Stockholm Vikings Press Conference

thadthrasher

On 11/27/2022 at 9:49 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

For the Week Ending Dec 4th (Can use for W/E November 27th though if you submit answers today) 
Answer 3 Questions for 1 TPE

Answer 6 Questions for 2 TPE

1. Getting close to half of the way through the regular season, what do you think of your player's performance to this point of the season?

I'm pretty happy, at the time of writing this Larry is 2nd in points, fourth in goals and is in a three way tie for assists, but I'm mostly surprised of how well he is playing to be honest.

2. What is your favourite hockey game/simulation engine of all-time?

Well I would like to say NHL but EA is well... But I'd probably say NHL Slap Shot on the Wii.

3. A lot of people don't add to the fighting attribute because it takes away from their ability to improve their players ability, but if you could upgrade your fighting without having to add TPE (e.g. pick the level you want your fighting attribute to be at), would you improve it to seek out more fights or leave it as it is because you don't want to be a fighter?

I would improve it a little bit because as a two-way power-forward its Larry's Job to be mean and physical.

4. Which VHL logo (can be VHL/VHLE/VHLM) do you like the look of the most?

Honestly I kind a like Phoenix's or the Houston Bulls.

5. Same theme of logos, but which VHL/VHLE/VHLM logo do you think is the least impressive?

This pains me to say this but probably Vegas's.

6. The trade deadline for the VHL is approaching in two weeks, in your history of following hockey, what was the NHL trade that you were most surprised by when you read about it?

As an Oiler fan, Hall for Larsson one for one was very surprising.

avJieZ4.png

For week ending December 11th (or December 4th if you submit answers today and haven't done a presser already this week) 

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE

Answer 6 questions for 2 TPE

1. We've had an unfortunate dip in form recently and currently sit in seventh in the standings, what do you think the key will be to bringing our team back up the standings?

2. It's been fairly close this season, with just eight points separating third from seventh place. What's the situation in sports in the real world that you remember being the most closely-contested?

3. Who do you think stands out as the team's MVP halfway through this season?

4. How early is too early to put up Christmas decorations?

5. So in the VHL back in the Season 50's, we briefly allowed members to have 2 players at the same time. If you could make a second player to accompany your first, what kind of player would you make and what would you call them?

6. The Career Point Tasks were recently amended, what did you make of the changes to them?

3 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

For week ending December 11th (or December 4th if you submit answers today and haven't done a presser already this week) 

1. We've had an unfortunate dip in form recently and currently sit in seventh in the standings, what do you think the key will be to bringing our team back up the standings?

I believe that spreading the scorers out on our lines could be something that might help our depth. It's definitely been a rough stretch of games for us, so I think it's worth trying.

2. It's been fairly close this season, with just eight points separating third from seventh place. What's the situation in sports in the real world that you remember being the most closely-contested?

Considering the World Cup is going on right now, many of its groups' placements for the knockout stage came down to the wire. Most notably, Group E with Japan, Spain, Germany, and Costa Rica. The final day of group stage games for those teams was crazy!

I definitely think Sadie or Larry deserve team MVP, because they've both been offensive powerhouses for us and came up clutch when we need them.

Putting Christmas decorations up right as Halloween ends during the first week of November is definitely way too early, in my opinion.

5. So in the VHL back in the Season 50's, we briefly allowed members to have 2 players at the same time. If you could make a second player to accompany your first, what kind of player would you make and what would you call them?

I would definitely make an offensive defensemen and call them either River Harrington or Riley McAdams, since that's a player idea that's been brewing in my mind already!

6. The Career Point Tasks were recently amended, what did you make of the changes to them?

I think the career PT changes were great, especially for the biography. Having it locked until the 8th season didn't make all too much sense to me but now, it's available to everyone, which is fantastic!

On 12/4/2022 at 5:09 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

I guess switching up the lines often works and gets you different results- of course it is also possible that the problem could right itself.

The first situation that comes to mind is the NFL playoffs virtually every year with seemingly 4 or 5 teams all vying for a spot in the playoffs with a real chance.

