Stockholm Vikings Press Conference

thadthrasher

1. We're entering the home stretch now, with the Vikings winning three of four games against the Bratislava Watchmen to pull four points ahead of their threat to a playoff spot. What's your confidence level heading into this week's match-ups?

10/10. If you don't have confidence in yourself, what are you doing playing pro hockey, right?

2. Who has the team MVP been to this point?

Lots of candidates, but I think Pereira deserves it at this point. Hard to pass on a player that is sacrificing as much of himself as he has.

3. What is your secret to success on and off the ice?

I'm totally not a moth Nothing specific.

4. Thanksgiving has come and gone in the United States, is your tree up yet?

Nope, I don't plan on having a tree this year; I tend to keep totally to myself at home and help decorate communal trees (like one in our workroom).

5. I encountered snowfall on the way to work this morning, have you had to deal with snow yet this season?

Sadly no. I really like snow and where I live there's only maybe one snow a year.

6. Rumors swirling out of Chicago are that Corey Perry, who the Blackhawks brought in to be a father-type of mentor for Connor Bedard, has allegedly engaged in extramarital affairs with Connor's mother. On a scale of 0 to 10, how much did Perry understand the assignment?

Uh... I have no idea. 6.9?

• 2 weeks later...

1. We're entering the home stretch now, with the Vikings winning three of four games against the Bratislava Watchmen to pull four points ahead of their threat to a playoff spot. What's your confidence level heading into this week's match-ups?

Bwaaaagh! It iz da time for smashing e'? GO AND DO BIG SMASHES! Da Green Big Boss is feeling really, really confident! WAAAAGH!

2. Who has the team MVP been to this point?

It iz me! Grimgor Ironhide, always da big MVP!

3. What is your secret to success on and off the ice?

Don't eat a squig before a game and you fine. Eat a squig and you sleepin' like a damn stunty on his big grudge book.

4. Thanksgiving has come and gone in the United States, is your tree up yet?

What is this Thanksgiving you talk about? Do ya eat it? If so, invite me over and I will dominate any food given to me WAAAGH!

5. I encountered snowfall on the way to work this morning, have you had to deal with snow yet this season?

Big Snow all the time. Biggest of snows. Cold but I do like cold, you can eat the white flakes and they turn into watah' - it iz da best of it all! 

6. Rumors swirling out of Chicago are that Corey Perry, who the Blackhawks brought in to be a father-type of mentor for Connor Bedard, has allegedly engaged in extramarital affairs with Connor's mother. On a scale of 0 to 10, how much did Perry understand the assignment?

Who iz dat? Iz that Perry guy any goodz? I don't think so, if you are not a true stepdaddy after one night, you are NOTHING - that iz how Grimgor does it, it iz that da way!

• 3 months later...

avJieZ4.png

1. We're back, baby! With indexes being posted today and Season 93 set to begin on Wednesday, what are your individual goals for the upcoming season?

2. Who is someone on the Vikings that you are really looking forward to playing with?

3. What is your most memorable VHL/VHLE/VHLM experience so far?

4. What is your favorite word in the English language?

5. What's the most bizarre thing you've ever eaten?

6. Who is the most admirable person you've ever met?

4 hours ago, Doomsday said:

avJieZ4.png

1. We're back, baby! With indexes being posted today and Season 93 set to begin on Wednesday, what are your individual goals for the upcoming season?

2. Who is someone on the Vikings that you are really looking forward to playing with?

3. What is your most memorable VHL/VHLE/VHLM experience so far?

4. What is your favorite word in the English language?

5. What's the most bizarre thing you've ever eaten?

6. Who is the most admirable person you've ever met?

1. I think to play a decent rookie season! It will be hard as a goalie, but i just need to believe in the team in front of me and great things happen!

2. I think Trimiskez Artav! They had a good VHLM career and the same draft class as myself so i hope we can find some good chemistry!

3. Winning a cup with Toronto with my last player to end the career. I feel like that must be it

4. Uuuh a tough one. I like erode, no specific reason haha

5. hmm, I havent really eaten anything too bizarre. I guess a weird combo is Ice cream and hot sauce?

6. I would have to say a friend i made last year from school. Shes an amazing person and someone i look up to

image.png.a6067dff2a5938b747419937a9ab12c3.png

1. After the first twelve games of the season, the Stockholm Vikings are in first place with a 9-3-0 record! Do you think this is a sustainable pace for the team to maintain?

