Istanbul Red Wolves Press Conference

1- What's your preferred style of graphics? (Sigs, Milestones, Funny, Hockey Card etc...) - i don't think iv'e seen examples of any of these but at first blush, hockey cards sounds dope ass mug

2- What are you looking forward to for next season? for all i knew we were in season, so next season, i guess looking forward to winning? 

3- What should we look for in the draft? no idea. someone who complements what skills we're good at already. 

4- If you were a GM would you pick a High TPE Inactive or a Low TPE Active Player? Low TPE active since i would literally help that person earn better and more efficiently. 

5- Whats a PT that you always forget about, For me its Trivia or Game Reviews. i forget about them all but Janser reminds me and i do exactly what he says. exactly. 

6- What's your current favourite song? My Universe baby 

• 2 weeks later...

Wed Wolves Wess Wonfrence

Week Ending Apr.2 2023

1) Now that the draft is complete, How do you feel about our new additions

2) Are you excited for the new VHLE Season?

3) What would help the team?

4) How do you feel about our new amazing GM @Masu Chan?

5) Whats your favourite part of the VHL?

6) If you were a GM, what league would you choose? VHLM.E or L?

1. I might be a little biased but I'm pretty happy with them :)
2. I'm absolutely ready, cannot wait.
3. Perhaps a little more defensive depth, it does seem pretty shallow atm.
4. Dont think i can say much seeing as I wasn't here last year but I'm excited to be playing for them.
5. Making graphics
6. VHLM, just seems pretty chill there.

Red Wolves PC

Week Ending April 9th 2023

1) With the season about to start, what attribute are you finishing up on your player?

2) How do you feel about the trade giving us Legacy Gaming and MacDre?

3) If you had to change one thing about the VHL, what would it be?

4) What is the most underrated attribute?

5) What is the most overrated attribute?

6) Does pineapple belong on pizza?

• 2 weeks later...

Red Wolves PC

Week ending 4/16/2023

1) How do you feel about the season so far?

2) What player has been a surprise so far?

3) For your player, How has the season been?

4) Do you think we can make a playoff push this season?

5) What team will land Connor Bedard

6) What team would you like to see win a Stanley cup this season?

Red Wolves PC Ending April 23 2023

1) With us being on the edge of a playoff spot, What players need to step up for the team?

2) If you had to bring a former/new team into the VHL/M/E What would the name be?

3) Should the OLD Trivia Format be brought back or is the new(er) one still good.

4) Do you prefer to make Sigs, Milestone, Humor or another type of graphic?

5) Can Seattle Upset the Avs?

6) Will Toronto come back after the terrible game last night?

• 2 weeks later...

1) With us being on the edge of a playoff spot, What players need to step up for the team?

2) If you had to bring a former/new team into the VHL/M/E What would the name be?

3) Should the OLD Trivia Format be brought back or is the new(er) one still good.

4) Do you prefer to make Sigs, Milestone, Humor or another type of graphic?

5) Can Seattle Upset the Avs?

6) Will Toronto come back after the terrible game last night?

1) i'm not sure what happened but I hope Lattimer rose above and helped the team to unprecedented success and achieving a playoff berth

2) The PondScum

3) i have no idea what the old trivia was, was it cooler, easier, etc? no idea

4) I prefer none of the above and just do mostly whatever Janser tells me to

5) Well unfortunately they did upset the Avs bc I had a lot of money on the Avs

6) I think Toronto make a comeback vs. the Panthers now.

• 1 month later...

ISTANBUL RED WOLVES PRESS CONFERENCE

Feel free to answer every question, however

only 6 answers are needed to claim that sweet sweet TPE!!!

1. We just saw the VHLE draft happen, how do you think the Red Wolves made out compared to other teams?

2. Our roster is pretty much set for the coming season, how are you feeling about our chances heading into the first few games?

