Stockholm Vikings Press Conference

thadthrasher

Thor Vikings GIF by THE BEARD STRUGGLE

PRESS CONFERENCE

For week ending 26 Sep 2021

1. How does it feel to be playing for Stockholm for this inaugural VHLE season? 

2. What are you looking forward to this season?

3. How do you think your player will adjust to their move to Stockholm?

4. What are your expectations for this season?

5. Is there anything you want me to know?

6. If you could have picked your own team, where would you have wanted to go in the VHLE?

1. It feels great! It feels great to be on the team with a gm and a bunch of players that want to win. It definitely is awesome to be apart of a great locker room.

2. Looking forward to being the first team to win the championship, we are one of those team with mid range tpe 250-340 so we will only get better as the season goes on!

3. I think my player will adjust just fine! Going from Halifax to Stockholm is a big move, but it will help me prepare for when i get called up to Warsaw 

4. I’m expecting us to suprise some people in the play offs and have a couple of us in the top 10 for points!

5. No, not really!

6. Here, the other teams names are a little weird to me ahahah

1. How does it feel to be playing for Stockholm for this inaugural VHLE season? It's pretty exciting. Looking forward to continuing my recent success

2. What are you looking forward to this season? Just getting to play against better competition 

3. How do you think your player will adjust to their move to Stockholm? Big move from Miami to Stockholm, but it'll be fun

4. What are your expectations for this season? Win baby win

5. Is there anything you want me to know? NOthing I can think of

6. If you could have picked your own team, where would you have wanted to go in the VHLE? Everyone was equal to me, so it's all good

1. It’s awesome to play for a gm that I’m familiar with and I know what is expected.

2. I’m looking forward to making a late push in the playoffs and possibly taking it all. 
3. I think my player will adjust perfectly because of my familiarity with the gm.

4. My expectations are to win the championship and be top 10 in points. 
5. no questions

6. Right here because I can continue my success under a gm that I know and that has been successful in his recent years.

Getting to be a Viking… I’m really feeling the effects of masculinity right now! I wanna go to war.  

Getting to know some new teammates and continuing to work with old teammates like @Eldredman

I think Nessie will become a bigger better beast.

I expect to win. New league needs new champions and those champions will be the Vikings. 

I have the hots for you. 

6. If you could have picked your own team, where would you have wanted to go in the VHLE?

Right here baby! 

PRESS CONFERENCE

For week ending 26 Sep 2021

It feels special, because we can be a part of history, just like I was a part of Marauders first season with Oh Sens.

I look forward to winning the cup with this team!

It's going to be difficult, because it's going to be very cold in the winters.

I expect that we are going to be winning the VHLE championship, because we are too good!

I am weird.

I would have wanted to go to Stockholm Vikings.

PRESS CONFERENCE

For week ending 03 Oct 2021

1. How do you feel about our current place in the standings? (Click here to see what that is)

2. Where is your player the strongest?

3. Where is your player the weakest?

4. What color scares your player the most?

5. If your player got into a bar fight, who would they take out first?

6. Why did the chicken ACTUALLY cross the road?

2 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. How do you feel about our current place in the standings? (Click here to see what that is)

1 things are very tight

2 I try to produce a all arround versatile player

3 face offs

.4 pink

.5the refs

.6 to get some food

3 hours ago, thadthrasher said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. I feel great about it, the league is so close and we are one of the most competitive teams so I can see a 1st place finish.

2. offensive easily.

3. defensively I do not think I am the strongest!

4. green, because green is gross

5. since I am 6'8, id go for the biggest guy in the bar ahahah

6. to get to the other side, but i dont think of the other side of the road, I think it means to die 0.0

1. I think that this will be a tight race, but things are looking up for this team.

2. My player is strongest in his playmaking abilities and scoring.

3. My player needs to work on his defensive play and his leadership.

4. Red, cuz red is evil.

5. The weakest guy because why not start off easy.

6. To get hit by a truck.

PRESS CONFERENCE

1. How do you feel about our current place in the standings? 

It's not the greatest place, we can do better though!

Probably scoring some goals.

Right now I would like to be better in faceoffs but I wouldn't say I am weakest in one exact spot.

White.

Nobody, because my player would probably sneak out of this bar fight, because he is old!

I don't know, you tell me!