2. Who do you feel has been an unsung hero so far for Stockholm?

3. How is your VHL team doing so far?

4. What's a superstition that you believe or find memorable regarding the VHL?

5. What's your favorite sim league memory?

6. What video game/book/TV show are you spending a lot of time on lately?

2 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. After the first twelve games of the season, the Stockholm Vikings are in first place with a 9-3-0 record! Do you think this is a sustainable pace for the team to maintain?

2. Who do you feel has been an unsung hero so far for Stockholm?

3. How is your VHL team doing so far?

4. What's a superstition that you believe or find memorable regarding the VHL?

5. What's your favorite sim league memory?

6. What video game/book/TV show are you spending a lot of time on lately?

1. I think we will slow down a bit, but being in the top 3 is a very much a possibility and a goal

2. Is it bad to say myself? Fuck it, doing it anyways. I feel like without me in the net we wouldent be the top team currently

3. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum. Doing

4. Hmmm, If im able to, i sleep with a T-shirt on

5. I think my VHL cup with Toronto

6. I was gonna say MLB The Show 24, but my HDMI cable broke so now im unable to play it so let's say TFT!

1. Stockholm has returned to earth over the past week, how can the Vikings get back on track?

2. What are your opinions of the VHL's April Fools' Day joke?

3. What is your favorite April Fools' Day joke that you have pulled off, been victimized by, or experienced in some way?

4. Do you have your eclipse glasses yet?

5. What is a current trend that just doesn't make sense to you?

6. Do you believe the VHL needs to add more ways to earn TPE?

On 4/2/2024 at 6:38 PM, Doomsday said:

1. Stockholm has returned to earth over the past week, how can the Vikings get back on track?

2. What are your opinions of the VHL's April Fools' Day joke?

3. What is your favorite April Fools' Day joke that you have pulled off, been victimized by, or experienced in some way?

4. Do you have your eclipse glasses yet?

5. What is a current trend that just doesn't make sense to you?

6. Do you believe the VHL needs to add more ways to earn TPE?

1. We just need to improve as a team! Even if we dont make it fsr this year in the playoffs, we can keep most of our players hopefully and be better!

2. I completely forgot it and missed it😂

3. I liked SHL, PBE and ISFL one where they swapped commissioners

4. I do not! I think i might just sleep haha

5. There are a quite a few, but i think one that has gotten more publicity then it should have is gang violence and sh*otings etc.

6. Hmm. I feel like this is a forever question. I think instead of more ways, they should imploment a counter to the portal that shows how much tpe you have earned this week and how much more you can earn

1. It's been tough sledding for the Vikings lately, especially with scoring goals. What does Stockholm need to do to put more pucks in the net?

2. North America experienced their first total solar eclipse since 1978 on Monday, did you get to see it?

3. What's the most memorable NHL fight you've seen?

4. How is your player faring so far this season?

5. What is a food/drink that in your opinion receives too much hate?

6. Do you look forward to or enjoy the international games (World Cup, WJC) in the VHL?

On 4/10/2024 at 8:49 PM, Doomsday said:

1. It's been tough sledding for the Vikings lately, especially with scoring goals. What does Stockholm need to do to put more pucks in the net?

2. North America experienced their first total solar eclipse since 1978 on Monday, did you get to see it?

3. What's the most memorable NHL fight you've seen?

4. How is your player faring so far this season?

5. What is a food/drink that in your opinion receives too much hate?

6. Do you look forward to or enjoy the international games (World Cup, WJC) in the VHL?

1. I would say we just need to keep working and hope we can score more next season!

2. No, im not in NA

3. I dont think any has been that memorable, the one i can think of now is the team fight between New Jersey and New York

4. I think im doing solidly, always room to improve!

5. Ketchup and Spam

6. Yes if im gonna be playing for any team!

1. The trade deadline has come and gone, and the team Stockholm has is the team they will push to the playoffs with. With the fourth seed still in play, do you see the Vikings securing that spot?

2. As of the current moment, this is the first draft in some time that Stockholm holds all of their selections. What kind of impact do you see this having for next season's team?

3. The Vikings recently announced that they will be looking to hire an AGM. Who do you think would be a great fit for the position?

4. What do you think could help generate for excitement for the VHL World Cup and other international games?

5. A gorilla is hell-bent on fighting you, but you can choose one animal as your champion to defend you. What would it be?

6. What is the most memorable point task you have made or seen?

45 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

1. The trade deadline has come and gone, and the team Stockholm has is the team they will push to the playoffs with. With the fourth seed still in play, do you see the Vikings securing that spot?