I think Larry Abass Jr has been absolutely electric and has been our MVP putting up unreal points and hits numbers.

I draw a hard line at November 20th but still I suggest waiting until the beginning of December.

I would most likely make a defenseman and would want to make a different style of player- as for what I would call them, possibly Brandon Petan Jr.

Honestly I did my Junior Review already and since I am not allowed to exploit the Hello Europe task it doesn't make much of a difference TPE-wise. I love being able to write the biography early and I am excited to see others' as well.

avJieZ4.png

For week ending December 18th (or December 11th if you submit answers today and haven't done a presser already this week) 

1. Just as I was about to submit these, I realised the top part of my post wasn't viewable in light mode on the site. Which site layout do you prefer, the light background or the dark background? (If you didn't know, you can change it using the moon button on the top left of the site).

2. It continues to be a closely run thing in the E, of the six main competing teams, who do you think is most likely to miss out on playoffs and why?

3. Despite their still being 16 games left in the season as of writing, Sadie St-Louis's 41 goal season has beaten the goal tallies of all but one player last season, do you think she can potentially match and break John Jameson's 51 goals from last season? 

4. Over the Christmas period, the league participates in a donation drive with the money earned from it going to charity, what do you think would be a good charity for the money to go to?

5. If there were to be an expansion or a relocation of a VHLE franchise, what city would you like to see get a franchise?

6. I recently went to an escape room for a Christmas party. Have you been to one before? If so, did you enjoy the experience? If not, would you like to go to one someday? 

1 hour ago, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

For week ending December 18th (or December 11th if you submit answers today and haven't done a presser already this week) 

1. Just as I was about to submit these, I realised the top part of my post wasn't viewable in light mode on the site. Which site layout do you prefer, the light background or the dark background? (If you didn't know, you can change it using the moon button on the top left of the site).

I definitely prefer the dark mode. I use it on almost every app that I have, because the light mode always burns my eyes when I first open my phone or laptop.

2. It continues to be a closely run thing in the E, of the six main competing teams, who do you think is most likely to miss out on playoffs and why?

I think Bratislava is most likely to miss out due to their decision to play a bot goalie for their backup games, and it could impact them in the standings.

3. Despite their still being 16 games left in the season as of writing, Sadie St-Louis's 41 goal season has beaten the goal tallies of all but one player last season, do you think she can potentially match and break John Jameson's 51 goals from last season? 

Yes! Sadie has a great build and with how consistent she's been all season, she can definitely break John Jameson's record.

4. Over the Christmas period, the league participates in a donation drive with the money earned from it going to charity, what do you think would be a good charity for the money to go to?

I think the proceeds should go to Good Sports, which is a charity that provides free sporting equipment to children who would usually not have access to them. 

5. If there were to be an expansion or a relocation of a VHLE franchise, what city would you like to see get a franchise?

In my opinion, Copenhagen would be a great city to add to the VHLE! 

6. I recently went to an escape room for a Christmas party. Have you been to one before? If so, did you enjoy the experience? If not, would you like to go to one someday? 

I have not been to an escape room before, and I would definitely like to go one day. It seems like a good way to work out your brain and collaborate with friends!

Edited by kirbithan

On 12/4/2022 at 3:09 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

once more people earn TPE we will be more competitive.

Definitely Sadie or Lachlan. Sadie been on a heater leading the league in goals and currently in a three way tie in points which I think they will definitely pass in the next few sims. Lachlan being phenomenal in net, even though the record doesn't show it they are stealing us games and keeping us in games that we shouldn't be in.

In my opinion, any earlier then like late November/early December.

I would make a two-way defensemen and name them something like Justin Schultz. 

Well being able to earn more TPE right a way could make it so people could compete in the VHL Earlier.

On 12/11/2022 at 2:57 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

The dark background.

I'd probably say Bratislava, even though in my opinion they have a top forward and d-core, there decision to play an AI goalie in some games could definitely cost them a playoff spot. 

I think there is a big possibility that she does break the 51 goal record because it seems like she is scoring every game.

Idk any charity names but ones that involved sports, or maybe for struggling families.

Zaragoza. Why you might ask, because it was the first name to stick out to me on google maps.

I went to one a few years ago, I enjoyed it. My group didn't exactly finish the room in time but the people there gave us like 10 min extra time because we were close and then we finished it.

On 12/11/2022 at 3:57 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

I love the dark mode because it's easier on my eyes since I'm always on at night mostly.

I don't really have any clue on who could miss out more likely to be honest it seems everyone has a chance this season.

I am a huge supporter of Sadie's and I believe she can do it!

Any type of cancer foundations or diabetes awareness as my grandpa has diabetes and it is a very serious thing. 

I don't know much European cities but I'd like to see maybe France get a team, it'd be cool to see a French team. I know France is a country but like choose a city in France anywhere in France would be nice.

I haven't been to a christmas party before and I don't really care for parties to be honest. 

On 12/11/2022 at 4:57 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

I prefer dark mode by a long shot- normally use it wherever it is an option and the light mode just tortures my eyes.

Well as I write this we are indeed eliminated from the playoffs. The season has been a good ride and we are a bit unlucky to miss in my opinion.

If I were to manage to score 5 or 6 goals in the next two games, yes. This is extremely unlikely, but it's true anything can happen.

Charities I would choose would be donation to cancer foundations or to causes that fight hunger.

I would love to see Stuttgart or Vienna with a team.

I have been to one with my friends and I did enjoy it. It was one meant for 6 people and not 2 but we still managed to get out.

avJieZ4.png

For week ending December 25th

1. So unfortunately, we missed out on the playoffs this season, but as a whole, what did you make of our performance this season?

2. With us entering the VHLE Playoffs now, who do you think will be the winner of the Renaissance Cup this season?

3. We recently had Theme Week where you submit a PT that fits a theme and it gets doubled. What do you think would be a good theme for future Theme Weeks?

4. We're in the time of year now where the weather can get terribly cold, any particularly cold fronts where you live recently or forecasted?

5. Getting close to halfway through the NHL regular season, who do you think is looking best to win it all based off of what you've seen?

6. One of the new players created in the VHL has the goal of having Vasteras removed from the VHLE! If you could remove one team in the VHL, which would you remove and why? 

1 hour ago, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

1. So unfortunately, we missed out on the playoffs this season, but as a whole, what did you make of our performance this season?

I was really hoping we could make a push for the playoffs this season, especially with the core of players that we had, but ultimately I'm pleased with how we played. We just got super unlucky with the sim engine and a few other factors. If they were in our favor, we could've finished a bit higher in the standings, for sure. 

2. With us entering the VHLE Playoffs now, who do you think will be the winner of the Renaissance Cup this season?

The Cologne Express look like they're going to continue to dominate through the playoffs, so I believe they'll win the Cup.

3. We recently had Theme Week where you submit a PT that fits a theme and it gets doubled. What do you think would be a good theme for future Theme Weeks?

I think a possible theme could be team brands/designs! It'd be cool to see certain logos reimagined or have members write about potential cities they want to see franchises in, etc.

4. We're in the time of year now where the weather can get terribly cold, any particularly cold fronts where you live recently or forecasted?

As a Californian, anything below 60 degrees Fahrenheit (15.5 degrees Celsius) is freezing to me, but we have had a couple nights where it dropped below 45 degrees (7.2 degrees Celsius). But to be fair, I do live by the ocean so the winds are pretty gnarly.

5. Getting close to halfway through the NHL regular season, who do you think is looking best to win it all based off of what you've seen?

The Boston Bruins have been on a tear, so I'd say they have the best chance to win it all, as much as I hate to admit it. 

6. One of the new players created in the VHL has the goal of having Vasteras removed from the VHLE! If you could remove one team in the VHL, which would you remove and why? 

I would remove Bratislava. For obvious reasons, of course.

3 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

Well are performance as a whole wasn't bad, we had a good core of people that if we did make the playoffs we would have definitely did some damage. But the thing that I think hurt us the most was losing more games then we should have against a Vasteras team with no defense.

Well the standings speak for themselves, Cologne has been a dominate team all year but I am going to go off the board and say Oslo goes back to back.

