Cologne Express Press Conference

Advantage

:col: Express Press Conference :col:

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

Answering six questions gets you 2 Capped TPE

1. The VHLE Playoffs have already begun with Rome beating Istanbul in the Wildcard Round. Were you expecting that?

2. It's Cologne against Oslo for the third fourth straight season. What's your outlook for the series?

3. What are your player's own exceptions for these playoffs?

4. Who's your pick to win the Continental Cup?

5. Who's your pick to win the Founder's Cup?

6. If animals could talk, which species would be the rudest of them all?

Player ping

1. Well the team that worked the hardest made so yes you could say thar

2. This is my first season in the E so I did not really have the same history but from the past I’m expecting a physical series against them

3. I am expecting that our team has a deep run and eventually win a championship at the end of these people playoffs 

4. I still think Seattle most likely has the best chances to win but being regular season champions doesn’t mean anything in the playoffs 

5. this is bit of a bias answer but I am hoping that the Philadelphia reapers win as that was my home for 3 seasons 

6. for that I definitely have to go with the honey badger I think they would be constantly swearing at people 

On 5/16/2023 at 4:57 AM, leandrofg said:

1. The VHLE Playoffs have already begun with Rome beating Istanbul in the Wildcard Round. Were you expecting that?

Yes, if Istanbul didn't trade off their star players maybe they could've been more of a match.

2. It's Cologne against Oslo for the third fourth straight season. What's your outlook for the series?

Play the puck well, no mistakes and stay out of the box, Oslo will capitalize and their record doesn't show how deadly they are on both sides of the puck.

3. What are your player's own exceptions for these playoffs?

Not to give up bad chances.

4. Who's your pick to win the Continental Cup?

Seattle.

5. Who's your pick to win the Founder's Cup?

Mexico, Cole is due for a cup.

6. If animals could talk, which species would be the rudest of them all?

Probably lions.

Player ping

• 3 weeks later...

:col:Cologne Express Press Conference:col:

1. By now you should all know about the management changes, what was/is your FAVORITE thing about former GM @leandrofg?
2. Season 89 is approaching! What changes do you expect to see from the team or your player?
3. As your new AGM I ask of you, which team do you have beef with? Who's a team in the VHLE you just wanna beat a little more than the rest?
4. We're all hockey fans! (I'd imagine) Who's your current favorite player to watch at the NHL level?
5. What's your favorite brand of hockey gear? Whether it's for looks or feeling, I'd love to hear your opinions!
6. Lastly what do you expect from your new GM core? This can be regarding your player and/or the team as a whole!

Edited by Fradin99

1. My most favourite thing was the they were very consistent in there moves with trading and drafting and how they welcomed new players

2. I expect us to make another push for a championship I believe we have a really good team still and we still can win

3. Olso as they are the team that eliminated us and I don’t like that we went out the way we did

4. I like to watch Crosby still

5. I liked the true sticks as I did well using it

6. I expect them to give us the players necessary to go for a championship and have success

• 2 weeks later...

1. The draft is over and our roster is all but set for our lines deadline on Friday! Do you have any preferred linemate(s) for the season?
2. The management team has just implemented a "Conductor of the Sim" award for each sim day. Who do your predict to win the most by Season's end?
3. How much improvement do you plan to see from your last season to this one as a player?

4. Are you a right hand or left hand shot? (Glove for our goaltenders!)
5. Who do you predict to come out with the hottest start in week one of sims?
6. Game One is almost upon us! What's your pre-game meal to kick off the season?

1. Not yet but as the season goes that will definitely happen 

2. I believe that everyone has a chance to win so I don’t want to pick anyone as a favourite 

3. I plan for my defence and point to go up as I have work a lot to improve those

4. I shoot left handed 

5.  We have a few new plays in our system so I can’t fully tell but again i think everyone has a chance to have a great season 

6. peanut butter and honey sandwich then a cheese bagel after 

2 hours ago, Fradin99 said:

1. The draft is over and our roster is all but set for our lines deadline on Friday! Do you have any preferred linemate(s) for the season?
2. The management team has just implemented a "Conductor of the Sim" award for each sim day. Who do your predict to win the most by Season's end?
3. How much improvement do you plan to see from your last season to this one as a player?

4. Are you a right hand or left hand shot? (Glove for our goaltenders!)
5. Who do you predict to come out with the hottest start in week one of sims?
6. Game One is almost upon us! What's your pre-game meal to kick off the season?

1. Nope! As far as I have heard I'm playing with some really great guys. Although our entire team is great and I would love to play with anyone on this team

2. Keon, his player is nasty. I'm very happy he is on our team this year. I think he will be great and earn the most. He is also our cappy so I will be expecting him to lead the way for us in the sims and winning many "Conductor of the Sim" awards. But as stated before, our entire team is great and I know everyone will get the chance to win it.

