[S39] --- (S39) C - Mike McGrattan

Molholt

Wouldn't this be an offer sheet?

Nope, if a rookie isn't even thrown an offer before the end of the pre-season by the team who hold his right post-draft, he becomes a UFA. more onus on the GM and not the player here.

http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/7898-s38-discussion-thread/page-9#entry86726

Pretty sure he unofficially retired. Not that it matters, but I wouldn't sign him. 

Link doesn't work, he told me via IM that he probably won't return to the league though. But I don't think he actually retired or anything like that.

If so, why is that? Did anyone ask why he was leaving. I asked him several times if he needed help and it worked. He speaks German as his first language and maybe it was too much of a journey for him to overcome?

To be honest I kind of expected that from the moment he joined... He had multiple players in the SHL before and I think one here as well and always went inactive after being quite active for his first first season or so. I offered my help as well and tried to get him to at least stay active until the draft and then maybe get some new energy from being associated with a VHL-team, but he turned me down pretty quickly.

Yeah and I also don't really understand it either, he always is so active at first with the homepages for his players and all that stuff but then all of a sudden he loses interest within his first or second season and doesn't even want to be semi-active anymore. I have seen it like 4-5 times now in different leagues and have pretty much given up on him by now.

Link doesn't work, he told me via IM that he probably won't return to the league though. But I don't think he actually retired or anything like that.

It's a link to the Lynx LR, so that's why most people can't see it. He didn't actually retire as a favor to the team.

If so, why is that? Did anyone ask why he was leaving. I asked him several times if he needed help and it worked. He speaks German as his first language and maybe it was too much of a journey for him to overcome?

He said he enjoyed his time here and liked the community but IRL things popped up.

He had to bow out due to personal reasons. I am under the impression he was working with the German BND