Random thought, maybe IRL, what I mean is what does your player do when they are not playing hockey or something like that.

Well were I live it got up to like (-40) - (-45) with wind chill a week or two ago but averaging around -25 and -30 with wind chill. The next few days there's a chance that we get a cold warning with temps reaching as high as -50.

Well I think everyone can agree that Boston is lighting it up. It does help when you have a goalie playing out of his mind and the team as a whole playing close to perfect hockey.

I'd agree with that, they were a pain in are side all season long.

20 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

I thought we definitely played better than the standings will show- we got unlucky a lot and the games we didn't show up in were the ones that mattered against other teams in the playoff race.

I think that Cologne, who has steamrolled through the league this year up to this point, will continue that and end up lifting the cup.

Maybe we could see a theme week of thoughts people have for improvement or what could be made better in the league (I don't really know and that's why I don't decide theme week)

On Saturday it's projected to be very cold which will be great since we already have more than a foot of snow where I live. Skiing will be awesome for a while.

I would legit say Toronto but we all know they will make it exactly to the first round. So I pick Dallas because they are super deep and talented in all areas.

I would remove London because I am not a huge fan of their branding and I generally don't love the city because I am a soccer fan (no offense London).

21 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

I think we did the best we could with the pieces we had, I feel bad because I couldn't update for some weeks so I feel like I dragged the team down. 

I think Cologne is going to win it.

I didn't even realize that it was Theme Week, I think, if it hasn't happened already, a Theme Week where you can make a PT talking about your favourite professional sport, as in team or sport or anything that has to do with your favourite sport.

It isn't really a cold front but where I live, it is -30 celsius and has been this type of weather for the past 2 weeks.

Boston looks really good but I am biased and I believe that Tampa will somehow get it done 20-9-1 playing the Leafs tonight should be a good test to see where they are as a team.

I would remove the Aces in the M because they're too greedy and won too many championships lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending January 8th

1. The VHLE Playoffs have been very tight at the minute with both semi-final series tied at 2-2. Which of the four teams left in would you consider to be the underdog?

2. Probably a couple of weeks left until VHLE awards are announced, Sadie has already won the award for most goals but do you think there will be any other Stockholm players winning awards this season? 

3. Next season we will no longer have Sadie St-Louis, Lachlan Summers or Larry Abass Jr. on our roster as they will be getting called up to the VHL (congratulations to the three of them!). How well do you expect them to perform in their VHL careers?

4. Do you have any standout moments from this season?

5.  With Lionel Messi winning the World Cup recently, there's been a lot of debate as to who is the best sports athlete of all time, who do you consider it to be?

6. What do you think would be more difficult, hitting the 12 TPE cap without using your keyboard or hitting the 12 TPE cap without using your mouse? 

Edited by MubbleFubbles

On 12/29/2022 at 1:53 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

1. The VHLE Playoffs have been very tight at the minute with both semi-final series tied at 2-2. Which of the four teams left in would you consider to be the underdog?

At the time of answering this question, the VHLE Finals are going on! I was shocked that Cologne was eliminated, but I believe Rome can be considered the underdog.

2. Probably a couple of weeks left until VHLE awards are announced, Sadie has already won the award for most goals but do you think there will be any other Stockholm players winning awards this season? 

Yes! I do believe we will have another Stockholm player win an award this season, because we had some amazing individual performances.

3. Next season we will no longer have Sadie St-Louis, Lachlan Summers or Larry Abass Jr. on our roster as they will be getting called up to the VHL (congratulations to the three of them!). How well do you expect them to perform in their VHL careers?

I think we will all have solid VHL careers, especially if we all keep earning consistently as we have been doing our entire time in the VHL so far. 

Lachlan's standout moment from this season was shutting out the first place Cologne Express 4-0!

5.  With Lionel Messi winning the World Cup recently, there's been a lot of debate as to who is the best sports athlete of all time, who do you consider it to be?

I am going to have to say Messi, because he has won every trophy attainable in the sport of soccer/football and has been a household name for many years. 