PRESS CONFERENCE

For week ending 10 Oct 2021
1.    We nominated our first ever Captains this past week, how do you feel about the captains, and do you think they are going to lead us to success 
2.    How do you feel about your individual success this season up to this date? 
3.    We had 2 stars of the week this past week, (Florida Man and Kisslinger II) does this encourage you to update more and to try to be a star of the week?
4.    How do you feel about the VHLE so far, is it better or worse than you expected?
5.    If you were to take the team out anywhere to eat, where would it be and why?
6.    Is there any suggestions for Thad or myself to make the experience in Stockholm better?

Edited by Kisslinger

1. I am satisfied with the selections and I think that they will lead us to becoming a better team overall. 
2. I’ve played pretty well this season and I've taken a large step in becoming a better player.

3. I try to stay on top of my game every week and I’m happy to see 2 of my teammates being recognized for their hard work.

4. It’s better than I expected, specifically because I didn’t know the competition that we would be facing. Now that I look at the scores and standings, each team is loaded with talent and it’s a tight race for the playoffs. 
5. I would take the team out to Wendy’s to take that big W.

6. It’s been great so far. Nothing to complain about.

1.    We nominated our first ever Captains this past week, how do you feel about the captains, and do you think they are going to lead us to success?

I think we have great captains that will be our corner stones of our awesome year!
2.    How do you feel about your individual success this season up to this date? 

Pretty great, I am over point per game so that won't hurt team success too!
3.    We had 2 stars of the week this past week, (Florida Man and Kisslinger II) does this encourage you to update more and to try to be a star of the week?

That's not something I am going for, so not really!
4.    How do you feel about the VHLE so far, is it better or worse than you expected?

I think it's too early to make conclusions about VHLE, but it's fun!
5.    If you were to take the team out anywhere to eat, where would it be and why?

I would take them to my mother's house because she knows how to cook some good food!
6.    Is there any suggestions for Thad or myself to make the experience in Stockholm better?

All good from you guys!

PRESS CONFERENCE

For week ending 17 Oct 2021

1.      We have been a little hot stretch recently, what do you think the main reason is that we have been able to start winning more games?

2.      Does your player have any pregame rituals? If so, what are they?

3.      Is your VHL character inspired by any NHL players’ playstyle? If so, who?

4.      What VHLE team do you think have the best and worst logo?

5.      Do you feel like there is a teammate you have developed some line chemistry with this season?

6.      If you did Halloween when you were younger, what was your favourite costume? If you didn’t do Halloween, what is your favourite candy?

PRESS CONFERENCE

1.      We have been a little hot stretch recently, what do you think the main reason is that we have been able to start winning more games?

I think everyone is working hard to get that TPE and management is working hard to make good lines. 

2.      Does your player have any pregame rituals? If so, what are they?

Nessie loves to eat her sushi and listen to bag pipe metal. 

3.      Is your VHL character inspired by any NHL players’ playstyle? If so, who?

Nope. She is one of a kind. 

4.      What VHLE team do you think have the best and worst logo?

The Vikings are clearly the best, and I’m not sure I have a team I think is the worst logo. 

5.      Do you feel like there is a teammate you have developed some line chemistry with this season?

No one player is particular. 

6.      If you did Halloween when you were younger, what was your favourite costume? If you didn’t do Halloween, what is your favourite candy?

I was obsessed with Mulan. I think I was her for two or three years.

1. The team as a whole has put a lot of effort into achieving TPE and we’ve bonded together perfectly.

2. My player loves to listen to some late 2000’s rap (Kanye and some Jay Z)

3. McDavid. He has incredible passing skills, can score the puck, and can skate extremely well.

4. It’s a tie between the rest of the league for worst logo and we have the best logo by far. No questions about it.

5. I feel like I’ve bonded with all of my forwards, as I’ve been able to playmake exceptionally well lately.

6. When I was real young, I dressed up as a pea pod one time.

1.      We have been a little hot stretch recently, what do you think the main reason is that we have been able to start winning more games?

Probably I started to wear my lucky socks to the games more often.

2.      Does your player have any pregame rituals? If so, what are they?

Listen to some great music and give autographs to fans.

3.      Is your VHL character inspired by any NHL players’ playstyle? If so, who?

Not really, but if I would have to choose I would say something similar to Toews.

4.      What VHLE team do you think have the best and worst logo?

I can't really decide now, I need a few seasons to some of them to grow on me.

