New Player/User Press Conference

On 3/17/2021 at 2:00 PM, thadthrasher said:

Welcome to the VHL! Answering press conference questions is one of the EASIEST ways to earn 2 capped TPE. 

Answer these questions, click the three dots on the right of your submitted response, click "share" and copy the URL. Scroll up and click "Update Player" and you'll be taken to your Player Management Page on the portal. Click "claim capped," week ending is the upcoming Sunday, under "type" hit "press conference" and then paste the URL. Now, click submit!

Questions:
1. What brought you to the VHL?

2. What are you most excited about?

3. Are you modeling your player after anyone?

4. How are you feeling after making an account and a player?. What is your favorite NHL team?

6. Is this your first time in a sim league?

1. Well, I first saw the VHL through watching a TacTixHD video. 

2. I mostly find myself interested and excited to join a community of like minded individuals looking for a creative outlet to spend our time together.
3. Of course! We all have our hockey idols. I am choosing my favorite player, Kevan Miller. 

4. Making an account and player was very streamlined and easy to understand. Even moreso the amount of guides and members welcoming myself made the transition into the community twice as enticing and simple.

5. My favorite team is home town of course, the Boston Bruins. I'm from Central Massachusetts, and have grown up with the black and gold.

6. This is my first time in a sim league, which makes every forum and tutorial for beginning here extra welcome and helpful in my quest to get up to speed with my peers.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the VHL! Answering press conference questions is one of the EASIEST ways to earn 2 capped TPE. 

Answer these questions, click the three dots on the right of your submitted response, click "share" and copy the URL. Scroll up and click "Update Player" and you'll be taken to your Player Management Page on the portal. Click "claim capped," week ending is the upcoming Sunday, under "type" hit "press conference" and then paste the URL. Now, click submit!

Questions:

4. How are you feeling after making an account and a player?

5. What is your favorite NHL team?

1. I am coming back, see if I can get to be a VHL great with this player.

2. Getting back in touch with the community for sure.

3. Not that I know of, but definitely want for him to be a sniper

4. Pretty good, hopefully some offers come around and I start playing ASAP

5. Tampa Bay Lightning

6. Not really, been here before.

• 3 weeks later...

Questions:

I'd been in football leagues for about 5 years and a lot of them would die in their first, so decided to give a hockey league that I'd heard been around for 6 years a go.

Continuing to fail to meet expectations and get a point per game despite having a super high TPA.

I'm modelling it after the board game Clue, which is called Cluedo in the United Kingdom

I felt so good about making one account that I went and made another.

I don't follow them super close, but I support the Predators.

First hockey sim league, but I'd probably been in like ten football leagues prior to this one. 

On 3/17/2021 at 3:00 PM, thadthrasher said:

Questions:

1. Returning member! Took time away because I got busy and am finally getting around to returning to the league

2. Creating a fun backstory for my player. And leading a team to victory, of course

3. Not this time

4. Eager to get on a team

5. The Leafs 🫠

6. No

• 2 weeks later...

No Press Conference options from my team so going to do this one:

What brought me to the VHL?
I've always had a deep passion for hockey, and the VHL offered me the opportunity to take my love for the game to the next level. The competitiveness, the camaraderie, and the chance to showcase my skills on a virtual platform really intrigued me. I wanted to challenge myself and see how far I could go in this simulated hockey world.

What are you most excited about?
I'm most excited about the prospect of competing against talented players from all around the VHL. The Junior Showcase Tournament is a fantastic opportunity to showcase my abilities and measure myself against some of the best prospects in the league. I thrive on competition and look forward to pushing myself to new heights.

Are you modeling your player after anyone?
While I appreciate the styles of many NHL players, I wouldn't say that I'm modeling my player after anyone specific. I believe in developing my own unique style of play that combines elements of speed, skill, and a strong work ethic. I want to create my own path and leave a lasting impact based on my abilities and contributions to the game. If I had to pick one, I would say Eric Lindros. 

How are you feeling after making an account and a player?
I'm feeling extremely excited and motivated after creating my account and player. It's a fresh start, a new chapter in my hockey journey. I have the chance to build a legacy in the VHL, and I'm determined to make the most of it. I'm focused on honing my skills, connecting with my teammates, and working towards success in the league.

What is your favorite NHL team?
Growing up, I've always been a fan of the Detroit Red Wings. Their storied history, championship pedigree, and commitment to excellence have always resonated with me. I admire the team's dedication to a strong work ethic and their ability to cultivate a winning culture. The Red Wings have left a lasting impact on the sport, and I've always found inspiration in their achievements.

Is this your first time in a sim league?
Yes, this is my first time participating in a simulation league. The concept of sim leagues is fascinating to me, as it provides an avenue to experience the world of professional hockey in a unique way. I'm excited to embrace the challenges and opportunities that come with being a part of the VHL and look forward to making a name for myself in this virtual hockey community.

On 3/17/2021 at 1:00 PM, thadthrasher said:

1. I like building hockey players, and the SHL is too in depth - money leagues, smh

2. The draft is the best part of being a new create.

3. I don’t watch hockey. I know nothing 

4. Pretty good.

5. I could care less about the NHL. I listened to a Sidney Crosby bio and it was cool. Penguins I guess.

6. Far from it.

• 7 months later...

"Hey there! Are you ready for an exciting adventure? Join UghSike as he crosses the border and explores new horizons. Get ready to experience all the thrills and excitement of a daring journey. Let's hit the road together!"

Well, I was watching some hockey videos on YouTube and I saw a link to this site. I enjoyed the content in the video, and said "Why not?".

I'm most excited to see not only how I grow and progress in the league, but also looking forward to working with my new team to see just how high we can elevate one another's game and presence in the VHL.

I'm looking to create a two way forward type of player. Something along the lines of a Robertson/Heiskanen hybrid if you will.

I'm feeling pretty good. It took me a day or so to get familiar with the process, but the people here have been very helpful and have made this journey a lot easier.

I'm a long time Dallas Stars fan. I lived in Texas when they made the transition from Minnesota and I've been a fan ever since.

Yes, unless you consider some EA leagues a sim style. I suppose they are as far as drafting and such, but this is more definitive "sim" as far as text based and forum based hockey goes.

• 2 months later...

Questions:

1. I was brought here by my friend he told our friend group about this website and we joined and now its an active thing were on

2. I'm very excited to start simming and looking at my stats over time

3. I pretty much based my player off of an NHL 24 be a pro character and tried to make it more of a goal scorer 

4. I'm feeling happy and very excited to see how my player grows and performs in the leagues and where he ends up in the near future

5. my favorite NHL team is the Toronto maple leafs and the reason I like them so much Is because i chose them when I grew up and they have stuck with me since then

6. Yep! I haven't had any experience with sim leagues so this is brand new to me but I think I have gotten the hang of it and know how it works

• 5 weeks later...

Questions:

1) Just to have fun and play with friends

2) I am most exited to see how my player improves

3) I am not modeling my player after anyone but i want to be a player that can make plays but also score

1) How are you doing so far in the VHL?

2) Who is your favorite all-time NHL player?

3) What team do you think has had the best history in the NHL?

Questions:
> I came to have fun with AJW and Samx

> Potentially being the last draft pick!

> Bobby Orr

> A bit confused but trying my best to navigate

> None but if I had to choose Las Vegas is a cool looking team.

> I'm a part of the PBE and ISFL