Discussing new cities/countries for the VHLE

dlamb

The recent announcement of the VHL: Europe has got me excited for the concept of new (and old) cities getting official teams in the VHL universe. I am a sucker for history, but also I would like to see the best representation of Europe as a whole in the Victory Hockey League Cinematic Universe. 

Here is a chart of countries by registered hockey players:

9NDLnl4.png

Now, obviously, the VHL doesn't really need hockey players, nor population, leading to some "fun" cities getting teams (Davos), but I think it's still noteworthy. Looking at the chart, as it applies to the VHLE, France, Germany, Slovakia, Norway, and Hungary are the top 5 countries by registered skaters in Europe that do not have representation on this site. While I do think a one or two Swedish teams are going to make it into the new league, I would like to see at least half, or 3 teams, in countries that do not have a team currently. 

In my opinion, those should be: 

Germany 🇩🇪 (Cologne, Berlin, or Hamburg)

France 🇫🇷 (Nice, Marseilles, or Rouen)

and for a fun one, I'd like to see Hungary 🇭🇺 (Budapest being the only plausible option imo)

The other 3, I'd like to see as revived franchises from VHL past. Vasteras, Stockholm, and Bratislava. Obviously I didn't put a ton of thought into it, but nonetheless I am super excited to see what teams and cities make the cut. If my wishes were granted, we would add 4 new countries into the league, which I think should be the bare minimum for the VHLE, seeing that it is representing Europe solely. 

(270-ish words)

3 minutes ago, dlamb said:

The other 3, I'd like to see as revived franchises from VHL past. Vasteras, Stockholm, and Bratislava.

Missing the fact that your Cologne team would also be a revived franchise 🤔

1 minute ago, Enorama said:

Missing the fact that your Cologne team would also be a revived franchise 🤔

Double whammy, oh well. The whole point was saying pls dont add 2 Swedish,  2 Russian, and 1 Finnish team pls 

Edited by dlamb

1 minute ago, dlamb said:

Double whammy, oh well

I'm fairly certain the slam dunks are Vasteras, Stockholm, Cologne, and Bratislava, with the last two being fairly up in the air. Victor's article says as much and I think the public vote will go the same way.

Just now, Enorama said:

I'm fairly certain the slam dunks are Vasteras, Stockholm, Cologne, and Bratislava, with the last two being fairly up in the air. Victor's article says as much and I think the public vote will go the same way.

Yeah, I like the sound of that. Anti french-sentiment around here or what?!!? 🇫🇷