3. Is there anyone in particular on the team that you are looking forward to playing with/talking with?

4. What are your goals for your player in the VHLE (or VHLM for the Young Red Wolves)?

5. Are these goals similar to the ones you have for the VHL?

6. Did you or do you play any sports? Which ones?

7. We just saw 2 teams get crowned as champions in the NHL and NBA (both for the first time!) Did you expect Vegas and Denver to make these runs heading into the post-season?

8. Do you hate the Golden Knights as much as I do? (I can't stand almost any aspect about them).

Edited by RJMW

1. We just saw the VHLE draft happen, how do you think the Red Wolves made out compared to other teams?

i'm not sure, Ive been away for a few days and just took important calls from family so i haven't been keeping up 

2. Our roster is pretty much set for the coming season, how are you feeling about our chances heading into the first few games?

I like our roster, i haven't been comparing with other teams but i feel good right now :)

3. Is there anyone in particular on the team that you are looking forward to playing with/talking with?

I don't know why but i have some players that i have formed a competative rivalry in my head with, That i compare Yvel with and Laas is one of them. And it feels like he has outshined Tord every step of the way so to play on the same team and maybe even the same line is going to be very fun :) 

4. What are your goals for your player in the VHLE (or VHLM for the Young Red Wolves)?

Play-offs to start with. I hope my player will be a huge part of why we make it.

5. Are these goals similar to the ones you have for the VHL?

The same.

6. Did you or do you play any sports? Which ones?

Played soccer and hockey when i was young. Started to play beerleauge hockey but cuold not make it work time wise. 

7. We just saw 2 teams get crowned as champions in the NHL and NBA (both for the first time!) Did you expect Vegas and Denver to make these runs heading into the post-season?

I surely wasn't. I do not have a clue about basket so i won't comment on that but i do not like Vegas and i personally hoped for a first round exit. on the other hand i always had a soft spot for the panther (Lou connection i suppose) and really wanted them to win.

8. Do you hate the Golden Knights as much as I do? (I can't stand almost any aspect about them). 

sure do, Theese youngsters get in the NHL and thinking their hot stuff....

RED WOLVES PRESS CONFERENCE (WRITING THIS FROM MY PHONE EDITION)

1. The team is off to a hot start, however most of our wins are against one team, Vasteras. What do we need to do to compete with the top teams?

2. Ronald Johnson MacWallace III recently discussed his dislike for Vasteras in an interview, did this impact the teams mindset heading into the start of the season and your run of games vs Vasteras?

3. Tord Yvel is off to a very hot start and despite not being known for his offensive side, he's currently second in points in the league. Can he keep this pace up?

4. How beneficial do you feel it is for you to have consistent linemates? Do you mind having to play with different players or would you rather build chemistry with a couple of guys?

5. We just acquired Mikhail Lospenov from Stockholm, he's a veteran of the VHLE, and should add some size to the wing. What are your thoughts on the make up of the roster after this trade?

6. Do you believe that life exists outside our planet?

7. If you were given the chance to go to Mars and live there, setting up a new civilization, but you could never return home... Would you?

8. What's your favorite food to snack

on?

Edited by RJMW

1. The team is off to a hot start, however most of our wins are against one team, Vasteras. What do we need to do to compete with the top teams?

I  think we can compete with the other teams as is, so i think some minor tweaks to the lineup should do it :)

2. Ronald Johnson MacWallace III recently discussed his dislike for Vasteras in an interview, did this impact the teams mindset heading into the start of the season and your run of games vs Vasteras?

It sure got more interesting, And i heard rumblings about one of our goalies used to be on that team to so it kinda feels a bit like a rivalry.

3. Tord Yvel is off to a very hot start and despite not being known for his offensive side, he's currently second in points in the league. Can he keep this pace up?

Probably not :( Scoring points is fun and i'm starting to get a bit hooked but my with my build im going for more of a steady-eddy type of defender. 

4. How beneficial do you feel it is for you to have consistent linemates? Do you mind having to play with different players or would you rather build chemistry with a couple of guys?

I have nothing against either, I trust my coach to do what he think is best for the team.

