Cologne Express Press Conference

Advantage

7/6/22 PC

The Perfect Date Wow GIF by Netflix Philippines

Choo Choo

how y'all do? next stop station press conference.

Here this weeks PC sorry for missing last week but with out further to do on with the Questions.

like always 3Q=1TPE 6Q=2TPE

1. what are your thoughts on the season so far?

2. what is some thoughts on your fellow team mates

3. At this rate are you going to meet your goals that you have made at the beginning of the season?

4. If you were given a day to GM the team what would be some change you would make?

5. After your player has retired what position would you try next?

6. Brushing your teeth or wiping your butt – you have to give one up. Which one would it be and why?

That's all folks enjoy your week 👋

2 hours ago, samthemancub said:

7/6/22 PC

Choo Choo

Here this weeks PC sorry for missing last week but with out further to do on with the Questions.

3. At this rate are you going to meet your goals that you have made at the beginning of the season?

4. If you were given a day to GM the team what would be some change you would make?

6. Brushing your teeth or wiping your butt – you have to give one up. Which one would it be and why?

1. Slightly disappointed so far but i know we will turn it around.

2. We’re all doing our part just need the chemistry 

3. well I might I’m lookin to have a great season pointswise

4. I’d bring in a little help up front

5. I might go goalie. Only position I’ve never had really

6. Brushin my teeth but it’s tough. I can still use mouth wash i guess?

On 7/6/2022 at 2:24 PM, samthemancub said:

7/6/22 PC

Choo Choo

1. We are playing quite bad..

2. They are all great guys and fun to play with but we just aren't taking our chances.

3. We still could possibly if we just go flawless...

4. I haven't looked that far into the league and players... big nobody from me chief.

5. probably like a goalie, had lots of fun playing goalie when nobody else wanted to in school.

6. If there is no way of going around it like a bidet for example, probably brush teeth because like I don't have an answer I think is smart to come up with.. lol

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 5:24 PM, samthemancub said:

7/6/22 PC

Choo Choo

1. It's been my favorite. Decent effort by the Express again!

2. Wouldn't have been able to do it without them, a cannon needs flint, powder and fire

3. I made them exactly. 100 points 

4. Hmm haha, if I managed Cologne I would probably try and get some career players going and build up the team history

5. Not sure if I'll be back since I've played every position now

6. Damn. I guess my teeth because I could use mouthwash and other stuff

• 1 month later...

:col: Express Press Conference :col:

(Week Ending September 11th)

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering six questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

1. We stand at the start of a new season. How was the off-season for you?

2. How do you feel about the team?

3. What are your player's expectations for the season?

4. How do you think will win the VHL?

5. How do you think will win the VHLE?

6. How do you think will win the VHLM?

2 hours ago, leandrofg said:

1.  Off season was pretty good! Got in a lot of work and it felt productive. 

2. I think we have a solid team and I look forward to seeing what we can do. 

3. To train and work as hard as possible. Given the circumstances of last season, Jesse is feeling like they have to prove that they can keep up with a higher caliber team. 

4. Personally I really want to see Moscow take it this season. 

5. I think Bratislava might be in a good place to win. They picked up some impressive pieces during the draft. 

6. Honestly I think either Vegas is ripe for a three-peat or maybe Mexico City has it this time around. 

On 9/5/2022 at 5:31 AM, leandrofg said:

1. "Well god damn it's been a while since I've done one of these... Off-season was life changing. Literally. I was drafted by the Express and the Legion. Two teams without an S at the end, who would've thought?"
2. "I feel f*cking hype, the team looks to have a lot of good pieces on it to make a splash in the season. This looks like a team that is gonna win games."
3. "I expect to do the same sh*t I've done in Houston but better. Less penalties for high sticks and more for roughing and fights. More points on the board, more games under my belt.. this is my first full season after all."
4. "I hope the Legion win in the VHL."
5. "I hope the Express win in the VHLE."
6. "I hope the Bulls win in the VHLM. C'mon, you know I was gonna go with the loyalty options here."

