Royals Press Conference (Junior Showcase Tournament)

Moon

ROYALS PRESS CONFERENCE (5/26)

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, answer all 6 for 2 TPE!

1) We're currently sitting in 2nd place out of 5 teams in the tournament (6-4-2). Where do you think we'll end up?

2) Has your player been playing to their expectations? If no, what will you do this week to improve your player?

3) We have added a player on waiver claims, how does adding new players to the locker room affect the vibe?

4) As we get closer to the end of the tournament, are you worried about the GMs and AGMs of the VHLM scouting your player?

5) What team would you most like to join/be drafted to in the VHLM?

6) When you were younger, what was your dream job? Has that changed as you've gotten older?

1) We're currently sitting in 2nd place out of 5 teams in the tournament (6-4-2). Where do you think we'll end up?

Well who else should wear the crown, but the Royals of course!

2) Has your player been playing to their expectations? If no, what will you do this week to improve your player?

Not really tbh. I am not doing my part to make sure we win games. I seem to not be able to score, or even get the assists that I expected to get. Hit the ice more! Practice makes perfect...or at least alot of sweat!

3) We have added a player on waiver claims, how does adding new players to the locker room affect the vibe?

I think it is always a positive. They bring a new fire and passion to win. That is a win-win for us.

4) As we get closer to the end of the tournament, are you worried about the GMs and AGMs of the VHLM scouting your player?

I have a different experience, I have been on Saskatoon this past season. It looks like my career is over in the VHLM, I feel it was not what I had hoped. The Wild just didnt have a good season. I havent heard from any GMs....or anyone at all...in the VHLE or VHL. It is going to be odd going into a league, into a draft, that I dont seem to be getting much interest from anyone. But I know I have to prove myself and I am ready to do the work to get better and support my teammates in any way I can.

I have enjoyed my time in Saskatoon. But it appears it is time to move on

6) When you were younger, what was your dream job? Has that changed as you've gotten older?

I am getting close to the end of my working career, I will retire in 6 years. But when I was a kid, I wanted to be a firefighter (did it for 9 years), be in the military (that is where I was a firefighter), be a police officer (did that for 5 years after I left the military) and be an astronaut (nope, never did that one). So all in all, 3 out of 4 aint bad I think!

On top. royals winning it all.

only played three games and I'm just here for the experience didn't expect any more then what ive gotten so far.

as a new player its always good to replace some bots with more depth.

As a recreate I'm not worried and i think ill be fine even if I don't end up drafted.

i wanna go back to the aces as thats where i played in my last players career and i overall just love there logo.

when i was younger i wanted to be in the nhl. I still wanna be in the nhl gotta chase that bag and keep on that grind.

On 5/25/2023 at 6:56 PM, Mint said:

ROYALS PRESS CONFERENCE (5/26)

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, answer all 6 for 2 TPE!

Doing this now cause I need the TPE

1. Right now we're 11-6-5. So I would say we are doing quite well, I mean we were in a slump for a few days but we got it right back after the last sim. I think we can win it all, we have the team do it. Steel is going to be a tough team to beat though

2. Some days he has, some days he hasn't. Right now sitting at 17 points in 22 games. I mean I think that's pretty good. But the last sim was terrible for my player. Only 2 points in 7 games. So he better step it up and help this team out

3. I think it affects it but in a positive way. It's always great getting an extra guy in the locker room to talk to. Love meeting the new people.

4. I mean I guess a little bit. I haven't really been talked to by many GM'S or AGM'S. Only 1-2, I am confident my player is going to get drafted, just haven't been talked to by a lot of teams yet. Hopefully more will contact me the closer we get to the draft.

5. Honestly I'm okay with joining any time. Preferably a team that has a chance at winning it all next year. I don't want to play for a team that is going to be bottom of the league. I would obviously love to play for the Marlins since it is where I started out. But from what I've heard, it seems unlikely with their draft picks that I will be going there. Just a team that can compete for the chip is my preference but open to options.

6. My dream job was a to be veterinarian. I have always loved animals SO much and have wanted to be a veterinarian since I was 4 and still do to this day!! I am actually planning on going to University and majoring in science or more specifically Veterinary Medicine so I can become a veterinarian down the road. Hoping it all works out :)

• 4 months later...

S90 Junior Showcase Tournament is here!

Hockey Fail GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

A perennial opportunity for the youngsters to show their quality in front of coaches from all leagues is here again. Let's give them something to look at and see what this crop is all about!

Feel free to answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE or all 6 questions for 2 capped TPE. Just a reminder, you may only submit 1 press conference claim a week.

1. Is this your first JST? If it is, what would you consider a success - for you personally and for the team? If it's not, what way your biggest JST success?