5. We just acquired Mikhail Lospenov from Stockholm, he's a veteran of the VHLE, and should add some size to the wing. What are your thoughts on the make up of the roster after this trade?

I like our roster as it was and i think it got even stronger so no complaints here.

6. Do you believe that life exists outside our planet?

Yes, i dont know what kind of life but just seeing the enormous size of the universe there's gotta be at least some snails or something out there. 

RED WOLVES PRESS CONFERENCE :)

1. We are 10 and 3 in our last 13 games, (7-3 in last 10). What do you feel has changed since our inconsistent start to the season?

2. Lattimer is ripping it up right now, do you think he can carry this form to the end of the season? Will he finish as the leading scorer?

3. Do you feel that this season has been a success so far?

4. What is your definition of success (in life or in the VHL)

5. Are you in any other sim leagues?

6. Do you like swimming? What is your favorite place to swim? (Ocean, pool etc.)

7.What is your go to number when asked to pick between 1 and 10

8. What do you do that brings you joy?

RED WOLVES PRESS CONFERENCE :)

2. Lattimer is ripping it2 up right now, do you think he can carry this form to the end of the season? Will he finish as the leading scorer?

I think and hope so, He would deserve it and as you say he's really going.

I do, As long as we reach playoff i think it's a success. Then we'll take it from there :)

Nope.

6. Do you like swimming? What is your favorite place to swim? (Ocean, pool etc.)

Don't like to swim, i'm bad at it. i can but not well, But i love the ocean.

2 always. Got assigned #2 in my first hockey game when i was a kid, the coach just threw a random jersey and it happened to be 2 and since then it has been my lucky/favorite number.

Right now pretty much all my time goes to my kids and they make me pissed of to no end sometimes but they also brings me so much joy it's scary.

RED WOLVES PRESS CONFERENCE :)

1. We are 10 and 3 in our last 13 games, (7-3 in last 10). What do you feel has changed since our inconsistent start to the season?

i think Masu is doing really well with moves and lines. I think we’ve found a groove here.

2. Lattimer is ripping it up right now, do you think he can carry this form to the end of the season? Will he finish as the leading scorer?

I don’t care if he finishes below top 3 in scoring. This guy is doing more than enough for us and we owe it to him to give him wins

absolutely. It’s been very enjoyable so far.

4. What is your definition of success (in life or in the VHL)

doing what you love and getting something out of it

i was in the pbe (baseball), but the tpe system made it to tedious for me with the lack of time i have, so i stuck to vhl

i like swimming laps. I’m not crazy about just recreational wading or swimming. I’m pretty competitive, so swimming laps as fast as i can is what i enjoy 

baseball. Hands down.

RED WOLVES PRESS CONFERENCE!!

TOP OF THE LEAGUE EDITION

1. We are on an 8 game winstreak right now, can we keep this unbeaten run going?

2. The team is pretty comfortably at the top of the standings, what do we need to do to carry this form into the end of the season?

3. Evan Bihler has solidified himself as the best goalie in the league right now, and he just recorded two crucial shutouts in back to back games. How impressed have you been by his performance?

4. We just faced two of the top 4 teams in a row and won both of our games, now knowing that we are capable of getting points off everyone, does this add pressure and expectations to the end result of the season?

5. With the lowest goals against, the best defense and goalie in the league, what do the forwards have to do to ensure defense doesn't have to bail out the team in any future games?

6. Do you go grocery shopping often? Do you make a list or wing it?

7. Have you ever been skydiving? Would you ever try it?

8. Who is your favorite athlete of all time? Why?

1. We are on an 8 game winstreak right now, can we keep this unbeaten run going?

Absolutely! We’re confident in ourselves and i feel like we’re definitely in a nice groove right now.

2. The team is pretty comfortably at the top of the standings, what do we need to do to carry this form into the end of the season?

We can’t get complacent and coast. Play every game like we’re fighting for the last playoff spot.