3. I think a good amount, my player played in the VHLM so I can't really say for sure how big my improvement will be especially playing in a better league this year. I am hoping I can impress though.

4. I am a right hand shot!

5. I can't really choose anyone for that. Our team is full of very skilled and talented players. I can see each one of us getting the ball rolling right from the get go.

6. You know what... in honor of Phil the Thrill Kessel winning his third cup, I'm going munch down some hot dogs before our first game. Hoping it'll help lead us to a good start and a championship!

:col: Express Press Conference :col:

1. The VHLE Season has begun. How do you feel about the teams performance so far?

2. Has any team surprised you in the VHLE standings so far into the season?

3. Who is your early season predictions on who will win the Renaissance cup?

4. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?

5. If you could time travel but you could only go either forwards or backwards in time what would you choose?

6. What is your favourite animal? Is it your pet or maybe something more exotic or perhaps even both?

9 minutes ago, Sjin said:

1. The VHLE Season has begun. How do you feel about the teams performance so far?

5. If you could time travel but you could only go either forwards or backwards in time what would you choose?

6. What is your favourite animal? Is it your pet or maybe something more exotic or perhaps even both?

1) We're doing pretty good! Off to a quick start which is nice but there are a lot of games left.

2) Bratislava Watchmen are doing pretty good so far!

3) Cologne is looking pretty strong!

4) Probably the ability to read minds, would be nice! Or invisibility so I can creep around.

5) I'd probably go back in time. Would love to see dinosaurs from a safe distance or see how they really built things like the pyramids and stuff like that. Pair that with my invisibility and I'm good to go!

6) I love otters and beavers for some reason, they are so cute! But my favourite has to be dogs I guess, I love having a dog.

1. I really like our performances and we are where we should be

2. The watchmen have definitely surprised me with their position so far

3. I would like to think that picking us is a good option

4. super strength as it also would give a faster speed

5. I would go forward as I don’t want to change anything In my life

6. Polar bear as I love how they look their white fur and it’s a family nickname for me

6 hours ago, Sjin said:

1. I think we are doing pretty good! Our team is having a strong start to the season and I am very impressed.

2. Like everyone else has said, the watchmen, I am surprised with how well their team is doing this season. 

3. Well I obviously got to go with us COLOGNE!! We have a very strong team, I believe we have a great chance at taking it all the way

4. Speed or Invisible, would be nice to get places very fast or just completley disappear when I want to.

5. That's a hard one, I would prob say forwards though, just to see what life is like for me and the world in the future. 

6. I love dogs but Kangaroo is my favorite animal. I want to go to Australia really bad and I love how strong their punch and kick are. Plus baby joey's are super cute!

1. Our point frontrunners are here! Who do you think ends the season with more points? Cam Elsby, Al Land, Jeff Lewis, another teammate? 
2. A little homage to our beginnings! How do you feel your former VHLM team is doing?
3. If you could move a VHLE team city, what new city would you like to see?
4. Does your player have a personal goal for this season? How on track are they if so?
5. Do you have a player rival on another team? Or maybe an old teammate or friend you would have loved to seen wear Cologne Green?
6. If you had the day free in Cologne, what would you do in the historic city?

2 hours ago, Fradin99 said:

1. Our point frontrunners are here! Who do you think ends the season with more points? Cam Elsby, Al Land, Jeff Lewis, another teammate? 
2. A little homage to our beginnings! How do you feel your former VHLM team is doing?
3. If you could move a VHLE team city, what new city would you like to see?
4. Does your player have a personal goal for this season? How on track are they if so?
5. Do you have a player rival on another team? Or maybe an old teammate or friend you would have loved to seen wear Cologne Green?
6. If you had the day free in Cologne, what would you do in the historic city?

1. I got to say AI Land, every sim I have looked at, he has been producing, All of them are popping off this year and we are very lucky to have all of them, they are really contributing to our teams success. 

2. Marlins are doing great! They are doing super well right now, 3rd in the league and I love to see how some of my former teammates are doing!

3. That is a question I am not answering because I have absolutely no idea. I have thought about this question for 10 minutes and still do not know.

4. A PPG, I want my player to be a PPG or AT LEAST ONLY 10 points under a PPG, especially starting at a lower TPE than most in the VHLE, I think those are pretty good goals and would be very happy if that was the case.

5. @Fradin99. I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE YOU ON COLOGNE BUT I ALSO LOVE KICKING YOUR TEAMS BUTT AND SCORING AGAINST YOU. WE NEED TO DROP THE GLOVES SO I CAN SHOW YOU WHO IS BOSS 😤 🥊 

6. Had to do a quick google search and I’d like to see the Cologne Cathedral. Looks pretty cool and would be nice to visit. The city just seems super nice as well.

