Seattle Bears Jersey Retirements

Banackock

Hello,

It's been a little while since the Seattle Bears have added members to their Hall of Fame/jerseys to the rafters. Firstly, I'd like to tag @Beketov so that he can wake up, see this and his name involved in the title and make him think THOMPSON FINALLY MADE IT! GOTCHA! I'm very excited to be announcing the two players tonight. Both come from different eras of Bears hockey but both played an incredible role in bringing activity, fun and championships to the team (among many, many other things). I won't blab too much here as I'm sure I have some to say about each as they go.. so ..

Aaahh Real Monsters Nicksplat GIF by NickRewind

21_McAllister_V01.png

(S56) Gabriel McAllister

Player Page

I remember tanking extremely hard for the privilege to be able to select one of @CowboyinAmerica's players and when we managed to do just that and draft Gabriel McAllister, the feeling that I had as a general manager was absolutely unreal. Anyone who has been lucky enough to have CBIA in their locker room knows how strong of a leader he is, how great of a person he is to all and how legendary almost every single player of his are. He spent his first 5 seasons with the Seattle Bears, hitting a point per game in every season and collecting 241 goals, 248 assists and 489 points in 360 games played. He was an absolute menace on the team. Despite S59 being one of his slower seasons, the love was spread around the team and Gabriel McAllister helped myself hoist my first ever Continental Cup! After the party was done, he was sent in a massive package to Davos where he would play for the next 2 seasons. During his final season, the Seattle Bears managed to bring their star player who pulled the Bears jersey over his head when he was just a young lad. He made it his mission to come into Seattle and leave the city a hero. He did just that. He came in and had his best season of his legendary career with 55 goals and 139 points through the 72 game campaign. While the playoffs didn't go quite as planned, the fans sent him off was a standing ovation.

17 seasons later and once again we in Seattle rise to give a standing ovation to one of the Bears best! Thank you for your time and efforts in Seattle.

image.thumb.png.4502245edc3f4c35c758256f988f54b0.png

(S72) Timothy Brown

Player Page

Timothy Brown @a_Ferk wasn't as flashy as Gabriel McAllister, but to me and the Bears, he was just as important. The player and the member played an important role from the very moment they were brought onto the team and this has even extended passed their retirement like a couple others. Timothy Brown spent his entire career on the Seattle Bears and was a consistent top guy on the team. 4 seasons he has above 40 goals, all of 8 he had above 20. He capped his. career off with 247 goals, 308 assists and 555 points in 504 games played with the Bears. Not only is this total impressive on the Bears all-time stats lists, but Timothy Brown is also the owner of the "Most Goals in the Playoffs" in his career with the Seattle Bears - going as far as also holding the most GAME WINNING GOALS for the Bears... #CLUTCHASFERK. As fitting as it was, Brown had his best season in his final season with the Bears - similar to Gabriel McAllister, he was sent off the ice for the final time as a hero. The Bears lost their final game with him during Game 6 of Brown's FOURTH finals with the team (73, 77, 78, 79)... Our clutches player of all time helped us to 2 continental cups... Off the ice, he was just as important. He played a huge role in the locker room + other areas of the league, always being an amazing presence. He's a "secret council" member who has long served his time and is one of my favourite, most trusted people on the VHL. His guidance has been greatly appreciated during his time and we're very fortunate to have had him become part of the Seattle family... 

Timothy Brown - FERK - Thank you for all you did and continue to do for the Seattle Bears. Your help has been incredible to my success over the seasons. 

Take look at the Bears all-time stats:

HERE

VHL HoF :

HERE

Global Goal Thank You GIF by Global Citizen

Spoiler

If there are any errors, please blame the Seattle Bears Secret Council and direct all complaints to DaBearzCouncil@msn.com. Thank you. 

Edited by Banackock

42 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Timothy Brown - FERK - Thank you for all you did and continue to do for the Seattle Bears. Your help has been incredible to my success over the seasons. 

Thanks bana. Wouldn't trade the past seven seasons for anything. I'll always be a bear ❤️

• Commissioner
6 hours ago, Banackock said:

Firstly, I'd like to tag @Beketov so that he can wake up, see this and his name involved in the title and make him think THOMPSON FINALLY MADE IT! GOTCHA!

I hate you.

I thoroughly appreciate the honor! Between McAllister and Olsen, I've spent near half of my VHL life on the Bears. I have a lot of love for the franchise, and it's cool to see one of my players now representing in the rafters as well. Also proud to have gotten you your first Bears title in what's become an illustrious career.

Go Bears :cheers: