New Player/User Press Conference

Welcome to the VHL! Answering press conference questions is one of the EASIEST ways to earn 2 capped TPE. 

Answer these questions, click the three dots on the right of your submitted response, click "share" and copy the URL. Scroll up and click "Update Player" and you'll be taken to your Player Management Page on the portal. Click "claim capped," week ending is the upcoming Sunday, under "type" hit "press conference" and then paste the URL. Now, click submit!

Questions:
1. What brought you to the VHL?

2. What are you most excited about?

3. Are you modeling your player after anyone?

4. How are you feeling after making an account and a player?

5. What is your favorite NHL team?

6. Is this your first time in a sim league?

2 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

Welcome to the VHL! Answering press conference questions is one of the EASIEST ways to earn 2 capped TPE. 

Answer these questions, click the three dots on the right of your submitted response, click "share" and copy the URL. Scroll up and click "Update Player" and you'll be taken to your Player Management Page on the portal. Click "claim capped," week ending is the upcoming Sunday, under "type" hit "press conference" and then paste the URL. Now, click submit!

Questions:

1 just wanted to try something new

2being part of a team and learning and growing

3 Yes , Keith Ktchuk

4 feeling good

5 Pittsburgh Penguins 

6ys

On 3/17/2021 at 2:00 PM, thadthrasher said:

Questions:

1. Sister League ! 

2. I love hockey, I like how the forum is built 

3. I like IRL Cody Glass

4. Well, just got drafted and it's nice ! 

5. Vegas and Montreal 

6. Not at all 

- I messed around google for simulation leagues and I just decided to give it a shot

-. My first VHL season

- In the long run gonna be like Mikko Rantanen

- My first thoughts were mixed but im good now

- Colorado, used to be a Minnesota fan

- Well I have not been around anywhere else so yes

Edited by Jolline

• 1 month later...

About 12 years ago, a user by the name of Laker12 convinced me to join the VHL. I already knew of its existence, and I had (apparently, but not to my memory at the time) made a player a couple years earlier but did not earn any TPE with them. I haven't really been active for a couple years, but I pop in to check how things are going every once in a while. A few weeks ago, I saw some articles about the Top 75 players in VHL history, and it got me wanting to make another player. I don't know that I'll make another player who is on a list like that (my last fully active player, Diana Maxwell, was somewhere in the 50's), but just reading through it all, seeing some old names and some new ones that I don't recognize filled me with nostalgia and a desire to make another comeback attempt.

I'm pumped to see the VHL at 16 teams. Back when I was last around, I remember the league having to drop from 10 to 8 teams. Things were not looking great. Obviously things have been going well for there to now be twice as many teams, and I think it's crazy. I'm really excited to see the flow of the league, the competitive cycle of teams now with there being so many more.

Eh, not really. I'm probably going to be build him very similar to how I built Diana Maxwell, but maybe add to checking earlier on. I think my physical build is bigger with Taylor Mourning. I'm still planning to play more as a goal scorer than a playmaker, but I'm thinking this will be my first real physical forward.

I'm not as into it as I was several weeks ago when I first popped back in and decided to make a player, but I've had a busy week. Now that it's the weekend and I have some time to actually be on the site, I am again thinking about the future of my player. I was actually taking a week off between jobs when I first decided to make another player, so I had a lot of free time. Now that I've started my job, and have less time than before due to a longer commute, after making my player I left him somewhat stagnant for a while. While at my peak activity, I would be on the VHL daily, I feel like now it's going to be something that I really only have maybe a handful of minutes every day to check scores and then spend some weekend time to earn my points.

The Minnesota Wild. I've lived in Minnesota almost my entire life, so it's natural. I'm not as big of a hockey fan as one might think someone from Minnesota would be, but I do like the Wild.

Not even close.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 12:36 PM, scoop said:

About 12 years ago, a user by the name of Laker12 convinced me to join the VHL.

What the shit, Nagger recruited you to the VHL??? That blows my mind...

Questions:
1. What brought you to the VHL? lol the guy who recruited me 

2. What are you most excited about? the draft 

3. Are you modeling your player after anyone? nope. im my own style 

4. How are you feeling after making an account and a player? good, everything has went smooth... so far 

5. What is your favorite NHL team? prob wings 

6. Is this your first time in a sim league? yes 

1. I was watching a youtuber on youtube and he made a publicity of the game, so i was curious and i went on the site and i really liked the game, so i started a player and the more i play, the more i like it.

2. Being drafted in the VHLM to finally be on a team and start the season.

3. Not really, i try to be a sniper that can do good passes, so maybe a Patrick Kane.

4. I am very excited, i really like the game and i start to fully understands the game.

5. Definitly the Montreal Canadien, I am a french canadian from Quebec, so I always cheered for them. 

6. Yes, i always wanted to find a sim league, but this is the first time that i like it.

• 3 months later...

1. Honestly, my buddy was all over me about joining the league, so I decided why not, and it has been awesome

2. Using my real-world job and putting it to use to create an awesome story

3. Not really. If anything, he resembles the bravado that I have when I'm 12 beers deep. 

4. I'm excited to see what clever storylines and world-building I can come up with

5. the 1974 and 1975 Stanley Cup Champion Philadelphia Flyers.

