Cologne Express Press Conference

Advantage

3 questions for 1 TPE and 6 for 2 TPE 

1. We are currently down 1-3. How do you think we can come back?

2. Do you think you will be called up next season?

3. How do you think the GM and AGM could improve next season?

4. Who was your favorite sports coach?

5. What was your favorite sports movie?

6. If you had an ultimate goal for your career, what would it be?

@Battlepopcorn @Beaviss @UnkemptCL4PTP @FBR @Lemorse7 @Bulduray_1 @PistolP @DeeGoat @Xalen11 @ColeMrtz @Jericho @Kuba-Fleury

Edited by WildfireMicro

8 hours ago, WildfireMicro said:

It'll be hard, and at this point I don't think we will. 1-4 is a tough deficit.

I don't know. That's really up to Rayzor now and I can't predict him.

We did the best we could and just fell a bit short. Simon cursed us.

Barry Trotz.

Miracle on Ice.

To win the cup, I don't care as much about individual awards, though they are nice.

@Battlepopcorn @Beaviss @UnkemptCL4PTP @FBR @Lemorse7 @Bulduray_1 @PistolP @DeeGoat @Xalen11 @ColeMrtz @Jericho @Kuba-Fleury

On 1/5/2022 at 6:17 AM, WildfireMicro said:

1. I always believe in the team comebacks come out of the blue but they aren't are rare as you think l! 

2. Well I'm only in the VHLM so yeah I think I will be haha 

3. Ask people's opinions about positional play.

4. My highschool soccer coach lol..

5. Rocky because he is a chad and everyone loves him.. lol ☺️

6. To become a good team player and possibly one of the best at mt position.

1. What do you think the team needs to improve on next season?

2. What should we focus on in the next draft?

3. how well do you think the Express GMs did overall?

4. Favorite cereal?

5. Have you been to the movies lately?

6. Dogs or cats?

@Battlepopcorn @FBR @Xalen11 @Beaviss @Lemorse7 @UnkemptCL4PTP @Bulduray_1 @PistolP @DeeGoat @ColeMrtz @Jericho @Kuba-Fleury 

Edited by WildfireMicro

1. Who was your favorite superhero growing up?

2. favorite superhero movie?

3. What are you looking forward to next season?

4. How do you think your player could improve?

5. What is your favorite breakfast food?

6. What should the Express look for in the draft?

@Komaryk @Battlepopcorn @Johnny_HX @FBR @Jericho @UnkemptCL4PTP @PistolP 

@DeeGoat @Xalen11 @Kuba-Fleury

On 1/19/2022 at 10:57 AM, WildfireMicro said:

1. Who was your favorite superhero growing up?

2. favorite superhero movie?

3. What are you looking forward to next season?

4. How do you think your player could improve?

5. What is your favorite breakfast food?

6. What should the Express look for in the draft?

@Komaryk @Battlepopcorn @Johnny_HX @FBR @Jericho @UnkemptCL4PTP @PistolP 

@DeeGoat @Xalen11 @Kuba-Fleury

1. I would say Batman.

2. I loved the new Spiderman movie, but Underdog and Sky High were pretty good too.

3. Im looking forward to being in a new league.

4. I think my player needs to focus on a specific area and master it, instead of being a utility player. Also, maybe his checking ability.

5. Bacon every day!

6. A stud. A serious answer is just another player who will be able to support the team.

1. How do you think the draft went for the Express?

2. What are your season expectations?

3. Are you excited to play in the VHLE?

4. What was your favorite song from 2021?

5. How about favorite movie from 2021?

6. Who is an underrated singer/band?

@Alesime @Komaryk @Battlepopcorn @Johnny_HX @UnkemptCL4PTP @atw2592 @Banackock @PistolP @DeeGoat @Jericho @dustywilson22 @Kuba-Fleury

27 minutes ago, WildfireMicro said:

@Alesime @Komaryk @Battlepopcorn @Johnny_HX @UnkemptCL4PTP @atw2592 @Banackock @PistolP @DeeGoat @Jericho @dustywilson22 @Kuba-Fleury

1. I think it went pretty well. We drafted some good players.

2. I want to have a solid start in my first season with the Express. Hoping to be a point a game.

3. I am super excited!

4. The whole Silk Sonic album was great, so all of those songs.

5. Spiderman: No way Home was such a good movie.

6. I would say Spencer Sutherland.

9 hours ago, WildfireMicro said:

1. Went great cause you drafted me, Thank you!
2. I expect us to be competitive and pick up some wins. 
3. I am as It's finally a new team and I didnt feel wanted within the Marlins organization really
4. All juice wrld songs
5. actually don't know lol

6. Couldn't tell as I really only listen to Juice wrld not gonna lie man.

On 1/25/2022 at 9:04 AM, WildfireMicro said:

1.i believe the draft went pretty good, got some good players by my side! 

2. I'm looking for our team to try and pull a top 4 in the league I believe we can achieve that.

3. First season, super excited to play!

4. Not made in the same year but juice world come and go baby 

5. My favorite movie would have to be the Halloween movies!!

6. I'm not really sure I don't really listen to a lot of music sorry 😭😭

1. What has been the biggest recent surprise in sports?

2. What are your opinions on the VHLE overall rn?

3. What is your favorite fruit?

4. What is the worst movie you've ever seen?

5. What do you think is key for the team to succeed rn?

6. What is the end goal of your league career?

@Alesime @Komaryk @Battlepopcorn @Johnny_HX @UnkemptCL4PTP @atw2592 @Banackock @PistolP @ColeMrtz @Jericho @dustywilson22

Edited by WildfireMicro

2 hours ago, WildfireMicro said:

@Alesime @Komaryk @Battlepopcorn @Johnny_HX @UnkemptCL4PTP @atw2592 @Banackock @PistolP @ColeMrtz @Jericho @dustywilson22

1. The Bengals going to the Superbowl is kinda crazy. Also, I am surprised with how well the Panthers have been playing this season, though I have always loved Huberdeau.

2. I think the VHLE is pretty good. I haven't had a large taste for it yet, but I am excited for it.

3. I love some nice grapes.

4. The 2019 version of Cats.

5. I think the key is going to be how we structure ourselves as a team. We need to structure the team in a way that will boost everybody's abilities.

6. I want to win at least one championship. I think that would be pretty cool.

11 hours ago, WildfireMicro said:

1. I would say the Bengals making the super bowl after not going anywhere in the past years.
2. Im hyped and more excited then i was for VHLM
3. Banana 
4. Trick on hulu
5. Just mending together and finding our touch as a team out on there the ice
6. Just to have at least played my best and have a championship or award to show for it

Barzy's First Press Conf Questions in ??? Weeks:

1. The season is young, but the Express are rolling! How do you feel about your individual success so far?

2. The team is gelling in the locker room right now, but the presence of some veterans has been missed, what area could we improve via in-season trades?

3. Dusty Wilson is in a funk to start the season, do you have any superstitions we could use to get him in the win column? 

4. Rookie hazing has always been something I look the other way about, how have you been hazed if you're a rookie, or how have you hazed the rookies if you're a vet?

5. There has been talk of introducing a player page where we can see jersey numbers, hometowns, etc, what's one fun fact about your player you'd want to include on a player page?

6. Are you happy with the position you chose for your player? How has it compared to your expectations?

1 hour ago, BarzalGoat said:

1. The season is young, but the Express are rolling! How do you feel about your individual success so far?

2. The team is gelling in the locker room right now, but the presence of some veterans has been missed, what area could we improve via in-season trades?

3. Dusty Wilson is in a funk to start the season, do you have any superstitions we could use to get him in the win column? 

4. Rookie hazing has always been something I look the other way about, how have you been hazed if you're a rookie, or how have you hazed the rookies if you're a vet?

5. There has been talk of introducing a player page where we can see jersey numbers, hometowns, etc, what's one fun fact about your player you'd want to include on a player page?

6. Are you happy with the position you chose for your player? How has it compared to your expectations?

1. I’m pretty happy about it. The season has started off well and I am hoping to keep that success rolling.

2. Some support in the bottom lines. 
3. Change up the routine. Don’t do anything similar to what you did the last time you played.

4. I haven’t experienced any hazing currently.

5. I’d like to include his dumb habits. Something stupid.

6. I am very happy with it. I think that the position fits great.

3 hours ago, BarzalGoat said:

1. I feel I need to be better. The express is ready to win and It seems I'm not. I'm trying to get better and being 0-5-0 will not cut it.
2. Well I mean maybe adding pieces that would help raise our top lines. I think were looking good though. 
3. Well Personally maybe just get better lol. That's all i know just a bit rough.
4. I've never been hazed personally so I'm feeling good, but I'm trying to improve my game right now
5. Well It'd be I'm actually from a city that doesn't even have a hockey team. That's odd huh? I made it pro from a town with no hockey to speak of really. It's a football town
6. Im absolutely happy I'm just learning what works and what doesn't and I just need to find out what to do to keep up my level of play/better it. 

5 hours ago, BarzalGoat said:

1. I am very surprised at where we are at, in a good way! I thought we would start off slow after losing so many guys but we are right there at the top.

2. I think we could get some defensive help, but all around I love the look of our locker room.

3. What always works for me is called a slump buster. You know, like a really ugly chick who needs some D, just turn the lights off and go to town. Guaranteed goal the next game.

4. I haven't been hazed yet, but it might be coming. I really hope it's not sexual, although we aren't the Blackhawks so I should be fine.

5. That's pretty cool, I would add that Obi was part of the French Junior Leagues and gave the team its first ever berth in the European National Junior tournament.

6. I thought I'd be scoring more goals, but overall I think it's been as expected. I am not sure what else I can do to boost scoring, since its already at 94.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Here are some questions for you:

1. Has anything surprised you about your player or the team so far?

2. Calix Pearce had a big debut sim with 6 points in 4 games. What are your thoughts on the trade and the player we're getting?

