What does it feels like to be just a random as* normal regular website player

Coming into the season, I did not expect tohave a HOF season like Matt Thompson or Ryan Kastelic or whatever it was. A Mikko Lahtinen or a Ola Vikingstad from last season. A John Merrick or a Dakota Lamb in their sophomore or rookie season, but jesus I am very bad compared to a rookie like Red Lite and many others rookies who can get point per game season in their very first season, but it seems to me that I can only achieve that once in a red moon. 350 TPE Rookies are legit worth more than me in this.

I'm bad on a good team, I'm bad on a medium team, and I'm bad on a bad team despite having very very very very similar builds or team situations to other GM/AGM/Commish or other well known people in the website players who are all doing extremely good, well MOST of them at least. I'm seeing some of them complaining even though they are a point per game player. One thing that made me laugh is one of them having his team won like 8-1, he was happy that his team won, but was more worried about getting only one point in that game. After looking at his stats, the dude was averaging 2 points a game before that game.

A fun fact is, I had 2 players in the VHL so far. A very very small sample size, but I won't be surprised that it still keeps up. The only time I was a point per game player was when it was in my sophomore season around 400 TPE. Is it a sweet spot? I do not know, but maybe I should just retire after each sophomore season.

I told to myself, hey you won't be a top 10 player, probably not even a top 20 player because that in itself is a pipe dream for most of us common people in the website, but I thought being in the same kind of situation like a Dakota Lamb or Christian Mingle that had good early season in their career, but the difference is with my +350 TPE right now. It should make sense that I can put up more stats, but the STHS has other ideas

So yes newer members, don't waste your time on getting much TPE as possible. Don't expect a lot from your player each season and don't try to replicate other people builds that were good since it only works for them. Just have fun playing outside, it's been a year of covid. Just take 5min of your time to claim welfare and trivia/press conference because it won't make a difference if you work your ass off and it produces nothing in the end. 

Welp it was just supposed to be an article about my first 10 games, but it ended up as a media spot. Do not take it seriously. Ranting is fun and easy to get that 6 TPE lol.

I disagree with that last paragraph. It really doesn't take much work to cap out each week and take advantage of all the uncapped opportunities we get. I have had one player who had a very successful career statistically but it took  up until my last season to have my career points at a PPG. I never won any championships, lost in a few finals and took home zero awards but I enjoyed my time with my first player nonetheless and do not regret putting the time in to max out on TPE each week. 

Not every player is going to find success but at the end of the day this is just a game right? Staying positive and building good relationships with members on your team and throughout the league can make a sub par career enjoyable. 

Just my thoughts :)

7 minutes ago, Jtv123 said:

Again I'm just trying to get TPE. I can't do good graphics so doing rants are fairly easy.

If you take it personal, it's on you lol

Not personal at all :) Just anti ranting your rant? maybe? hahah

• Head Moderator

Idk my last player was a welfare child and didn't get pension until like his 7th season, even then, I think I did 3-4 point tasks my entire career and spent no more than 30 minutes to max out on capped TPE per week.  Managed to be the best 4th defenseman in the league while he was around.

3 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

I'm bad on a good team, I'm bad on a medium team, and I'm bad on a bad team despite having very very very very similar builds or team situations to other GM/AGM/Commish or other well known people in the website players who are all doing extremely good, well MOST of them at least.

Yup.  I have a 550 TPE player and he is just like this.

around 400 TPE. Is it a sweet spot?

Nope.  At least not for poor ol' Isau (my persona)

It should make sense that I can put up more stats, but the STHS has other ideas

Muahahaha !!!  Yup !  Just take a look at the Riga Reign.  Loaded with talent and a pissy record.  There are rumours that a hitman has been dispatched to do away with STHS.

Hit Man GIFs | Tenor