Answering three questions gets you 1 Capped TPE

1. Theme week is here! Do you have anything neat up your sleeve to earn that sweet sweet extra TPE?

2. Over 30 games into the season! Which team do you think has been the toughest for your player to face?

3. Speaking of the season, we've had 3 eiections and 4 fights in the last 4 sims. What's got you guys so worked up?

4. Hockey has always been a sport recognizing the importance of community outreach, how does your player show love back to the city of Cologne?

5. Cologne doesn't have a specific mascot aside from our team dog, Henry, but what would you choose if we had a mascot out there in the crowd?

6. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day some would say. But coffee is the most important part of breakfast. How do we take our morning coffee/tea Cologne?

1. No not really I just do what I can each week

2. Oslo I would say I can’t stand those guys

3. I don’t know why we feel the need to do it with that including me but we need to smarten up with every ejection we lose a player for the rest of the game and we can’t have that including me so we need to stop it

4. I try to help people as much as I can that can be working at shelters or going around the city hanging out with fans.

5. A train conductor would be fitting I believe 

6. I have a bit of creamer and sugar to my coffee I don’t like bitter coffee that much but fact I drink the most coffee on the team during breakfast

3 hours ago, Fradin99 said:

1. Theme week is here! Do you have anything neat up your sleeve to earn that sweet sweet extra TPE?

2. Over 30 games into the season! Which team do you think has been the toughest for your player to face?

3. Speaking of the season, we've had 3 eiections and 4 fights in the last 4 sims. What's got you guys so worked up?

4. Hockey has always been a sport recognizing the importance of community outreach, how does your player show love back to the city of Cologne?

5. Cologne doesn't have a specific mascot aside from our team dog, Henry, but what would you choose if we had a mascot out there in the crowd?

6. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day some would say. But coffee is the most important part of breakfast. How do we take our morning coffee/tea Cologne?

1. Sjin would make a great commissioner, already submitted my graphic for that sweet TPE :D

2. As GM I think Oslo has been the toughest opponent we've had so far they've all been close games though!

3. I left Fradin in charge for the last week and I think his goonish behaviour has rubbed off on the team

4. Kölner Haie is the local ice hockey team definitely going to be watching their games to support the team!

5. Henry is all we need, he has been a great motivator and inspiration for everyone on the team.

6. Black, always black best way to have coffee!

10 hours ago, Fradin99 said:

1) Not really, I'll try to squeeze out the suggested words but I am terrible at these things. Only have a couple of things I think I'd change anyway.

2) I think I'll say the Oslo Storm not only because we are fighting with them for positioning but because Winston Dixon jr beat me up in game 134.

3) Not sure, didn't think we had fighters on the team. Heck didn't think I was a fighter but have three (1-1-1) already.

4) Would probably take care of animals in shelters or something, even though there isn't much wildlife in Cologne

5) I see no problem with Henry so don't see the need to speculate on a new mascot. Our logo is a train, what would our mascot be? A conductor?

6) I drink neither tea or coffee, never wanted to form a dependence on either one so never bothered. If I HAD to choose one I'd probably drink just plain old orange pekoe tea with a bit of sugar.

On 7/3/2023 at 5:25 AM, Fradin99 said:

1. I decided to do 3 expansion teams. One for each league, VHLM, VHLE and the VHL. Honestly I thought it was a really fun theme week and loved writing about it

2. I guess I gotta agree with everyone else.. Oslo. They’re a good team, always competing with them and keeping it close

3. Apparently I’m a fighter. I have no idea where any of this attitude came from. Hey at least I didn’t lose 🤷‍♂️ 

4. Well as you probably know, I am in the process of creating an animal shelter and adoption centre. I’m a big animal guy and hoping to help more animals in Cologne.

5. HENRY IS MASCOT. HENRY IS GOOD MASCOT. HENRY IS BEST MASCOT. HENRY IS ONLY MASCOT. HENRY STAY MASCOT. NO OTHER MASCOT. HENRY. IS. MASCOT!

6. No surprise as I’m a Canadian but a good ol’ double double (two cream 2 sugar) from timmies always hits the spot. But according to Fradin my coffee choice is bad 🤨 

1. Big trade came in! Which of the three players acquired are you most excited to play alongside on the squad?
2. Speaking of trades, the deadline is over! How'd the GM team do? Any trades you would've liked to see?
3. Three weeks left in the regular season! Where do you see us finishing in the standings?
4. How about that rivalry! Is your rival team/player the same as it was at the beginning of the season? Who is it now?
5. How would you compare your production so far to this point last season? Are you on track with where you want to be?
6. Laces check! Do you guys play with tight or loosely tied skates?