2. How closely do you follow offseason tournaments? Do you follow them even when you're not directly involved?

3. The first sim is behind us, as I'm writing this. 8 games total, 6 of them saw 10 or more total goals scored, majority of forwards and a good chunk of defensers are over point per game. Do you think this trend will continue throughout the whole tournament?

4. Hand in hand with plethora of goals scored go at first glance underwhelming goaltender stats. No goaltender has a save percentage .900 or higher. Do you think any goalie - perhaps our own Dalkr Vidarsson - can break it and finish with better looking stats than this?

5. Don't be afraid to overreact, what do you think about your player's and our team's performance so far?

6. (After I post this, I'm gonna look at the form and name team's captain(s) so this question is relevant) What do you think of the leadership group of this season's Royals? Do you have some history with any of them?

@Tetricide @UnknownMinion @sliceruser @Velevra @Syzygy @jacobaa19 @Dil @DDZ_44 @NineIQ v2 @Zetterberg @Sisyphus @Oldhead91 @KaleebtheMighty

• 2 weeks later...

1. Is this your first JST? If it is, what would you consider a success - for you personally and for the team? If it's not, what way your biggest JST success?

First JST I believe, don't think it was a thing back when I used to be in the league. Success would be making the finals at least I think!

2. How closely do you follow offseason tournaments? Do you follow them even when you're not directly involved?

Usually only follow along with the ones I'm involved in. Checking Index and LR every now and then :)

3. The first sim is behind us, as I'm writing this. 8 games total, 6 of them saw 10 or more total goals scored, majority of forwards and a good chunk of defensers are over point per game. Do you think this trend will continue throughout the whole tournament?
A little late answering these but that first sim was definitely an anomaly due to a different sim version being used.

4. Hand in hand with plethora of goals scored go at first glance underwhelming goaltender stats. No goaltender has a save percentage .900 or higher. Do you think any goalie - perhaps our own Dalkr Vidarsson - can break it and finish with better looking stats than this?
Of course, once again I have the benefit of hindsight so things were corrected to be more standard.

5. Don't be afraid to overreact, what do you think about your player's and our team's performance so far?
Player seems to be doing alright, we seem to be giving up a good chunk of goals though so wish I could perform a bit better defensively.

6. (After I post this, I'm gonna look at the form and name team's captain(s) so this question is relevant) What do you think of the leadership group of this season's Royals? Do you have some history with any of them?
Should be a good group of guys. Some great guys like Zetterberg, Kaleeb, and Tetricide who seem quite active in the league.

Week 2 press conference 

Not Great Game GIF by Live Motion Games

Brigade are dominating the league, we play some close game with Steel, we usually have the upper hand on Rush, and we definitely have Warriors' number.

Feel free to answer 3 questions for 1 capped TPE or all 6 questions for 2 capped TPE. Just a reminder, you may only submit 1 press conference claim a week.

1. I'm posting this a few hours after the VHL entry draft. If your player was eligible, how did you do compared to your expectations? If not, the VHLM dispersal draft is coming soon, what are your expectations for the draft?

2. The Royals were sitting in the 3rd place for most of the tournament, but Rush was able to sneak past us. Can we reclaim the 3rd?

3. Currently we're looking for a way to get the powerplay going. Make a quick case for your player to get more powerplay minutes here!

4. Other than o you have other big concerns about the team and its performance?

5. We have a complete roster now, with Viktor Vyzovsky running the Detroit boost joining the team, so now we have two players with some points in fighting. How much do you think this makes us harder to play against?

6. The NHL season has started, finally. What's your team and how have they been doing so far?

@Tetricide @UnknownMinion @sliceruser @Velevra @Syzygy @jacobaa19 @Dil @DDZ_44 @NineIQ v2 @Zetterberg @Sisyphus @Oldhead91 @KaleebtheMighty @Vik

3 hours ago, Velevra said:

First JST I believe, don't think it was a thing back when I used to be in the league. Success would be making the finals at least I think!

Usually only follow along with the ones I'm involved in. Checking Index and LR every now and then :)

A little late answering these but that first sim was definitely an anomaly due to a different sim version being used.

Of course, once again I have the benefit of hindsight so things were corrected to be more standard.

Player seems to be doing alright, we seem to be giving up a good chunk of goals though so wish I could perform a bit better defensively.

Should be a good group of guys. Some great guys like Zetterberg, Kaleeb, and Tetricide who seem quite active in the league.

It was technically for the last week, but no worries, it should be approved no problem 🙂

4 hours ago, VattghernCZ said:

1. I'm posting this a few hours after the VHL entry draft. If your player was eligible, how did you do compared to your expectations? If not, the VHLM dispersal draft is coming soon, what are your expectations for the draft?

2. The Royals were sitting in the 3rd place for most of the tournament, but Rush was able to sneak past us. Can we reclaim the 3rd?

3. Currently we're looking for a way to get the powerplay going. Make a quick case for your player to get more powerplay minutes here!

