Istanbul Red Wolves Press Conference

Questions for the week!

1 - Up until today's sim, we were riding a 4 game losing streak. What would you do to address our inconsistency?

2 - I'm working from home this morning, and then likely having a tooth pulled at the dentist this afternoon. If you have a job, do you like it, or would you rather have a tooth pulled?

3 - Geneva has the league's top 3 scorers, but we have 3 different players who have each had a hatty this year. Would you rather be on a team with a dominant top line, or a team with scoring depth throughout the lineup?

4 - How's the weather where you are? It seems like Spring has finally sprung in my neck of the woods.

5 - Ed Nu has back to back shutouts, but Vasteras's Red Gaming has 6 on the season. How many shutouts do you think both goalies end the season with?

6 - Do you like smoothies? If so, what's your go-to mix? If not, tell me your favorite kind of ice cream.

On 5/12/2022 at 7:19 AM, der meister said:

Questions for the week!

1 - Up until today's sim, we were riding a 4 game losing streak. What would you do to address our inconsistency?

2 - I'm working from home this morning, and then likely having a tooth pulled at the dentist this afternoon. If you have a job, do you like it, or would you rather have a tooth pulled?

3 - Geneva has the league's top 3 scorers, but we have 3 different players who have each had a hatty this year. Would you rather be on a team with a dominant top line, or a team with scoring depth throughout the lineup?

4 - How's the weather where you are? It seems like Spring has finally sprung in my neck of the woods.

5 - Ed Nu has back to back shutouts, but Vasteras's Red Gaming has 6 on the season. How many shutouts do you think both goalies end the season with?

6 - Do you like smoothies? If so, what's your go-to mix? If not, tell me your favorite kind of ice cream.

1. I think as a team we are doing great, line 2 really has stepped it up the last few sims. I think the thing holding us back is my player doing absolutely nothing as of late. Hopefully that changes with the full build this week. 

2. Love it. Although it can get a bit repetitive at times, but I wouldn't change it for the world. The way I am, autonomy is valued above everything for myself.

3. I think scoring depth comes in handy when it is needed most in the playoffs. Hopefully our top line can gel more to get back to the pace we were at to start the season!

4. People call it Mayvember in Vancouver where I am because it rains so much during this month. April was beautiful, but the last 2 weeks have been pretty wet. We tend to get a false spring in April, then skip right into Summer in June.

5. I think Red ends with 10 and Ed ends with 5.

6. I have a smoothie most mornings.

1/2 cup grounded up steel cut oats + 1/3 cup greek yogurt + blueberries / banana / strawberries / raspberries + flaxseeds + hemp seeds + chia seeds + 1 scoop whey isolate protein powder + 1 cup milk is usually my go-to

The change in lineup should have a positive effect, but, really we have to focus on defense and take advantage of the offensive chances when they come.

Ahh, is there a third choice?

In my opinion, it is depth that will win you more games in the long run.

Although it is only mid-May, we have had a 30 degree C heat wave.  Things started getting back to normal today.

Nu = 4

Gaming = 7

I am not fond of smoothies, but some rum/raisin ice cream always goes well.

On 5/12/2022 at 10:19 AM, der meister said:

Questions for the week!

1. Our team is still really good, but maybe we just haven't found the perfect line combinations.

2. I don't have a full time job right now and I just doordash to make some money, so I would rather do that than the latter. 

3. If a team focuses very defensively on a team with a very heavy top line, the lack of depth scoring would lead to their demise, so I would much rather have the latter. 

4. The weather is okay where I am, I'm not a huge fan of hot weather but it's not horrible. 

5. I think we should have like 12 shutouts by the end of the season.

6. I don't really like smoothies. My favorite type of ice cream right now is Ben and Jerry's Gimme S'more

hOXLAcC.png.a575ccb0ec4f8a8458b149cceea2c17e.png

PRESS CONFERENCE - Week of May 22th, 2022
(Just answer at least 6 of the questions for 2 TPE)

1). It's suddenly a free for all in our conference for both the lead and a playoff position. Do you think the Red Wolves end up on top?

2). What is something you are really looking forward to? (either VHL related or real life related!)

3). What is your favorite thing about Hockey?

4). Are you an expensive house / cheap car typo of person, or a cheap house / expensive car person?

5). Last chance for some predictions, who ends the season with the most points on the Red Wolves?

6). What is your predicted number of hits @jaredc7 has at the end of the season? (I'm thinking 329)

7). Team practice has been cancelled, and instead, we will all go help out at a charity of your choosing! Which charity would you like to see the Red Wolves help at?