On 9/5/2022 at 1:31 PM, leandrofg said:

1. Off-season was great in theory. It was great to get training in ahead of what is going to be for me a tough rookie season.

2. I think the team is in good shape. We certainly have some skilled players, finding consistency is the key.

3. I want to be strong off the puck. I think once that's sorted, the goals will come.

4. I think it's Vancouver's to lose

5. Bratislava look to be a good team. I think they are favourites

6. I'm hopeful my old team Houston can win.

(Week Ending September 18th)

1. We're a quarter into the season. While we had a shaky start, things are starting to look better. How are you feeling about the team?

2. Do you follow any other team apart from the Express (and why)?

3. What are you most looking forward to when you graduate from the VHLE?

4. The NFL has started. Do you support any team there?

5. Do you have a favorite player in the VHL?

6. Who is your player's render (and why)?

1. You're right about the shaky start, but things are coming good now. We've been the best team in the league over the last 10 games.

2. I like to watch what Moscow does, seeing as they're from my country.

3. I want to see what The Frenchman does

4. I don't really watch NFL.

5. Favourite player in the VHL? I think I like to watch what Duncan Idaho did before he hung up the skates.

6. I model my game after Alexander Radulov.

On 9/16/2022 at 5:54 AM, leandrofg said:

(Week Ending September 18th)

1. We're a quarter into the season. While we had a shaky start, things are starting to look better. How are you feeling about the team?

1. "Well you ain't f*cking lying, the start of the season looked freakin terrible. But the team is doing what we were hoping to do, if anything we just tripped at the starting line and really pushing ourselves up the standings. Let's just keep doing that and we'll be solid."
2. "I would say Rome because we're neck and neck in the standings.. plus that's the country my partner is from. Them and the Legion, since they drafted me."
3. "To play in the big leagues, to be an official VHL player. To fully move into Toronto and to be a potential part of history."
4. "Ya know I don't really follow American Football that much but if I had to pick.... Jets? I should do research on th- aaaaaaaaand they suck. Great."
5. "Personally not at the moment, I more so focused on the teams I'm on and more. It's a bit different when you become a VHL player because these are guys I might have scraps with in the future."
6. "Well I'll say there is not a lot of Japanese players with blonde hair and light blue eyes in the league..... yet. So if anything, I'd say Jason Robertson works fine. But there will be only 1 Isamu Knievel."

1. We're a quarter into the season. While we had a shaky start, things are starting to look better. How are you feeling about the team?

I'm not sure that I'm qualified to have feelings about the team, but as a former player in another life, I like to see the Express doing well.

As I scout FA destinations, I'm currently tracking the performances of VHL defenses, but not strictly "following" a specific team.

Not applicable, but I hope those about to move up are ready for the next level!

Not really. I used to be a semi-serious fantasy player, so I followed games that my team lineup were playing week to week.

Whoever is carrying my VHFL team to 6 TPE glory.

Roman Josi, because like me, he's a rugged, attractive man. Although he can hockey...I can't.

• 2 weeks later...

(Week Ending October 2nd)

1. We are reaching the halfway mark. How are you feeling?

2. This week is 'Theme Week'. How excited do you get by these extra-TPE opportunities?

3. The trade deadline is coming up. What are you expecting from VHLE teams?

4. It also marks the 'recreate day'. Are you following any user(s) on that?

5. When answering these Press Conferences, what kind of questions would you rather answer?

6. Would you rather talk like Yoda or breathe like Darth Vader for the rest of your life?

On 9/27/2022 at 2:37 PM, leandrofg said:

2. This week is 'Theme Week'. How excited do you get by these extra-TPE opportunities?

5. When answering these Press Conferences, what kind of questions would you rather answer?

6. Would you rather talk like Yoda or breathe like Darth Vader for the rest of your life?

1. Pretty good! Having a better season than the last one so I'm already pumped. A winning record? Yes please!

2. I'm so excited. And I just can't hide it.

3. Movement and hopefully some suprises.

4. Nah. I don't know anyone who is recreating personally and half the time in the discord I don't know who the GMs are talking about lol. But interested to keep learning from reading and watching.