6. What do you think would be more difficult, hitting the 12 TPE cap without using your keyboard or hitting the 12 TPE cap without using your mouse? 

This is such a difficult question, but I think it would be more difficult to hit 12 TPE cap without using your keyboard because you can't even type a media spot or even a title for your point tasks!

On 12/29/2022 at 4:53 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

I would say that I think Oslo is the underdog now that they are 2-1 down in the finals. However, I do predict they will come back to win and cap off a surprising and exciting run.

I am so glad I managed to hang on to the goal lead- I expect I will see Abass Jr. getting an award for their outstanding production this year as well.

I hope that all of us end up having outstanding VHL careers despite being on different teams. I think the rookie year will be iffy and then we will see a huge increase stat-wise.

I would definitely say scoring at the very end of the season to win the goalscoring race, it was amazing.

Wayne Gretzky but no disrespect to Messi. He (Gretzky) just put up out-of-this-world stats and was so much better than the players around him. (honorable mention to alphonso davies)

Jokes on you, I don't use a mouse! But seriously I think it would be without using my keyboard because there are shortcuts.

On 12/29/2022 at 2:53 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

At the time of writing this Oslo is down 3-1 in the finals to Rome so I'd say Oslo is the underdog.

There were a lot of good individual seasons, so yes I do think other Stockholm player's will win awards.

It's hard to say how well some ones first year will go but I do think all of are first years may be a little slow production wise but I do think a couple seasons down the road Sadie and Lachlan will be top players in the league/in their respective positions.

Well I guess Individually would be scoring a few hat tricks and scoring 100 points.

Well its hard to arguing against Messi but as a big Hockey fan Id say Wayne Gretzky just because no one will ever beat some of his records.

I'd say a mouse just because you don't really need a keyboard for graphics. Also if your saying a physical keyboard I could just use a virtual keyboard. 

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending January 22nd

1.  With the off-season officially underway, what do you think of our team's chances heading into the season?

2. There's been a few calls for rule changes in the VHLE, namely regarding call-ups. Do you have any rule change suggestions for the VHLE?

3.  What did you make of the team's VHLE Draft performance?

4. We brought in Jacob Stone and Jack The Ripper in Free Agency to boost our defense this season, how pivotal do you see them being for us in S87? 

5.  Can anyone catch up to Connor McDavid in points in the NHL this season?

6.  I'm planning a "Best of 2022" VHL Awards Podcast this week and I've got some award categories down such as Best Team, Most Surprising Player and Best Change. What do you think would be another good award category for such a podcast? 

Edited by MubbleFubbles

On 1/10/2023 at 1:45 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

1.  With the off-season officially underway, what do you think of our team's chances heading into the season?

2. There's been a few calls for rule changes in the VHLE, namely regarding call-ups. Do you have any rule change suggestions for the VHLE?

4. We brought in Jacob Stone and Jack The Ripper in Free Agency to boost our defense this season, how pivotal do you see them being for us in S87? 

6.  I'm planning a "Best of 2022" VHL Awards Podcast this week and I've got some award categories down such as Best Team, Most Surprising Player and Best Change. What do you think would be another good award category for such a podcast? 

1. As one of the teams with almost a 6-4-1 roster, I think we have to be considered a contender going into the season. I don't know that we'll be the favorites to win it all, but it's hard to predict that at this point. We have a great chance to compete for sure. Get to the playoffs, and from there, anything can happen.

2. I think a players VHLE draft should follow the same principles of the VHLM where you are drafted in the first draft that takes place after you create. It might make the drafting a bit trickier for VHLE GMs, and maybe this is just because I'm looking at it from the perspective of someone who is playing my pre-draft year in the VHLE, but I like the idea. I do like the idea of call-ups being allowed up to the trade deadline, and if VHLM -> VHLE callups were going to be included in that, all VHLM players having a VHLE team to be called up to (see S88 draftees who could potentially be playing in the VHLE this season) would be ideal.

3. I think it went fine. Logan Foley seems like a good pick. He could be a contributor this season, and should definitely make an impact in the next. I think the team could have benefited from taking a defenseman prospect with one of the later picks, though I don't really see many that were available.