3. With a 9-3-2 record this week, we have the opportunity to cement ourselves as a top two team the rest of the season. Do you think we can keep this up?

4. If you could pick VHL players to be on a line/pairing with, who would they be? As a forward my two are Druss Deathwalker and Matty Fire.

5. If you could go on a vacation in the city of any VHLE team, which would it be? Anything specific you would like to see?

6. Say you just won the Stanley Cup. How are you spending your day with the cup and what is the weirdest thing you would consume out of it? 

46 minutes ago, zepheter said:

2. Calix Pearce had a big debut sim with 6 points in 4 games. What are your thoughts on the trade and the player we're getting?

3. With a 9-3-2 record this week, we have the opportunity to cement ourselves as a top two team the rest of the season. Do you think we can keep this up?

4. If you could pick VHL players to be on a line/pairing with, who would they be? As a forward my two are Druss Deathwalker and Matty Fire.

5. If you could go on a vacation in the city of any VHLE team, which would it be? Anything specific you would like to see?

6. Say you just won the Stanley Cup. How are you spending your day with the cup and what is the weirdest thing you would consume out of it? 

1. I am surprised on how many goals I am scoring. I always seen myself as an assist first player, but I’m not mad about it.

2. What a great pickup. He’s killing it already.

3. We can absolutely keep it up. We are a deep team and have a solid back end.

4. I’d say Duncan Idaho and Jerome Reinhart.

5. Id probably go with Rome. It’s always been at the top of my list.

6. I would drink a some vodka cran out if it. Get drunk from the cup. And I would just show it off for everyone.

On 2/7/2022 at 9:33 AM, BarzalGoat said:

1. I am playing very well thing season, lots of good assist and a few good goals.

2. Our team is playing quite well, I'm not sure if we need to do trades we just need a few upgrades and our team is good to go.

3. I believe in his abilities and we could easily win a game with him.

4. I don't believe I get hazed to bad, and I don't plan on hazing to much myself.

5. Sounds cool, could add like a play style page or something like that

6. Yes. my player is playing better than I had expected, very glad i made him how he is.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:24 AM, zepheter said:

1. I thought I would have more goals by now but I am starting to look at builds and such and I know what to work on so it should improve.

2. He seems like he's going to be a monster, which would make it a great pick up.

3. I think we can. This team definitely has the talent to go all the way this year especially if the goaltending can hold up.

4. I would say probably Jerome Reinhart and Matty Fire. Those are the two names that come to my mind.

5. I think it would have to be Vasteras because I have no idea where it is and would like to find out.

6. Oh I am definitely going to Disney Land. Makes sense because the Super Bowl just ended and everyone was saying it.

On 2/13/2022 at 11:24 AM, zepheter said:

1. Well I thought he was pretty good, but i took a look at our starting gk and I'm basing my game off him now to try and replicate his success
2. Well so far looks great as were already a playoff team so far.
3. Oh absolutely we got this for sure, things can happen but were ready for any kind of adversity
4. I wouldn't really know, but i love our forwards lol
5. Well only one i know is rome, so yeah rome. 
6. I would consume mtn dew out of it honestly, And I would just hold mtn dews in it. 

Been a bit busy this weekend, hope you guys are having a good one. I've got some more questions for you:

1. We did it! We've finally overcome the difference between us and Rome. Do you think we can remain strong and finish atop the E?

2. If you were the GM, would you do anything to improve the team? Or would you rather stick with what we have?

3. We currently have the league leaders in goals(Zucarello), assists(Ranogajec), and basically every major goalie stat(Protagonist). What is it like to play with some of the best talent in the league? If you are one of the three mentioned, did you expect the season to go this well?

4. With the VHL All Star game and skills competition behind us. Which competition is your favorite? Personally, I have to go with the save streak. 

5. If you could run the VHL for a day, what is one thing you would add, change or put more focus on? 

6. Is hockey your favorite sport? What is the most entertaining aspect to you?

1 hour ago, zepheter said:

Been a bit busy this weekend, hope you guys are having a good one. I've got some more questions for you:

1. We did it! We've finally overcome the difference between us and Rome. Do you think we can remain strong and finish atop the E?

2. If you were the GM, would you do anything to improve the team? Or would you rather stick with what we have?

3. We currently have the league leaders in goals(Zucarello), assists(Ranogajec), and basically every major goalie stat(Protagonist). What is it like to play with some of the best talent in the league? If you are one of the three mentioned, did you expect the season to go this well?

4. With the VHL All Star game and skills competition behind us. Which competition is your favorite? Personally, I have to go with the save streak. 

5. If you could run the VHL for a day, what is one thing you would add, change or put more focus on? 

6. Is hockey your favorite sport? What is the most entertaining aspect to you?

1. Absolutely. I believe in this team!

2. This team should push to the top together. We don’t need a change.

3. It’s an honour to play with them. I feel I’m getting better playing with them.

4. The penalty shoutout when it’s creative.

5. I worked want to have some games that are just for fun and for the players who don’t get as much playing time as others.

6. It absolutely is. Everything about it interests me.