5. I like a good mix of player/VHL questions and the fun questions. I once asked if a hotdog was a sandwich. Got some really interesting responses.

6. There we go! Like I said. Fun questions lol. Definitely Yoda. I already have asthma so I don't feel the need to feel worse.

1. Quite optimistic! Were getting some good results, just need a little more consistency

2. Always good to get that boost I need

3. Not a lot if I'm honest. I think most teams are set.

4. Maybe some of the guys like Markinson, who I knew back from Moscow with Hlo.

5. In-character about the season. 6 can be a wildcard though.

6. Breathe like Darth Vader 

On 9/27/2022 at 2:37 PM, leandrofg said:

1. “Honestly? Mixed. We’re in playoff contention but have been on and off throughout the season. Granted changing things up is something every team should do but damn. When things are hot, they’re hot. When things are cold… the fans will let you know.”

2. “Well coach came to me, said get my defense up before playoffs and I said ‘SIR YES SIR!’ so… quite excited to get that done.”

3. “To let us fleece every single team. Even Istanbul, we’ll take one of their 15 bot players.”

4. “Don’t need to, as a recreate myself I am well past that point but possibly in the future.”

5. “Honestly prefer ones that I can be honest about, not focusing on users or too much slice of life. If it lets me curse on the conference, f*cking send em away.”

6. “Be a mouth breather or an insane person.. I’m pretty crazy at the moment so f*ck it. Vader breathing. I’ll annoy every man in the locker room for sh*YS and giggles.”

:col: Express Press Conference :col:

(Week Ending October 9th)

1. The trade deadline has passed and we saw a couple of teams in the E moving pieces to try and improve. Cologne was one, do you think the trade has improved the team?

2. 18 game to go and 11 points behind 2nd place. Is it achievable still?

3. 2nd place would mean having a bye in the wildcard round. How important would that be?

4. Would you rather play the wildcard to maintain rhythm or skip it for some rest?

5. What’s the key for Cologne to have the chance to win the E this season?

6. Would you rather be an unknown superhero or an infamous villain?

1. Great to see the management add some strength ahead of our (hopefully) playoff run!

2. It's gonna take some luck, but we can do it!

3. I don't think it makes all the difference. We should be confident about anyone that we play against.

4. Honestly, I think it would be good to play in the wild card. If we lose in that round, I can't see us having won in the semi finals.

5. Consistency. We've regularly won against the top teams, but sometimes dropped games against those worse than us.

6. Unknown superhero 

On 10/4/2022 at 6:05 PM, leandrofg said:

:col: Express Press Conference :col:

(Week Ending October 9th)

1. The trade deadline has passed and we saw a couple of teams in the E moving pieces to try and improve. Cologne was one, do you think the trade has improved the team?

2. 18 game to go and 11 points behind 2nd place. Is it achievable still?

3. 2nd place would mean having a bye in the wildcard round. How important would that be?

4. Would you rather play the wildcard to maintain rhythm or skip it for some rest?

5. What’s the key for Cologne to have the chance to win the E this season?

6. Would you rather be an unknown superhero or an infamous villain?

1. “I’d say so, Jason has definitely been a needed presence on the ice and we’re keeping afloat with this interesting season currently. We improved, we staying alive, that’s all we can ask for.”

2. “Of course, we win every single game we can achieve anything. If we win every game of the playoffs, even if we’re last place… we win the championship. That’s what matters.”

3. “Less people to face, easier it should be in the playoffs. Course that won’t mean sh*t but it lowers our chances of immediate elimination.”