8). Which brand of hockey equipment do you like to use?

9). Hypothetical: Aliens exist! You've been selected (honestly baffled at that but you have lol) to be the first to interact with the aliens. However, in order to avoid a catastrophe in saying something wrong or displaying a body gesture that would be taken the wrong way thus dooming the planet to an alien invasion, you have been tasked to stand in front of them and play 1 song. Which song do you play for the aliens to show them what is unique about our planet and humanity?

1 - I don't. Vasteras has too big of a lead.

3 - the first thing I fell in love with as a kid was the sound of a crisp pass hitting the tape. That snap of rubber on wood over the radio had me hooked.

4 - neither. I'm cheap cheap.

7 - I want to see a 24 hour twitch stream of RW players raising money for The Trevor Project.

8 - Whatever I can find that's cheap cheap ;)

9 - this is tricky, but ultimately I think the best thing about humanity is the ability to feel compassion, so I'd pick a Chopin Nocturne. Not sure which one though.

New Questions!

1 - how do you feel about the theme week topic? Personally, I think it's good to acknowledge kindness in the league.

2 - after a massive winning streak, we're back on a losing skid. Is it because of quality of opponents, or did we peak too soon?

3 - are you heading to the VHL next season? Either way, what do you expect your player's role to be next year?

4 - what's one change you'd make to the VHL if you could? Or is it perfect as is?

5 - let's talk about the future: do you have an idea of what your NEXT player is going to be?

6 - I've been studying German off and on for years. What languages do you speak?

3 hours ago, der meister said:

New Questions!

1 - how do you feel about the theme week topic? Personally, I think it's good to acknowledge kindness in the league.

2 - after a massive winning streak, we're back on a losing skid. Is it because of quality of opponents, or did we peak too soon?

3 - are you heading to the VHL next season? Either way, what do you expect your player's role to be next year?

4 - what's one change you'd make to the VHL if you could? Or is it perfect as is?

5 - let's talk about the future: do you have an idea of what your NEXT player is going to be?

6 - I've been studying German off and on for years. What languages do you speak?

1. I feel that it's good to recognize the hard work that people put into this stuff. As a player, I have the advantage of just sitting on my ass doing nothing while all the GMs and site managers do all the work for me. 

2. I don't really believe in "peaking too soon". I think perhaps other teams have figured out effective ways of playing against us and we need to get more aggressive.  

3. I doubt it. I would really need to put in the work in the offseason to get to the VHL. Plus, I don't fully know if getting to 400 in the offseason means I get to go up to the VHL or not. 

4. I think the one thing people want the most is to have the sims be automatically done by a bot, but that would obviously take a lot of work. 

5. I have plenty of ideas. During quarantine, all I did was make custom hockey players in NHL 09 for the PC.

6. I've also studied German! That's really the only other language I know.

1 - How do you feel about the theme week topic? Personally, I think it's good to acknowledge kindness in the league.

I think it is important to recognize the positive in things, so, ya, good choice.

2 - After a massive winning streak, we're back on a losing skid. Is it because of quality of opponents, or did we peak too soon?

It is more likely that our opponents picked up the pace somewhat.  We gotta get more aggressive on the puck.

3 - Are you heading to the VHL next season? Either way, what do you expect your player's role to be next year?

Much the same as it is this year with a bit more ice time.

4 - What's one change you'd make to the VHL if you could? Or is it perfect as is?

I like it the way it is.  Maybe a bit more TPE thrown about.  That would be nice.

5 - Let's talk about the future: do you have an idea of what your NEXT player is going to be?

Noodles has yet to be drafted, anywhere.  So I really haven't thunk that far ahead.

Tbh...none very well.

On 5/23/2022 at 7:35 AM, der meister said:

New Questions!

1. It was fun to write, and think back on the extra memorable moments of my time in the league thus far!

2. Simon giveth and Simon taketh. I think we're in the right place for the playoffs. This is going to be an very hard series against Vasteras, but I'm hopeful!

3. I'll be on Moscow's 2nd line. Excited to make the jump! Hopefully my line can carry my low TPE player (for the time being). Going to do my best to just be an all-around player to start.

4. For my player to actually perform to his TPE level 😂

5. Next player will either be a Defenseman (that icetime) or Center!

6. English and a small amount of Italian (enough to understand what's being talked about but not enough to talk fluently in)

• 4 weeks later...

1. How excited are you for this upcoming season?

2. What are some goals you would like to achieve this season?

3. After 3 games of the Stanley Cup finals, who do you think will end up winning?

4. If drafted, how do you feel about your draft position? (Too early, late, or where you expected)

5. What is your favorite genre of music?

6. Who were you drafted by in the VHL?

7. Where do you expect us to finish in the standings this season?

8. Who do you think you will have the best chemistry with this season?

9. If you're of age, what is your favorite liquor? If not of age what is your favorite pop/soda?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 11:42 AM, Spaz said:

3. After 3 games of the Stanley Cup finals, who do you think will end up winning?

4. If drafted, how do you feel about your draft position? (Too early, late, or where you expected)

8. Who do you think you will have the best chemistry with this season?

9. If you're of age, what is your favorite liquor? If not of age what is your favorite pop/soda?

1. So excited I can barely hold it in. I can already see the Red Wolf being engraved onto the Renaissance Cup

2. Lead the league in goals, hits, and shots. And win the cup.

3. I thought Tampa would win tbh, I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome

4. I'm satisfied, the lower TPE guys in front of me were a more wanted position

5. 90s Grunge and alternative, with rap as a close second

6. Los Titanos de Helsingfors!

7. At the very top looking down

8. I've played with Eynhallow for a long time, so I can imagine our new players will mesh

9. I don't drink soda, but Shirley Temples are pretty dope

I am reasonably excited as I expect that Noodles will have a better season than last.

I would like to see the Red Wolves make a deep playoff run.

Noodles was drafted about where I expected.  I did not see the subsequent trade coming though.

Rock.....very loud rock.

Davos.  Noodles was a Dynamo for about 15 hours before being traded to Malmo.

Top two.

Lemon Hart rum.  Which is not sold in Ontario....all the other provinces, but not Ontario....go figure.

• 2 weeks later...

PRESS CONFERENCE - Week of July 8th, 2022

1). We are sitting on top of the standings in the VHLE. Do you think we can hold on and continue leading the standings?

2). Who on our team right now would you say has the best chances of being our team MVP?

3). How is your player doing right now?

4). Dog person or cat person? Or do you have a different favorite pet?

5). Are you watching the NHL draft? If so, how is your team doing?

6). How many points do you think the Red Wolves will finish with at the end of the season?

7). The team cooks are hosting a big potluck dinner for the team after practice today. Each player is supposed to bring their favorite dish. What are you bringing to the dinner?

8). Are you a morning person or an evening person?

9). Hypothetical: You're on the final ballot for voting in the next President of the United States! You're doing well in the polls and it's looking good for you. However, you still need a running mate to serve as your Vice President. Who in the VHL community would you pick to serve as your Vice President? (Tag them here if you'd like!)

On 7/8/2022 at 11:22 AM, KaleebtheMighty said:

PRESS CONFERENCE - Week of July 8th, 2022

1). We are sitting on top of the standings in the VHLE. Do you think we can hold on and continue leading the standings?

2). Who on our team right now would you say has the best chances of being our team MVP?

4). Dog person or cat person? Or do you have a different favorite pet?

5). Are you watching the NHL draft? If so, how is your team doing?

6). How many points do you think the Red Wolves will finish with at the end of the season?

7). The team cooks are hosting a big potluck dinner for the team after practice today. Each player is supposed to bring their favorite dish. What are you bringing to the dinner?

8). Are you a morning person or an evening person?

9). Hypothetical: You're on the final ballot for voting in the next President of the United States! You're doing well in the polls and it's looking good for you. However, you still need a running mate to serve as your Vice President. Who in the VHL community would you pick to serve as your Vice President? (Tag them here if you'd like!)

1. No other team can compare to our depth and star power. 

2. Busser is lighting it up right now, so probably him

3. Not too bad, just came off of a six-point sim, so satisfied for now

4. Dog person, specifically golden retreiver person.

5. Hell yes, the Habs knocked it out of the park, Chadkovsky to the moon!

6. A significant amount, perhaps over 120

7. You already know I'm pulling up with a bunch of Booster Juice

8. Morning person 100%, even when I sleep in I like to get to bed early. 

9. @Dil so I could make him do the things I don't want to do 

I can't see why not.  Of course the vagaries of the sim engine has a lot to do with it.

I like AK92 for this.  Good offense and defense. @hedgehog337

Pretty average, but seems to be a contributor.

4). Are you watching the NHL draft? If so, how is your team doing?

I guess Toronto is doing as well as they could.  Even so, their draft is pretty thin.

5). How many points do you think the Red Wolves will finish with at the end of the season?

We should end up with between 90 - 100 points if we can keep up the current pace.

6). Are you a morning person or an evening person?

Definitely morning.  That is when I get the most accomplished.

Edited by Eynhallow

1. How are you feeling about your player so far this season?

2. Are you having fun this season?

3. We lead the league in a tight race, what do we have to do to keep on top?

4. Who would you say your biggest rival has been this season so far?

5. Tyler Busser is only 3 points from leading the league, do you have any motivation for him to achieve that?

6. What is your favorite flavor of Ice cream?

7. What has been the most surprising trade in the NHL offseason 

8. Who do you think was the biggest draft steal of the NHL draft?

9. What is the most surprising signing you have seen so far during free agency this NHL offseason 

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

5. Tyler Busser is only 3 points from leading the league, do you have any motivation for him to achieve that?

9. What is the most surprising signing you have seen so far during free agency this NHL offseason 

1. Good but I want even more, I know my build still hasn't shined to it's fullest but the time is coming..

2. Depends. I'm having fun with stats but haven't felt really involved in anything for a while, even as a manager.. And stats can only go so far. I'm trying but I'm also getting up there in age

3. Play the better players and give chances later on, full speed ahead!

4. Myself

5. Haha I just gotta keep my eyes in the prize, if it ain't me than hopefully one of my teammates can doer

6. Strawberry, expensive stuff

7. The Matt Murray trade was weird to me

8. Didn't watch it

9. Gaudreau today was pretty nuts, don't think anything will top that tbh

On 7/13/2022 at 10:43 PM, Spaz said:

1. Not too bad, he started off slow but has really picked it up recently.

2. Hell yeah, love Istanbul

3. Just keep winning, don't give Bratislava the satisfaction of getting in our heads

4. The Watchmen in general, don't like those punks (dammit they got in my head)

5. I have no doubt that lead will belong to him sooner or later

6. Butterscotch, nothing can compare

7. Gotta be the Kirby Dach carousel, might work wonders for Les Habitants

8. Seamus Casey falling to the end of the second round was a super steal for the Devils

9. Erik Gudbranson getting 4 million dollars of AAV. Like cmon.

1. How are you feeling about your player so far this season?

he's aight, prolly couldve done better

kinda? depends on how is Riga performing

score goals

tbh I dont care enough to have a rival for now

5. Tyler Busser is only 3 points from leading the league, do you have any motivation for him to achieve that?

he's probably already having enough motivation to grind for that

oreo cookie ice cream

Better than last season.  Noodles seems to be starting to play a lot better

Oh ya !!!  For essentially the same reason as above.

Remain consistent in scoring and defending,  Be willing to do the difficult stuff.

I personally haven't given that much thought.

Keep up the effort and I am sure that Tyler can grind it out.

Rum and Raisin

1. What is your dream career? Have you achieved it yet?

2. They have a resident evil show on Netflix now, have you watched it or are you in anyway interested?

3. The trade deadline is coming up, how do you like our chances, is there something you would like to see moving forward?

5. How are you feeling about theme week this season?

6. I know it's crazy for me, but I would like to know how crazy it is to you guys that the VHL has been around for 15 season?

7. Who would you say has been someone you look up to on this site?

8. Unfortunately I can't do anything, but I'm interesting in what you would like the VHL, implement or add to make the forum or even sims better for you, realistic or not?

9. Who would you say has surprised you the most this season?

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

1. What is your dream career? Have you achieved it yet?

2. They have a resident evil show on Netflix now, have you watched it or are you in anyway interested?

3. The trade deadline is coming up, how do you like our chances, is there something you would like to see moving forward?

5. How are you feeling about theme week this season?

6. I know it's crazy for me, but I would like to know how crazy it is to you guys that the VHL has been around for 15 season?

7. Who would you say has been someone you look up to on this site?

8. Unfortunately I can't do anything, but I'm interesting in what you would like the VHL, implement or add to make the forum or even sims better for you, realistic or not?

9. Who would you say has surprised you the most this season?

1. My last player, I didn't win any awards and didn't win a Cup. So I guess my ideal career is achieving some or both of those things.

2. Eh, I have other shows I'd rather watch, namely Breaking Bad.

3. I think our team is pretty good regardless, not really in need of a huge deadline trade.

5. It's weird, super vague. I'm not sure what to do, I've seen a few different things

6. Wild. Considering the quality of the internet back then, I think we live in a privileged age.

7. Papa Sparty in Moscow, although Kaleeb is definitely up there (you too Spaz)

8. I guess jersey numbers and sigs on player pages.

9. Busser has been tearing it up, him no doubt