Are playmakers a thing?

MetalToday

As I was creating my player, I got some messages telling me that the passing stat is useless, some told me to rest my player to get my TPE back. I didn’t think this was true, I gave it a chance and went for a playmaker as one of the best playmakers in the NHL Mitch Marner (Don’t talk to me about his recent play). I went for this player type and realised quickly in the VHLM and the VHLE that almost not assists were given to me. This was especially upsetting when I was one of the top VHLM members but got very low assist totals. Now I am starting to realise that this stat might be useless like I was told earlier in the year. I just don’t understand the point of it if what I am getting told is true, only the people who have been around a couple of year would know not to use this stat and not use it, but the new members use it, and they are not getting points. This will cause new players to become uninterested and leave the league very quickly. Players want points, and if they are dedicated to get TPE, most will expect good total points, but don’t get it. This ramble could be useless, and people might make fun of it, but if what I have been told about this stat is useless, I think it is warranted and should be noticed and fixed.

Yeah it's a bit annoying and def one of the worst things about STHS.  Just don't touch the stat going forward and you will get better!  It's weird but getting D to 99 should be first priority for any player regardless of position.

Edited by v.2

Just look at all the top scorers in the VHL this year as they all have meta builds that have zero TPE assigned to passing!! I agree that it is frustrating and not even remotely correct but hey we all should know the saying" Just roll with the punches that are thrown your way".

I also started with player making build and quickly learned it was going to be a mistake so switched to the two way forward build that I have now. It means less points but an overall better player for the team that can play both offensive and defensive.

Also not everyone cares about points as I care more about my plus/minus, face offs won before I look at the points as I rather contribute to the teams overall success then personal glory that leaves you feeling empty when your player misses the playoffs again.

I think you can be a playmaker with the right setup, just not something a newer player would know I guess. Faceoffs help alot with it from what I noticed and having scoring/passing the same, you are handling the puck a lot more so the chances are good you'll get a helper.

We all have been through this on our first players and I was upset as well my first time around but it fueled me to become better on my next. It really depends on who your GMs are throughout the journey because I've met some that are super informative and others that would rather chill.

My advice to the newer generation, keep chugging along, even if you might not be the highest in your class anyone can have a baller career and experience, missed TPE? Who cares! It helps diversify the league and as long as everybody is having fun.. Carry on!!

I agree to that it is frustrating, I wanted my player to be mainly a passer and I'm still staying on that road. I kinda find it more annoying the DF is the god tier stat that should be focused more than any other, I'm a stubborn guy though and I don't plan to move it past 80. I wanna do my own player build and I'll see where it takes me, it may not get me the most points but that's fine, I had fun trying a build I wanted to.

14 hours ago, BOOM said:

3,4,6,8,10 all have at least 75 PA. 

Okay, so you took my comment literally!! That also means 1,2,5,7 & 9 all have under 75PA meaning it is a 50% split and still supports the fact that PA doesn`t sim correctly!!