3. Evan Bihler has solidified himself as the best goalie in the league right now, and he just recorded two crucial shutouts in back to back games. How impressed have you been by his performance?

I’ve been shocked. This is a career year for me and it’s not even close. I was expecting to be middle of the pack, but this is a very pleasant surprise.

4. We just faced two of the top 4 teams in a row and won both of our games, now knowing that we are capable of getting points off everyone, does this add pressure and expectations to the end result of the season?

i think whoever is the 1 seed will have pressure, no matter who it is. It’s tough to be first and back it up in the playoffs.

5. With the lowest goals against, the best defense and goalie in the league, what do the forwards have to do to ensure defense doesn't have to bail out the team in any future games?

They just need to keep putting shots up and we’ll be ok. 

fairly often, but not as much as i should. I wing it and usually just go to get meals.

no and no. If the plane is working, im gonna stay in it.

8. Who is your favorite athlete of all time? Why?

michael jordan. His work ethic and competitive fire is some of the most inspiring stuff I’ve seen from a human being

Hell yeah baby!

1. We are on an 8 game winstreak right now, can we keep this unbeaten run going?

Apparently not, But i think we have something special here and will keep our place at the top of the standings :)

Keep getting our TPE, don't get satisfied. if i have to say something a smidge more offence wouldn't hurt but i don't think it's a problem.

Very impressed, he carries us on his shoulders and that is no small task. 

I think we will go in to the playoffs as major favorites and if we get beat in the first round it would be extremely disappointing so i do think it adds some pressure. But at the end of the day its a game and we're here to have fun :)

I'm trying to get better at looking for offers and trying to buy a lot when it's cheap but most of the time i just wing it. 

The Sedins, Humble down to earth and they had something special that i don't ever will be replicated.

On 7/5/2023 at 1:16 PM, RJMW said:

RED WOLVES PRESS CONFERENCE!!

1. Well judging we unfortunately didnt keep it going haha

2. It's just continuously staying at a high level. We can take some losses to make sure we stay humbled, but so far It's just making sure we find what works and stick with it. 

3. I mean I didn't expect any crazy stats out of him at the beginning of the year, but he's earned my respect. I know the task it takes to be a great goalie and he's looking amazing! Glad he's tending my net and im able to defend him. 

4. I mean I definitely think so, now It's like If we don't win It's going to be a surprise. I believe were great on defense offense and have a great gk in net. 

5. I mean just scoring goals. I will say we don't always score a ton sometimes, but I feel the team does enough to score out there, as defenseman its our job to hold down our gk and protect him. 

6. To be fair I used to make a list, but as of late its been okay we know what we need lets do it! 

ISTANBUL RED WOLVES PRESS CONFERENCE!!

1. The team was on a 3 game losing streak and is in a pretty big slump, how will we snap out of it heading into the post season?

2. After a few losses to Cologne are you nervous at all to potentially match up against them later in the playoffs?

3. We've been seeing standout performances from several individuals all season, guys like Lattimer, Legacy, and Bihler having sensational seasons, what can we do as a team to continue enabling these guys but also ensure contribution from everyone else?

4. What is your favorite part about the game? Hits? Points? Winning?

5. Have you modeled your game after any other players? VHL, NHL or otherwise?

6. To build off last question, what is the end goal for the way you want to play on game days?

7. What is your favorite current TV Show or movie? Mine is The Bear 🐻... if you don't watch tv then your favorite book, streamer, news network 😆 ?

8. What makes you like that piece of media from the last question so much?

ISTANBUL RED WOLVES PRESS CONFERENCE!!

1. The team was on a 3 game losing streak and is in a pretty big slump, how will we snap out of it heading into the post season?

We got plenty of time. I’m honestly not too worried. I know Masu will figure out lines that will put us in position to win.

2. After a few losses to Cologne are you nervous at all to potentially match up against them later in the playoffs?

As a player on the Reapers team that came back from down 0-3 against Ottawa in the M, I fear no playoff team. We know who we are and we’ll pull it together when we need to.