4 minutes ago, Fradin99 said:

1. Big trade came in! Which of the three players acquired are you most excited to play alongside on the squad?
2. Speaking of trades, the deadline is over! How'd the GM team do? Any trades you would've liked to see?
3. Three weeks left in the regular season! Where do you see us finishing in the standings?
4. How about that rivalry! Is your rival team/player the same as it was at the beginning of the season? Who is it now?
5. How would you compare your production so far to this point last season? Are you on track with where you want to be?

1) Definitely Montgomery Burns! Kind of kept an eye on him as we're in the same draft class (S89!)

2) The final trade alone was impressive enough, we're in a good place now and it will be interesting to see how we do for the rest of the season.

3) Had high hopes for first but I'm guessing we'll settle into third or fourth which is still great.

4) Was Oslo Storm, is still Oslo Storm.

5) I wasn't in the VHLE last season so I am doing quite well I think for my rookie season in the VHLE. I'm happy with the results so far.

6) Always liked my laces tight!

30 minutes ago, Fradin99 said:

1. All 3 are great to have on our team and definitely going to help our team in our championship run. But I got to go with Montgomery Burns, former captain of Vasteras and leading their team in points. Going to be a great offense threat and really help our team.

2. Of course our GM did amazing, never a doubt in Sijn's abilities. Huge trade with Vasteras, absoutley fleeced them for some great players and he has been really improvinv our team this year. Very proud of you Sijn!

3. I see us finishing Top 3, although we are 4th right now, are team just got stronger over the TDL and I don't see anything but improvement. We have a solid team and have no doubt we can finish top 3 in the league. 

4. I got to go with Geneva Rush and my boy Fradin! Friendly rivalry of course but I love playing against him and seeing who can come out on top with the win and more points. Hoping one game I get to fight the guy!

5. Honestly I am very happy with my players production this season. I wasn't sure he was going to be great coming into Cologne with decently low TPE, but he has exceeded my expectations and is doing very well! Although he has been on quite the dry spell over the last few sims so I am hoping he picks it up.

6. I got to go with tight laces. Not trying to look like a bender out on the ice (no offense loose lace players). Never been the guy to keep them loose, always need to be tight!

On 7/10/2023 at 5:27 PM, Fradin99 said:

1. Big trade came in! Which of the three players acquired are you most excited to play alongside on the squad? I've heard a lot of good things about Montgomery Burns so I'm interested in how he will do for us
2. Speaking of trades, the deadline is over! How'd the GM team do? Any trades you would've liked to see? Overall Sijn did well this deadline, the Montgomery burns trade was definitely worth it for the price given up for him and 2 other depth pieces that should make an impact for us. 
3. Three weeks left in the regular season! Where do you see us finishing in the standings?  Realistically 2nd or 3rd, but 4th and 5th aren't far behind so it's kind of hard to tell how the last stretch will go. 
4. How about that rivalry! Is your rival team/player the same as it was at the beginning of the season? Who is it now? I don't have beef with other teams/players
5. How would you compare your production so far to this point last season? Are you on track with where you want to be? Production is up from last season despite a recent skid in offensive production, but right now I can't complain too much on how this season has gone. 
6. Laces check! Do you guys play with tight or loosely tied skates? Always tight. Always.

1. Who do you think has been this seasons MVP so far?

2. Where do you think the team will finish in the standings?

3. Are you pleased with how your player has performed this season, if not why?

4. Where do you think you'll be playing next season? 

5. What's your favourite snack?

6. What is your favourite childhood movie?

3 minutes ago, Sjin said:

1. Who do you think has been this seasons MVP so far?

2. Where do you think the team will finish in the standings?

3. Are you pleased with how your player has performed this season, if not why?

4. Where do you think you'll be playing next season? 

5. What's your favourite snack?

6. What is your favourite childhood movie?

1) I assume you mean for the team? We have a lot of good players and several options that could work but I'm going to have to suggest our goalie Justin Lion. He has been extremely solid.

2) It's really hard to say since there is a close pack of about 4 teams that keep shuffling positions. I guess I could see us finishing in second or third. However, we have three games coming up against Istanbul and if we swept them we could even challenge for first!

3) I am definitely happy with how my player has done. At one point I was among the rookie scoring leaders and am still doing quite well. Definitely happy with the season for him.

4) I am guessing I'll be in Cologne next season still. Nothing wrong with that at all!

5) Pretzels or pineapple

6) I can't remember that far back to movies I really liked. I always liked TMNT movies/shows, some GI Joe, but I can't recall any specific movies. Stargate as I got a bit older though