2. As of the current moment, this is the first draft in some time that Stockholm holds all of their selections. What kind of impact do you see this having for next season's team?

3. The Vikings recently announced that they will be looking to hire an AGM. Who do you think would be a great fit for the position?

4. What do you think could help generate for excitement for the VHL World Cup and other international games?

5. A gorilla is hell-bent on fighting you, but you can choose one animal as your champion to defend you. What would it be?

6. What is the most memorable point task you have made or seen?

1. I think it will be a close battle with Rome that could end ether way, but I'm going to give us the advantage!

2. I think it will have a positive impact! Rounding out the roster with fresh talent and going to have the old players at 400ish tpe is gonna be a huge help

3. I could see a lot of people being good for it, I would probably say someone whose not fresh in the league and maybe has had few players would be ideal!

4. For the World Cup, Its hard to think of one, i think the WJC has a good buzz already bc it has M players. WC is a tough one tho

5. hmm. If it can be extinct animal maybe a sabertooth tiger. if it needs to be one currently alive, a hippo

6. VHL Scrabble (i still need to do the E/M version)

1. The regular season has come to a close, with Stockholm finishing in fourth place and securing the final playoff spot. Did this meet or exceed your expectations?

2. The Vikings will take on the top seed in the VHLE, the Oslo Storm, in the first round of the playoffs. Does Stockholm have what it takes to pull off a massive upset?

3. Who would you say is the regular season MVP for Stockholm?

4. The Season 94 Draft Class looks to be very deep again this season, who do you see being a potential steal?

5. Lately the VHLE has been relatively top-heavy, do you see a string of strong draft classes courtesy of the VHL Recruiting Team restoring balance and competitiveness to the VHLE?

6. What's your favorite holiday meal?

On 4/25/2024 at 3:56 PM, Doomsday said:

1. The regular season has come to a close, with Stockholm finishing in fourth place and securing the final playoff spot. Did this meet or exceed your expectations?

2. The Vikings will take on the top seed in the VHLE, the Oslo Storm, in the first round of the playoffs. Does Stockholm have what it takes to pull off a massive upset?

3. Who would you say is the regular season MVP for Stockholm?

4. The Season 94 Draft Class looks to be very deep again this season, who do you see being a potential steal?

5. Lately the VHLE has been relatively top-heavy, do you see a string of strong draft classes courtesy of the VHL Recruiting Team restoring balance and competitiveness to the VHLE?

6. What's your favorite holiday meal?

1. I think we met them, i was predicting us being in 4th or 5th

2. I think we can put up a fight, need some luck, but dont ya always

3. Is it too cheesy to say myself? Fuck it, its me.

4. I cant name a single player, but i think in 2nd or even 3rd round there will be players who we will go back to look and wonder why they dropped

5. I do believe so, making E a competitive league where everyone has a chance is good for VHL as a whole

6. Christmas Foods and especially ham. 

1. Despite a valiant effort against the heavily favored Oslo Storm, the Stockholm Vikings' season ended with a 4-1 season loss. What are your thoughts on Stockholm's postseason performance?

2. How confident are you feeling about the Vikings' odds going into Season 94?

3. The Oslo Storm will be taking on the Vasteras Iron Eagles for the Renaissance Cup, who's winning the championship this season?

4. Have you been watching the NHL Playoffs so far? If so, what was the biggest moment in your opinion so far?

5. How did you fare in VHFL this season?

6. Are you planning on participating in the ProAm this off-season?

8 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. Despite a valiant effort against the heavily favored Oslo Storm, the Stockholm Vikings' season ended with a 4-1 season loss. What are your thoughts on Stockholm's postseason performance?

2. How confident are you feeling about the Vikings' odds going into Season 94?

3. The Oslo Storm will be taking on the Vasteras Iron Eagles for the Renaissance Cup, who's winning the championship this season?

4. Have you been watching the NHL Playoffs so far? If so, what was the biggest moment in your opinion so far?

5. How did you fare in VHFL this season?

6. Are you planning on participating in the ProAm this off-season?

1. I think we showed Oslo what we could and thats what it got us, nothing to be ashamed, close games

2. I like our chances, might not be the best team in the league, but with good drafting we can look at 2-3 spot

3. I think Oslo has the better team overall and will take the cup in 6 games

4. I have not, if we arent counting some highlights and checking scores

5. I havent checked yet! Im gonna check after this

6. I dont know yet. I havent decided