3. We've been seeing standout performances from several individuals all season, guys like Lattimer, Legacy, and Bihler having sensational seasons, what can we do as a team to continue enabling these guys but also ensure contribution from everyone else?

Lattimer just needs to keep getting fed, and for me, as long as our defense stays strong, we’ll be good.

“Hello! You play to win the game” nuff said

5. Have you modeled your game after any other players? VHL, NHL or otherwise?

myself. I just started playing goalie irl a year and a half ago

6. To build off last question, what is the end goal for the way you want to play on game days?

i just don’t want to give up dumb goals

7. What is your favorite current TV Show or movie?

The last dance

Mine is The Bear 🐻... if you don't watch tv then your favorite book, streamer, news network 😆 ?

8. What makes you like that piece of media from the last question so much?

michael jordan is the goat, and I’m a sucker for stuff like that docuseries

1. The team was on a 3 game losing streak and is in a pretty big slump, how will we snap out of it heading into the post season?

The same way that kept us winning: Good teamplay and when that falls through Evans will 100% save us :)

Yeah they've been having it out for us for a while and i think theres better matchups for us. But to be the best you gotta beat the best so bring em on ;)

It's all teamwork. We gotta keep having fun as a group and the guys will top each individual category.

It used to be and still is hits/sb/assists as a two way defender with a strong outletpass, But i'm starting to get hooked on the more offensive side of things :')

7. What is your favorite current TV Show or movie? Mine is The Bear ... if you don't watch tv then your favorite book, streamer, news network  ?

We are currently catching up on the swedish version of Survivor and i get so invested it's scary. I love gossip and this is the show for me.

20 hours ago, Trazan said:

We are currently catching up on the swedish version of Survivor and i get so invested it's scary. I love gossip and this is the show for me.

Swedish Survivor sounds awesome!!

13 hours ago, RJMW said:

Swedish Survivor sounds awesome!!

It is! I've been afraid of the reality genre because i just love drama/gossip and i know i will be sucked right in 😅

Edited by Trazan

ISTANBUL RED WOLVES PRESS CONFERENCE, START OF PLAYOFFS EDITION!!!

1. We are looking to play our first playoff series nearing the end of this week. What are your expectations for the post-season?

2. Any teams you're nervous to match up against? Excited for any matchups?

3. Would you rather play Oslo or Rome out of the wildcard matchup?

4. Many of us are getting our pay days from the VHL, what do you plan on spending your money on, what have you spent it on?

5. Do you value playing for your country more than playing for your team? Why or why not?

6. Is a hotdog a sandwich? What should be considered a sandwich?

7. What physical thing scares you the most? i.e., clowns, spiders, not having a good VHLE sim, etc.

8. What fears have you outgrown?

Edited by RJMW

1. We are looking to play our first playoff series nearing the end of this week. What are your expectations for the post-season? Win the whole. Fucking. Thing.

2. Any teams you're nervous to match up against? Excited for any matchups? Not nervous about anyone, just hoping Lattimer and the team plays to its full potential so we can accomplish our hopes and dreams.

3. Would you rather play Oslo or Rome out of the wildcard matchup? Rome. No good hockey players play in Rome.

4. Many of us are getting our pay days from the VHL, what do you plan on spending your money on, what have you spent it on? No earthly idea, will rely on Janser and my GM to inform that, and hope that whatever it is, it contributes to winning!

5. Do you value playing for your country more than playing for your team? Why or why not? I don't even know what country I'm associated with so 1000% my team. 

6. Is a hotdog a sandwich? What should be considered a sandwich? Hotdog is not a sandwich in my opinion. Otherwise it would be called something different. Hotdog is a genre unto itself which is why there are so many variants of it...similar to sandwiches...

7. What physical thing scares you the most? i.e., clowns, spiders, not having a good VHLE sim, etc. Absolutely hate spiders and all creepy crawlers in general. Scared of heights. Hate snakes, have had rattlesnake scares.

8. What fears have you outgrown? Fear of poor sexual performance? haha