4. Considering defensemen seemed to be one of the holes the team had, with just Lloyd Braun on the roster, to go from that to arguably having the best group of defensemen in the VHLE is pretty big. By the time we get to the playoffs, it will be three 300+ TPE defensemen, something that no other team looks to have.

5. Not unless he gets injured.

6. Best Forum Thread, maybe. I know with the cultural shift to Discord, we might not get as many fun threads on the forum anymore, but surely there's still some fun discussion on here.

On 1/10/2023 at 2:45 PM, MubbleFubbles said:

avJieZ4.png

For Week Ending January 22nd

I think we're in a great spot! In my opinion, Stockholm is poised to make the playoffs and potentially go on a deep run this year.

I don't have any rule change suggestions that come to mind, but I'm sure the more time I spend around the league, I'll notice something at some point.

I thought our draft was good, our picks were smart and they should (fingers crossed) develop into good players.

I think they will be hugely important; shoring up one of the questionable areas for this team has made me a lot more confident in what we can do.

In my opinion, no. If he stays healthy, there is no player in this league who can keep on his pace, let alone catch up and pass him to win the Art Ross.

I know you've already done it (and it was great) but for next time maybe add Best Quote or Most Improved Player (idk if that's a thing).

avJieZ4_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

For Week Ending January 29th

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, and answer all 6 for 2!

1. How do you think your player will perform in S88? Do you expect great performance in a certain category?

2. Do you try to model your player’s style of play after anyone specific in the NHL/another league?

3. Which VHLE team do you think has the best chance of winning it all this year?

4. If you participated in one of the off-season tournaments that took place (Pro-Am/JST/WJC), how was/is it going for you? If you didn’t, what are your thoughts on those tournaments?

5. Would you rather live somewhere hot or cold- why?

6. What has been your favorite part of 2023 so far?

1 hour ago, sadie said:

1. How do you think your player will perform in S88? Do you expect great performance in a certain category?

2. Do you try to model your player’s style of play after anyone specific in the NHL/another league?

3. Which VHLE team do you think has the best chance of winning it all this year?

4. If you participated in one of the off-season tournaments that took place (Pro-Am/JST/WJC), how was/is it going for you? If you didn’t, what are your thoughts on those tournaments?

1. I would expect my player to be able to produce more offensive wise and get more points compared to my rookie season in the VHLM

2. I don’t really have a person that I modeled my player after.

3. I’m hoping the Vikings do this upcoming season. 

4. the JST tournament was rather enlightening as it showed what my player needed to improve on.

5. I rather live somewhere cold since the heat always drives me nuts. Can’t stand the heat whatsoever 

6. so far the best part of 2023 for me was when I poke checked a puck away from a player who was gonna perform a slap shot and instead I made him break his stick. 

On 1/22/2023 at 8:22 PM, sadie said:

1. I think more than anything, I'm expecting to get a decent number of assists. I've done fairly well in terms of shots blocked and hits in the VHLM last season and the JST in the off-season, but I think being on one of the better rosters, I might see those numbers go down. I think my assist total, while it will probably still be worse because I'm playing against much tougher competition, will be the highlight of my stats in the season. That being said, I'm still not expecting to do too great, but hopefully by the playoffs I can become a major contributor.

2. No, I'm just trying to be as good as I can be to be a great player all-around.

3. I think Cologne and Oslo look like the teams to beat, with the Storm having a slight edge if I had to pick one. I do think Cologne looks like the slightly better team now, but I think the Oslo roster will overtake them during the season.

4. I didn't even really notice I was playing in the JST for a while. My team didn't do too great, I think we were last going into the playoffs, but we won our first round in a good series. I had moderate success I think. I did quite well in the playoff series that we won. Really though, I didn't care much for the tournament and hardly paid attention.

5. It gets both hot and cold where I live, but I think as far as extremes go, it's more on the cold side. That being said, I choose hot because I'm sick of the cold.

6. My highlight of 2023 thus far has been the first day of the year. I had spent NYE through the following day at a friend's cabin with a fun group of people. It was a good time.