5. We have a complete roster now, with Viktor Vyzovsky running the Detroit boost joining the team, so now we have two players with some points in fighting. How much do you think this makes us harder to play against?

6. The NHL season has started, finally. What's your team and how have they been doing so far?

1. i intended to go inactive and leave the league so im surprised i was drafted at all and it seems like the team that drafted me even traded to get me so that was interesting.

2. i am hoping we can make a turnaround to finish the tourney though it is not going to be easy

3. all my player is really good at faceoffs and passing but on the powerplay that is exactly what you need, someone to quick win a draw and pass to a sniper before they can set up on defense.

4.  given my own inactivity being a factor in not playing well i can't complain about the rest of the team, i can only do better 

5. its always harder to play against someone when they punch you in the face and hit you into a board

6. Toronto is my team and they had a good first 2 games and we don't talk about the next 2

My player was eligible and selected 6th overall to Chicago. Much higher than expected but excited to do my best for the franchise!

In hindsight doesn't look like we were able to but I have no problems taking the hard road to winning the championship

I can shoot pucks good and sometimes you just need to keep it simple and get pucks on net.

Looks like we have been playing sloppy defensively. Will need to clean it up for the playoffs to improve performance.

Welcome to the team, nice to have some guys willing to standup for their teammates so the other teams don't take too many liberties.

Been busy so haven't followed much. Usually follow the Canucks and Flames a little and they both look to be doing around .500

Week 3 press conference - we're tied!

nervous spongebob squarepants GIF

After we made the wild card round look easy against the Warriors, the 1st round series against the Steel didn't start great for as as we lost first two games. However, after some adjustments, we tied the series and are back on track!

1. Great 2 wins by you guys to tie the series! Are we carrying the momentum and taking the series home?

2. Brigade dominated round Robin and are cutting through the Rush like a knife through butter, leading their series 3-1. When you or your player aren't involved in the series, do you enjoy close nailbiter series, or examples of domination by one team?

3. We've re-worked penalty kill lineups, and generally adjusted strategy to play more "boring", defensive game limiting the Steel chances. Is this our new identity going forward, perhaps even to the finals?

4. On top of those changes, we've also put Joshua Schwarzer, the wild card MVP, on the second line to open better matchups for him, now we can roll 2 lines both with an elite forward - Minion on 1st and Schwarzer on 2nd. Do you prefer when teams stack their top units, or are you more in favour of spreading the wealth?

5. Now the VHLM dispersal draft is behind us. If your player was eligible, how did it ho for you? If not, did you follow it and did you see something that surprised you?

6. No Cup hangover for the Golden Knights, Bruins still unbeaten after losing a ton of crucial players, Devils struggling and a ton of other weird or unexpected things going on in the NHL. What has been the biggest surprise for you this early in the season, for good or bad reason?

@Tetricide @UnknownMinion @sliceruser @Velevra @Syzygy @jacobaa19 @Dil @DDZ_44 @NineIQ v2 @Zetterberg @Sisyphus @Oldhead91 @KaleebtheMighty @Vik

1. Great 2 wins by you guys to tie the series! Are we carrying the momentum and taking the series home?

I definitely thought our adjustments were solid and our momentum would be enough to swing the series in our favour.

2. Brigade dominated round Robin and are cutting through the Rush like a knife through butter, leading their series 3-1. When you or your player aren't involved in the series, do you enjoy close nailbiter series, or examples of domination by one team?
A bit of column A a bit of Column B. A Nailbiter is more interesting especially for a finals but some times nice for a quick series in lower rounds to get things moving.

3. We've re-worked penalty kill lineups, and generally adjusted strategy to play more "boring", defensive game limiting the Steel chances. Is this our new identity going forward, perhaps even to the finals?
I think defence wins championships and it's a solid identity and strategy shift especially in the playoff

4. On top of those changes, we've also put Joshua Schwarzer, the wild card MVP, on the second line to open better matchups for him, now we can roll 2 lines both with an elite forward - Minion on 1st and Schwarzer on 2nd. Do you prefer when teams stack their top units, or are you more in favour of spreading the wealth?
I think spreading talent is definitely valuable in the playoffs. Nice to perhaps load up and stat pad in the regular season but it takes a team effort to win the cup/

5. Now the VHLM dispersal draft is behind us. If your player was eligible, how did it ho for you? If not, did you follow it and did you see something that surprised you?

Didn't follow too much but I was a little surprised that Cole's player dropped a bit lower than i would have personally anticipated

6. No Cup hangover for the Golden Knights, Bruins still unbeaten after losing a ton of crucial players, Devils struggling and a ton of other weird or unexpected things going on in the NHL. What has been the biggest surprise for you this early in the season, for good or bad reason?
The Canucks have been surprsingly alright thus far which has been nice for me to see!