4. “Granted we don’t get injured here but honestly… I wouldn’t mind some extra adrenaline, keep the blood pumping, gives me more people to knock the f*ck out.”

5. “Win games, beat up lines and move on to the next one. Never lose. By 1 or a thousand… never lose.”

6. “Infamous supervillain baby, everyone will know me… sure I’m a bad guy but who gets their own plushie? I thought so.”

Cologne Press conference 

week of Sunday October 9th

1-If you guys follow the nhl or any hockey league what is your favorite irl hockey player ? 

2-if you guys had set an objective for yourself this VHL season what was it and did you guys complete it or are you on route to complete it ? 

3-What objective will you set for yourself for the NEXT VHL season ?

4-If you guys follow the VHLM playoff who do guys think will win the cup ? 

5-What is your favorite memory so far in the VHL forum ? 

6-If y’all have a Halloween costume planned what is it ? 

Edited by vincentlg2007
Looks prettier like this and I tried adding the cologne logo but I don’t know how

36 minutes ago, vincentlg2007 said:

Cologne Press conference 

1-If you guys follow the nhl or any hockey league what is your favorite irl hockey player ? 

2-if you guys had set an objective for yourself this VHL season what was it and did you guys complete it or are you on route to complete it ? 

1: I think it’s Rickard Rakell not sure why I just think he’s my favourite.

2: mine was getting more points then last season and I did achieve that.

3: Probably the same getting more points then last season just want my player to get better every year.

4: I might be biased but I think Ottawa.

5: probably my 2nd season in the VHLM because i was a clicker the first season and then I became a full TPE earner (thanks to Cole).

6: no I don’t have one.

1. It has to be Alex Radulov,  he's just fantastic

2. I think it was to contribute at the VHLE level, and I'm happy with how I've performed this year 

3. Again, to make a contribution at the VHL level. It will be tough but I'm ready for the challenge. 

4. Honestly, I think Mississauga have a shot

5. When Jruutu got banned

6. Not a fan of Halloween so none from me.

18 hours ago, vincentlg2007 said:

Cologne Press conference 

1. Marc-Andre Fleury!

2. I just wanted to get Jesse to a winning season which I did.

3. I'd like Jesse to be able to get a few more shut outs under their belt.

4. Honestly I think Vegas could three-peat.

5. Posting my first graphic and not getting run out of town lol

6. None planned lol. I tend to wear "I am my own costume" shirts.

On 10/10/2022 at 4:07 PM, vincentlg2007 said:

Cologne Press conference 

1: "NIKOLAS. F*CKIN. KRONWALL BABY. Why else would I be a hard hitting defenseman? That dude knows puck!"
2: "Well my goal was to reach the VHL for the next season and I'm happy to say that I should make the roster come opening day. Of course, I've been working hard to make sure I stay in that decent level of performance but I would say I reached what I needed to."
3: "Win the Continental Cup in Toronto."
4: "Well from my experience playing in the VHLM, I would say the Houston Bulls are winning the cup even if they don't make playoffs. Bulls or nothing."
5: "So far I would say my best memory will always be the amount of people that wanted me on their VHLM team when I first got here, it's always such a welcoming feeling when so many people really want you on the team."
6: "I got so many Halloween outfits in mind but like 97% of them my partner denies so I honestly just go with what he wants or one that he ACTUALLY likes."

:col: Express Press Conference :col:

(Week Ending October 23rd)

1. We finished the regular season in 3rd place, which gave us a bit of a rest before starting the playoffs. How good was that?

2. What are your feelings about the team's regular season?

3. We are now starting the playoffs. What are your expectations for the team?

4. We have Oslo going against Vasteras in the other semi-final. Who do you think I'll take that series?

5. Are you following the VHL Playoffs? If so, who do you reckon is taking the Cup this season?

6. As you know, I was vacationing in Rome. So... do Roman nurses and healthcare workers refer to an IV as a four?