does anyone use conditioner bars

fishy

ok, here's the gig.

I try pretty hard to invest in products that aren't absolute shit for the planet when I can. That's not to say that I never use single-use plastics or that I am not a cog in the capitalist waste-producing machine. It's just to say that, when I have the option to choose from a small business instead of a chain or a sustainable product instead of one that isn't, I tend to opt for the small business or sustainable product. It's what makes me feel good even though I know that I, the individual, am neither singlehandedly responsible for the state of the problem nor the person who can fix it. The corporate "everybody has to do their part" bullshit has gotten to me, but that's okay. I like to feel like I'm making a difference.

In my adventures to strategically make things in my routine more environmentally friendly, I got shampoo and conditioner bars. The shampoo bar? fantastic. I love it. Absolutely rockin. You wanna know why? because shampoo lathers. You know what doesn't lather? conditioner.

That brings me to my point in writing this article. How in the WORLD am I supposed to use a conditioner bar if conditioner doesn't lather??? My hair isn't super long, just below my collarbones, but like, I am having to experiment every single time to find the best way to get the conditioner in my hair. Does anyone have any suggestions???????? I love the idea of using the conditioner bar but it pisses me off every single time I use it and then I write this article in my head and then before I know it, my shower is over and I've spent the whole time complaining to no one about my damn ass conditioner bar.

Finally, an actual good topic in the VHL.

Unfortunately I'm not an expert explicitly in shower related stuff as I go with getting the "50 in 1 shampoo, conditioner, Bluetooth enabled, etc." products, but I would say for soap bars in general when using them, I just rubbed them enough into my hands and then ran my hands through my hair. I'd be guessing it's easier with the shampoo bar to get it all over your hands, but maybe just rub it hard enough into your hands and try that?

I'm a bald bro so I don't use conditioner very frequently, but a friend of mine posted about this site recently  https://ecoroots.us/collections/bath-beauty

They never followed up if they liked it or not, but if you haven't tried them might be worth a shot.

Also

billy madison GIF

1 hour ago, Juice said:

I go with getting the "50 in 1 shampoo, conditioner, Bluetooth enabled, etc." products

ugh

1 hour ago, Juice said:

maybe just rub it hard enough into your hands and try that

thanks bud hadn't thought of that

fr tho i do that but it doesn't always work bc there are no bubbles. it's like trying to use a bar for lotion. there are no bubbles. just lotion. so i rub and rub and rub the conditioner bar to get just a TINY LITTLE BIT of conditioner and then get mad

1 hour ago, Garsh said:

yoooo this looks dope, i'll have to check this place out next time