A Look at the VHLM's Hot Teams After 24 Games

Birdman

Welcome to the VHLM, a land of untapped potential and eager youth chomping at the bit to make an impact and move onto the VHL. It's obvious with this goal in mind that team success is front and center in these players minds. Good GMs look at good teams and good teams have good players. So let's take a look at the league's hottest teams:

In the lead overall and in the western conference, we have Halifax with a commanding lead with only 2 losses so far in the season. Looking at their roster, it is easy to see why. The 21st only have a single player on their roster with below 100 TPA. This squad's main puck burier is Baldur Poulsen who is on an astounding pace for over 2 points per game and is leading the league in points and goals so far. In net, their main man is Jonathan Bustard who has been stalwart so far with a solid 0.884 save percentage and 2.82 Goals Against Average which is outstanding considering that Halifax is scoring an Average of almost 5 goals per game. This team does not look like it is going anywhere so far and has high hopes for their season. The only question is if they can sustain this early success.

Next we have the Yukon Rush, our current western conference leader. This team is spearheaded by this years hot rookie; according to rjfryman's S79 draft rankings, Tyler Reinhart is this season's top draft pick and its easy to see why. In only 22 games, Reinhart is averaging over 2 points per game and is doing a solid job of staying on the ice consistently with only 14 penalty minutes so far which is often difficult for these young players. In net, S78's 4th overall pick in the VHLM draft and the number 2 prospect in the S79 rankings is Papa Emeritus. This tendie has been rock solid between the pipes for Yukon with a 0.886 save percentage and over thirteen hundred minutes played so far. Another notable prospect on this Yukon roster is Erlantz Jokinen. He is the second highest ranked defenseman of the class so far and although he has relatively low TPA for his position, he has averaged a full 12 capped TPE a week so far which will make him a steady consistent pick for the future.

Rounding out our top three we have the Minnesota Storm, a deadly team with a defense that isn't scared to bury the puck. The Storm have 3 defenseman with over 20 points and Jocke Jockesson, a young d-man that was drafted last season by the Los Angeles Stars, leads the team in assists and is 3rd in points, with 28 and 29 respectively. The main scoring threat for this team is Henri Le Massif whose averaging a little under a goal a game. Another note about this team: they are extremely deep. There are 5 players on this squad with double-digit goals which makes them a scary prospect on special teams. Finally, the Storm's netminder, Dexter Vaughn, is one of the top goalies in the league and it shows in his stat line. In 23 games, Dexter has a stunning 0.901 save percentage while averaging 30 saves a game while only allowing 2.75 goals against average.

Review: Good media spot Birdman, this was a great idea as simple as it seems. A fair enough look into each of the top teams in the M including top scorer, goalie, and even what draft their from or in. Good spacing and you don't get to number happy so it doesn't become just a stat dump. If ya wanna spice it up though I think incorporating some bold would look nice and including team logos or emblems or help to. overall though solid post 8/10

7 hours ago, ROOKIE745 said:

Review: Good media spot Birdman, this was a great idea as simple as it seems. A fair enough look into each of the top teams in the M including top scorer, goalie, and even what draft their from or in. Good spacing and you don't get to number happy so it doesn't become just a stat dump. If ya wanna spice it up though I think incorporating some bold would look nice and including team logos or emblems or help to. overall though solid post 8/10

I was up against the clock a little bit since I started on Sunday so I didn’t have time to really put any pizzazz into it but those are great ideas for when I continue this format. Next time I might do teams that are “on the bubble” or something like that. Thanks for the review!

6 hours ago, Birdman said:

I was up against the clock a little bit since I started on Sunday so I didn’t have time to really put any pizzazz into it but those are great ideas for when I continue this format. Next time I might do teams that are “on the bubble” or something like that. Thanks for the review!

Ah I've done that a lot, last minute posts so I understand. No problem though ^^

1 hour ago, ROOKIE745 said:

Ah I've done that a lot, last minute posts so I understand. No problem though ^^

But now we get a whole new week for plenty of pizzazz lol. Here's a little sneak peek of this weeks teams

image.thumb.png.a5221b7e5de0733c4d6a26013443f0e6.png