5.      Do you feel like there is a teammate you have developed some line chemistry with this season?

Kisslinger, because we are tearing the VHLE up together!

6.      If you did Halloween when you were younger, what was your favourite costume? If you didn’t do Halloween, what is your favourite candy?

I didn't really have a favourite costume, it is celebrated where I live but not that crazy, probably some kind of skeleton.

PRESS CONFERENCE

For week ending 24 Oct 2021

1.      5-0 in our last 5, Do you think we can keep this pace up?

2.      What is your players favourite pregame music to listen to?

3.      What is your favourite NHL team and why do you like them?

4.      What does it mean to be a Stockholm Viking to you?

5.      If we had a mascot, what would his name be and how would you design him?

6.      The theme week this past week was life after the VHL, I want to change it up and ask about life before the VHL. When you were little what did you want to be when you were older?

1. As long as our offense continues the pressure, we should have no problem.

2. He likes some rap (from Jay Z to Pop Smoke)

3. Boston Bruins because I’ve been in Boston for my whole life and I love Pasta.

4. Being able to persevere through adversity and come out on top (like we are now).

5. Vic (a long beard, a sword, and a shield)

6. I always wanted to become a doctor.

5 hours ago, Kisslinger said:

Heck yeah, we got this!

Bagpipe metal gets her pumped up like non other. 

Penguins, cause they are the best and if I said anything else @thadthrasherwould divorce me. 

It means to kick butt and take names. 

5.      If we had a mascot, what would his name be and how would you design him?

Maybe Ragnar. It’s pretty typical Viking name. He’d have lots of braids in his hair and one heck of a beard. Not too cartoonish, but not too realistic, just right. 

6.      The theme week this past week was life after the VHL, I want to change it up and ask about life before the VHL. When you were little what did you want to be when you were older?

I had many dream careers, including a janitor, ballerina, light house keeper, park ranger, bakery owner, and more. 

10 hours ago, Kisslinger said:

PRESS CONFERENCE

For week ending 24 Oct 2021

.1 well it is looking really good , I’m sure we’ll have some challenges

.2 My Player loves DMX

.3Rhe penguins are my favorite , and I like them because their owners have class from the top to the bottom!

4To be a Viking means to be a hard worker

.5 the Maskots name would be VIKE Nd be a big bearded man in a Viking suit.

.6 Whenn I was little I always wanted to be a hockey player 

1.      5-0 in our last 5, Do you think we can keep this pace up? Of course, we've got a great group and great goalie helping us along

2.      What is your players favourite pregame music to listen to? Usually either dubstep or hard rock with loud drums

3.      What is your favourite NHL team and why do you like them? Edmonton Oilers. I'm from Northern Alberta and how can you not love them???

4.      What does it mean to be a Stockholm Viking to you? It's pretty fun, cool logo, good team. I enjoy it

5.      If we had a mascot, what would his name be and how would you design him? His name would be Lars and he'd look like Tormund Giantsbane fro GOT

6.      The theme week this past week was life after the VHL, I want to change it up and ask about life before the VHL. When you were little what did you want to be when you were older? I wanted to go into radio and television or to become a electrician

1.      5-0 in our last 5, Do you think we can keep this pace up?

Oh yeah, I think we are the best team in the VHLE so the sky is the limit for us.

2.      What is your players favourite pregame music to listen to?

Probably something from AC/DC or Rammstein, something to pump myself up.

3.      What is your favourite NHL team and why do you like them?

I don't have favorite one, but I like Panthers, because they are earning me some money right now.

4.      What does it mean to be a Stockholm Viking to you?

It means a lot, because this is the first season for the team and every one of us is going to go down in history in the league and team.

5.      If we had a mascot, what would his name be and how would you design him?

His name would be Bjorn and I would probably make him look like Viking and Looney Tunes mix.

6.      The theme week this past week was life after the VHL, I want to change it up and ask about life before the VHL. When you were little what did you want to be when you were older?

Probably anything but hockey player.

Press conference

For weekending 31 Oct 2021

1. We have secured first place in the league and we are the first team ever to do so we in the E, was this your expectation?
2. Did you meet any individual goals this season?
3. What do you think contributed to our regular season success?
4. Do you think you’re making the jump up to the VHL after this season? Are you excited to do so?
5. Who is your favourite hockey player of all time?
6. Did anything change with your players training now that we are near the first ever VHLE playoffs?