and ones self. Seattle landed Hex and Toast at 8/9. Added Phil later in the 1st.  Don’t think we “lost the war”. Maybe the diplomatic err.. discussions? 

- Eno let me know Toronto made an offer of 1st and a 4th (you missed that when explaining). 

- I said I’d do 1st + 4th and a lower prospect.. Eno had no use for the prospect (understandable) so I bumped it to 1/3. He said he’d talk to Toronto and that was the end of that. 

- 90% of this discussion was where we thought each player would go in the top 8 or so picks. Not much was discussions about the trade. Insightful draft talks. 

- Talks ended and the next day he got back to me saying Toronto matched the offer of 1/3 and he decided to accept it, quoting Eno “He matched it and I didn’t feel like negotiating any more :p”. 

- Afterwards, I stated it was a bit silly to accept without seeing if someone else would pay more. Not how I operate but it is what it is and was all good. As mentioned above, everyone has their own style and we’re all human too. I said I’d offer 1+2 but respectfully Eno said he’s a man of integrity and stated he accepted the deal so was gonna honour that. Respectable thing to do! I’ve been in those situations before. I would of likely been willing to go to the 1/2/3/4 + spect offer which yes, comes as quality V Quantity, but is much better than 1/3’s quantity. Big difference in value. 

5. Toronto has a great group of members and a nice mix of recreates and first gens. After a bit of walking with the lights off and being in the role, it looks like Toronto has finally found a flash light and is finding their way. I think if handled right and capitalizing on moments and assets, their future is very bright and full of success. Off the top of my head, a few pieces could be used up front but their D and G are absolutely set. If they need 1 piece to fill on the back end they can easily do so. For forwards, I don’t know 100% but I don’t think there will be too many issues on filling the void and I do believe it could be filled via trade or FA, but absolutely will be targeted with the upcoming draft which is very low on Defense anyway. 

As mentioned, enjoyed listening to this and think it’s a neat idea if you guys continue it which I’m sure most will do. Some audio issues a ways through it where things got very quiet but only for a short bit of time. We’re rivals. We’re in the same conference etc. There’s gonna be blood but always respect! Good shit, Toronto. Keep up the awesome stuff! :cheers: