Royals Press Conference (Junior Showcase Tournament)

Moon

1. What are your thoughts on this tournament?

2. What are your expectations for the team in this tournament?

3. Are you happy with the team so far?

4. Is the pressure of GM’s and AGM’s scouting going to affect your play at all?

5. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?

6. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?

1. My honest opinion on this tournament is that it is a great way for me and my fellow new players to be notice and show what We have and for some of us to prove people wrong. It’s also a great place to find and meet all kinds of new teams mates and people to talk to

2. my expections for my team is just like any team I’m on and that’s to win like what can I say these royals are built like a tank

3.  I am extremely happy with the team that @Moon_50 and @youloser1337 have put together they put together a very good team who has a very good chance of winning the tournament 

4.  There is always pressure when any of us play but the key is to not let it to affect you and to be honest I play a lot better u see pressure and under the big lights

5. You know this answer for this question might get a lot of hate but I’m going to have to follow one of the greats in Phil the thrill and my answer is hot dogs I could eat hotdogs the rest of my life

6.  If I could travel anywhere in the world that’s a tough one because I haven’t been to many places there’s a lot of places I would Ike to visit but if I had to choose one it defiantly would be New Zealand it just such a amazing place and I’m a huge rugby fan and one of the biggest things I have on my bucket list is to watch the all blacks play a game

1.  Im exited to learn now the league works and meet other players 

2. Who isnt here to win, our team is stacked for the tourney 

3. The GMs on this team are stellar

4. I play to win and get better, If that happens in a  crowd of thousands or a local rink of 15; it doesnt matter 

5. Probably those pizza buffets the teams stop at after a big dub

6. In 2014 it was Russia. 2018 was Korea. 2022 is China. I follow olympic hockey where ever it goes 

Press Conference Week 2

1. With games starting tomorrow what are you doing to prepare?

2. What type of player do you want to be?

3. Is this your first tournament you’ve been in?

4. What are your thoughts on James G Dropper getting selected to be the captain?

5. Who is your favourite player in the NHL? If you watch it.

6. What is better Waffles or pancakes?

Edited by Moon_50

1. I’m preparing the only way I know how eating shredder wheats and playing nhl

2. a loyal player I’m a kind of player that puts team first

3.this is the first tournament I’ve been in

if the vhlm playoffs don’t count 

4. it’s been a honour being selected as captain I want to work my hardest for this team and not let anyone down

5.my favorite player in the nhl is cam atikinson I have been a big fan of cam for many years now

6. defiantly waffles because of one thing chicken and waffles duh

1. With games starting tomorrow what are you doing to prepare?

Earning TPE and spending it.

2. What type of player do you want to be?

A defensive defenseman. I am planning on adding some TPE into checking at some point.

3. Is this your first tournament you’ve been in?

No, I've been in many with my past player. Only won the ProAm one though as far as I can remember. No such luck with WC and WJC.

4. What are your thoughts on James G Dropper getting selected to be the captain?

Don't know who he is to be honest, but congrats to him.

5. Who is your favourite player in the NHL? If you watch it.

Pretty generic answer, but Connor McDavid makes any game fun to watch.

6. What is better Waffles or pancakes?

Waffles, pancakes are honestly kind of gross.

Press Conference Week 3

9/13 - 9/19

Answer 6 questions to claim 2 TPE

1. With the team being in 2nd place what do we need to do to push for that top spot?

2. What do you think the Pros and Cons are about your play style?

3. Is there anything you would do differently if you were running this tournament?

4. Are you doing better or worse than expected?

5. What is your Favourite Hobby?

6. What is the most catchy song?

20 hours ago, Moon_50 said:

1. With the team being in 2nd place what do we need to do to push for that top spot?

Earn more of that sweet, sweet TPE and spend it like you are Dan Bilzerian 

2. What do you think the Pros and Cons are about your play style?

Scoring and Skating are a strong pro, but the con? Well, let's just say: the ice is only 100 feet because there is 0 defensive effort out there. Like we are wheelin and dealin but only in the Ozone

3. Is there anything you would do differently if you were running this tournament?

Have Mikhail Lospenov play more than 5:50 a game... I mean there are 4th line minutes and then there are pigeon minutes that get counted for skating in warmies

4. Are you doing better or worse than expected?

Kinda worse. Was looking for lampys but I'm seeing a lot of 0

5. What is your Favourite Hobby?

Partaking in over-priced adult beverages whist screaming obscenities at the tv while watching soccer

6. What is the most catchy song?

The legendary banger that is: BOVEN OP DE BERG. You'll thank me later

Edited by Gretzky didnt lift da puck

1. With the team being in second we need to be on the body do a few head shots and put the puck in the net there should be no giving up we need to win

2. the pros is my guy is a solid playmaker and goal scoring the cons is my skating and defense are low

3. no I wouldn’t change a thing cow and z are doing a great job and so are all the gms 

4. I’m doing better than I expected I was raised to have low expectations so u can always exceed them

5. my favorite hobby is defiantly farming I was born a raised farming and it’s in my blood

6. easy international harvester- Craig Morgan 

• 8 months later...

JST S83 Royals Press Conference Week 1

Answer 6 Questions to claim 2 TPE!

1: What are your expectations/hopes for the JST Tournament?

2: Are there any specific players you're looking forward to playing with or against in the JST?

3: What is your favorite food and why?

4: Is the pressure of other GMs and AGMs going to potentially effect your player and the way they play? Why or why not?

5: Is there a team you would like to play for in the VHLM? What team is it and why do you want to play for them?

6: What is your favorite NHL team and why?

7: Where do you think the Royals are going to finish in the standings at the end of the JST Regular Season?

8: What type of player build are you going for? 

Edited by badcolethetitan

4 hours ago, badcolethetitan said:

2: Are there any specific players you're looking forward to playing with or against in the JST?

4: Is the pressure of other GMs and AGMs going to potentially effect your player and the way they play? Why or why not?

5: Is there a team you would like to play for in the VHLM? What team is it and why do you want to play for them?

7: Where do you think the Royals are going to finish in the standings at the end of the JST Regular Season?

1. Being a rookie in the VHL in general no huge expectations from me but a lot of pressure being the #1 overall selected.

2. Will be interesting to play against Otis since him and I came in roughly the same time both were on Houston then both traded to Halifax at the same time so will be fun seeing if he can take a hit from me or if he can get past me to light the lamp. 

3. Favorite food is pasta just because the possibilities are endless.  
4. No extra pressure in this tournament that any other M game since every game is an audition for the next level. 
6. Favorite NHL team is the Devils just loved them as a kid and lucky enough to have seen them raise 3 Cups even though hard to admit being a fan of them now.   Brodeur to me will always be the GOAT even though others may say Roy.

8. Goes hand and hand with #6 trying to build a Scott Stevens/Ken Daneko Mix both had 20 + season careers both HARD HITTING and both the main reason the NHL got rid of the two line pass rule because they were hard to get past in the middle of the ice. 

5 hours ago, badcolethetitan said:

1) I feel like this tournament is going to be a great way to showcase talent, especially being one of the new guys in the league. I also think this could be a great way to build chemistry with potential future teammates.

2) Currently no, but I feel like with building chemistry with the team around me I think that I would have a blast playing around those players.

3) Chicken. Being on a diet means you have to watch what you eat and you gotta stay in shape. Plus it goes with anything.

4) No I don’t think it will be a huge burden. I will say that if I don’t make any mistakes on or off the ice, then I will have a great connection with the GMs and AGMs.

5) I don’t have a preference on which team I play for. I feel like I could be a threat on the blue line with some development. While I like the idea of being on a team with cup contenders, I feel like I can lead a franchise out of a rebuild.

6) Columbus. We don’t have an NHL team here in Indiana, so it’s one of the close options. I’ve also been to a couple games at Nationwide and it’s safe to say those fans love the Jackets.

7) I think our team is going to be good. Even though our team is potentially going to be the youngest and newest players to the VHL Forum, I think we can be a threat while having fun at the same time.

8: With my player build, I plan on creating a Two-Way Defenseman. One who can be a threat on the blue line, and one who can protect the house and protect my teammates. Once I earn some TPE, I’ll most likely put some towards checking and my slapshot.

11 hours ago, badcolethetitan said:

1. I expect too play well and hopefully win the tourny 

2. none in specific I’ll just be excited too work with the team I get drafted to  and the players that are with me! 
3. pizza because it’s easy and tastes amazing 

4. it won’t my player doesn’t get affected by pressure

5. I would like too go back to Miami

6. Toronto maple leafs no reason why just always have been

7. number 1 we will win

8. I’m going for a sniper! 

JST S83 Royals Press Conference Week 2

1: How are you liking/disliking the JST experience so far? 

2: The Royals have started out 4-2-1 in the JST, is that what you expected? Why or why not?

3: Has your player in the JST been playing above, below, or right where your expectations? Why do you think this is?

4: Who do you think is going to win the VHLM Finals, LVA or SDM and why?

5: If you could take a vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

6: What type of music do you like to listen to? What type of music do you dislike? Why do you like/dislike these type of music?

7: Have you been watching the NHL Conference Finals? If so, which one has been more entertaining and why?

8: What team would you like to play for in VHLM this upcoming season, since most, if not all of you are eligible for the draft? Why would you like to play for this specific team?

59 minutes ago, badcolethetitan said:

2: The Royals have started out 4-2-1 in the JST, is that what you expected? Why or why not?

3: Has your player in the JST been playing above, below, or right where your expectations? Why do you think this is?

5: If you could take a vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?

6: What type of music do you like to listen to? What type of music do you dislike? Why do you like/dislike these type of music?

7: Have you been watching the NHL Conference Finals? If so, which one has been more entertaining and why?

8: What team would you like to play for in VHLM this upcoming season, since most, if not all of you are eligible for the draft? Why would you like to play for this specific team?

1. I'm really disappointed that Team Clue is no in the participating this season. 

2. it is I think with team clue not being in this tourney its any team can win. 

3. Right were my expectations are I'm playing so great in this tourney that I don't even see my players on the ice I'm just too fast. 

4. San Diego, They have a stack team nothing else to say. 

5. Hawaii their is not a better place in the world and you cant change my mind. 

6. I like all type of music but not too much of the same type in a short time. 

1 hour ago, badcolethetitan said:

1. Liking it a lot it’s a lot of fun and good way too meet people in the community.

2. I was expecting to do well and I think that’s pretty good so yeah I was expecting it.

3. My player definitely hasn’t been playing as good I expected him too.

4. SDM cause my friends on the team lol.

5.Italy because it’s very beautiful there.

6. I like all music mostly country, rap and folk.

7. I haven’t been watching it!.

8. Id like to go back to Miami probably.

• 2 months later...

ROYALS PRESS CONFERENCE (8/10)

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, answer all 6 for 2 TPE!

1) Welcome to the Royals JST team! We were very excited to select you in the draft. What are your expectations going into this tournament?

2) For the experienced players, how will you use this tournament opportunity to build your player? For the newer players, how are you going to build your player and interact with the forum?

3) What do you think of the team? How do you think we'll do?

4) What is your favorite hobby?

5) Where are you from?

6) If you could eat one food everyday for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

1. Yea I think the team will do amazing and I hope when I start or if Swayman starts I hope we can help the team build confindence.

2. I am a newer player so this tournement will totaly help to know what level I should play. Also this will really help me to get me warmed up alot if I syart so this is big for me.

3. I love the sqaud. It feels like we are one big family that we can all be friends. I think of what we are doing right now I think we can to pretty good.

4. My favorite hobby is playing hockey and video games

5. I am from Vancouver

6. Pizza or Donuts.

ROYALS PRESS CONFERENCE (8/15)

1) We're currently sitting in 2nd place out of 6 teams in the tournament (5-3-1). Do you think we improve or worsen? 

2) Has your player been playing to their expectations? If no, what will you do this week to improve your player?

3) We are slowly but surely adding people to our locker room. How does the amount of people change the vibe in the locker room?

4) As we get closer to the end of the tournament, are you worried about the GMs and AGMs of the VHLM scouting your player?

5) What team would you most like to join/be drafted to in the VHLM?

6) When you were younger, what was your dream job? How has that changed?

1) We're currently sitting in 2nd place out of 6 teams in the tournament (5-3-1). Do you think we improve or worsen? 

We get to the playoffs and nobody cares about our seed anyway. As a team, I think we improve and play our best hockey then.

2) Has your player been playing to their expectations? If no, what will you do this week to improve your player?

I'm happy with Joyo, I'd like for him to be more of a passer but it's also hard to argue about him having success as a goal-scorer. I like that he is consistently good at +/-, which I think reflects him being well-rounded. 

3) We are slowly but surely adding people to our locker room. How does the amount of people change the vibe in the locker room?

I like recurrent active users, but I also prefer a smaller team environment personally. I feel like it's easier to know your teammates then. That being said, if they're on our team I hope they join us in the locker room too

4) As we get closer to the end of the tournament, are you worried about the GMs and AGMs of the VHLM scouting your player?

Nope, excited! This is the furthest I've gotten with a player in the VLH before and it's been cool to see my guy mentioned in mock drafts and prospect rankings. 

I loved my experience with Halifax and would be happy to go back, but Sunglasses Joyo is ready for any experience ahead of him

6) When you were younger, what was your dream job? How has that changed?

Probably a sports commentator, and I think it changed from me placing less meaning on sports. I still enjoy watching and playing games, but I also found a career that felt like I was doing something better/more needed.

• 2 months later...

ROYALS PRESS CONFERENCE (11/2)

1) We are currently in the playoffs and are down 1 game to the Steel. What do you think we need to do differently to come back?  

3) What has been your favorite part of playing in the Junior Showcase Tournament? 

4) What do you think has been your biggest success of the tournament? 

6) How has the vibe been in the locker room? What can we do to make it more exciting for you? 

On 11/2/2022 at 1:59 PM, RElblein said:

ROYALS PRESS CONFERENCE (11/2)

1) We are currently in the playoffs and are down 1 game to the Steel. What do you think we need to do differently to come back?  

3) What has been your favorite part of playing in the Junior Showcase Tournament? 

4) What do you think has been your biggest success of the tournament? 

6) How has the vibe been in the locker room? What can we do to make it more exciting for you? 

1. we have to score more and get scored on less
2. i think my player has been good, i dont really know to be honest.
3. i know it hasn't been piffer telling me everytime they've eaten my team.
4. being able to play at all is fun.
5. well, too late. im fine being with the Aces, wanted to go back to the reapers a bit though.
6. i havent been in the locker room too much. i dont really like discord.