6. Nope, so I'm excited to get into this and make is something special

People talk about it fairly fondly in the SBA discord so I thought I would check it out.

The discord is like crazy active, there are so many people here.

Not overly, just trying to be the best goalie I can be

Overall happy, I also appreciate the irony of me answering this question on "R U Okay?" day in Australia.

5. What is your favourite NHL team?

The Los Angles Kings because I saw them play once.

No I am in the SBA aswell.

On 3/17/2021 at 7:00 PM, thadthrasher said:

I'm a member of the SBA and was finally tempted to come over and check this place out!

I noticed there is a team from my city of Warsaw, so I'm excited about potentially playing there.

Mostly overwhelmed. I thought it'd be easier since it's not my first simleague but it's still a bit much, haha

• 2 weeks later...

1. One of my friend about this league with me and i decide to try it

2. See what is going to happen with my player in the futur

3. Maybe become a Patrice Bergeron

4. Its bit hard to understand at the begining but starting to understand how the league work

5. The Edmonton Oilers

6.Yes its my first time

• 3 weeks later...

Questions:

1. Im just a fan of hockey in general and I saw an add online and it seems fun. 

2. I’m most excited about try to win a cup or a competition in this league.

3. Not really. It’s more how, if I was a goalie and how I want it to play, to be good at. 

4. Super exited play a bit and I try to improve the fastes possible. 

5. Hurricane because Aho is my favorite player and that’s why my player is from Finland.

6. Yes it is and it’s super fun. 

• 1 month later...

1. What brought you to the VHL? I got some e-mails and was thinking about it for a while then finally pulled the trigger.

2. What are you most excited about? Watching my player progress as the seasons go on.

3. Are you modeling your player after anyone? Patrick Kane

4. How are you feeling after making an account and a player? I had one in the past so it's exciting to be able to get going again

5. What is your favorite NHL team? Chicago Blackhawks

6. Is this your first time in a sim league? Nope, I'm in a bunch of others already including PBE, GOHLS, Big Head Baseball, and others.

Cold weather and boredom

following my players performance and my teams performance in the sim

Not really, maybe Anze Kopitar

Pretty good been having fun with it

LA Kings

I joined VHL a ways back but didn't stick around, here to stay this time! 

1. What brought you to the VHL? I was recruited by a friend 11 years ago, and decided it was time to return.

2. What are you most excited about? Developing enough to make my player a difference maker in the VHL, when he gets there.

3. Are you modeling your player after anyone? My first forward, Arce was a playmaker. So I am trying to develop more of a sniper build with good skating for this one.

4. How are you feeling after making an account and a player? I feel like a championship is already under my belt.

5. What is your favorite NHL team? New York Islanders.

6. Is this your first time in a sim league? Nope, I have been here before.

Questions:

Im a fan of hockey and a watcher of Odd man rush on youtube and tought i'd give it a shot.

Really growing a franshise player and discovering what is up each week

3. Are you modeling your player after anyone? An offensive machine i had with my brother on Nhl 21 franshise mode. An offensive defenseman who won the Rocket Richard trophy

That its much bigger than i thought and im learning as it goes.

Montreal Candiens

Yeah i play a lot of Nhl tho

1. The thing that brought me to the VHL was wanting to play some hockey obviously. Just get out there and play puck to puck

2. I’m excited to join a team and play some hockey.

3. No I am just making a new player starting a new history.

4. I feel good and ready to play some hockey.

5. Easily the Minnesota Wild GO WILD.

6. No I have played VHL before and it’s fun.

On 3/18/2021 at 5:00 AM, thadthrasher said:

Questions:

1. Heard about it on a youtube video and it sounded interesting

2. Giving this a proper go and hopefully making a half decent player

3. Not in particular

4. intrigued, hopeful and a little confused

5. Pittsburgh Penguins

6. yes, first time in any kind of fantasy/sim sports league.

• 8 months later...

1. What brought you to the VHL? SBA/EFL Affilation uncapped TPE.

2. What are you most excited about? My center becoming the second incarnation of Scotty Campbell, The Goat.

3. Are you modeling your player after anyone? See above.

4. How are you feeling after making an account and a player? I didn't want to learn hockey, but the Junior Showcase Tournament sim is the most exciting sim I am apart of currently as other leagues my player isn't capable of playing yet, or isn't simming quite yet.

5. What is your favorite NHL team? Whichever one is most acceptable for an Oregon resident to like. Seattle Kraken?

6. Is this your first time in a sim league? No. Hockey, yes.

Questions:

1. My friends whomst play in the VHL

2. I am excited to be on the Istanbul team

3. I'm thinking of a Michkov like build

4. I feel good

5. Washington Capitals

6. I think so

#BenAky
#Turkey
#Istanbul

1. What brought you to the VHL? Affilation for SBA, but league made me stay cause good peeps.

2. What are you most excited about? Getting drafted

3. Are you modeling your player after anyone? Scotty Campbell, the goat.

4. How are you feeling after making an account and a player? Goated.

5. What is your favorite NHL team? Sharks I guess idk hockey.

6. Is this your first time in a sim league? No, but yes. SBA is my first sim league, and other leagues I joined are cause I need the points for my first gen in SBA. So technically yes.