VHL - give Vancouver Wolves back to God

jRuutu

dOnKhDU.png

Finding the right tactics requires time and effort. Vancouver testers working hard to find the winning combination

It's time to turn our attention to the game. Something bad is going, and the end result is not going to be good. I think we are past the ''some users build scoring first builds'' - type of thinking when the whole team is built like that.  I'm, of course, talking about Vancouver. I think it's time we take a hard look into the mirror and ask ourselves: is it time to give the team back to God?

The discussion about the meta build has been going for some time now. Some say it's welfare players simply using the little TPE they make to build the best player possible. Is there even a clear ''best'' build out there? Or perhaps the league has too many teams and too few quality players these days to fight against a team that has the ''optimal'' tactical setup?

Last season showed us a clear example of what could happen in the future if nothing is done. Vancouver was a dominant team. The players in Vancouver also finished high in scoring statistics. For example, Jivere Zolnek had 133 points in 72 games.  A player like Zolnek should be lucky to play on the first line of a rebuilding team, but somehow Zolnek had the most point in the whole league.  Reinhart brothers scored well over 100 points, mediocre in TPE - superstar level in the sim. Eight players in Vancouver had 94 or more points. Granted, few of the players joined during the season. In the playoffs, eight players had 13 or more points in 16 games.

A common theme among all players in Vancouver was and is their player builds.  Seven players had 40 passing and 99 scoring. Five others players had clearly higher scoring than passing, but they had some passing in their builds. For example, Lamb with 42 in passing and Tucker with 70 in passing. Both had 99 in scoring.

It's a disgrace to the league that players like  Zolnek and The Reinharts can score such numbers. It's an even bigger disgrace that they played in a championship team and not in a bottom-of-the-league team where we have seen weaker players score higher numbers.

9R2EEZ4.png

To make things worse, the Vancouver players are openly mocking and challenging the league. Here is a quote from Aloe Dear, a player who recently joined Vancouver as a free agent:

''If the Vancouver meta team is problematic, then change something about the league to prevent it from happening again (whatever 'it' is)''.

Shameful comment, especially when we take into consideration the knowledge some in the Vancouver organization have on meta builds and its potential to ruin a league. They witnessed the exact same thing in another league. A ''meta'' build took over and the league ended up changing sim engines as there was no diversity or point to build something different.  Shitty teams and players were able to compete with the best.  In many ways, we saw that with Vancouver last year. A team full of average players with few good ones was able to dominate the league from start to the end. Only because they were built the ''right'' way.

Did the change of sim engines help in the other league? It did not. The same people kept doing test sims and trying things out until the same thing is happening again. By using certain attributes and building the team a certain way - the odds of winning increase clearly.  Is it time we start asking people not to be assholes and dicks in the sim as well?

Instead of getting rid of users who actively try to sabotage the league - the other league challenged them to do it again by changing the sim engine.  Do we need to go down the same road here? Do we need to let Vancouver players and organization claim some kind of ''legend'' status as the team that is going to do whatever it takes to win? They should be named and shamed. They should be removed from the history books.

If and when Vancouver is able to keep performing well above expectations, players around the league will take notice. They will join Vancouver as winning is the only thing that really matters in VHL.  Other teams and players will start to copy Vancouver's style. We have already seen how popular the low passing/high scoring is around the league. It's only a matter of time before more and more teams go ''all in''.  

It's easy to brush criticism off as people being jealous or haters. The fact is that Vancouver management and players are actively trying to get an advantage by using questionable player builds. Half of the team is players who claim welfare and affiliate TPE tasks. The general manager is a welfare player. Is there more telling evidence on what is going on and what needs to be done? The general manager, the leader of the team, is claiming welfare to build their player, AND they are building the low passing/high scoring player. HOW DOES A WELFARE PLAYER HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO MANAGE A TEAM? HOW INVESTED INTO THE LEAGUE A WELFARE PLAYER TRULY IS? DO THEY CARE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE FUTURE?

The welfare is clearly too much. We have general managers of teams thinking it's more than enough as they build their players via welfare.

What should the league do?

The first step is to fire Vancouver management. Suspend all the players who participated in last year's team, suspend them for 72 games. Remove Vancouver from the league and bring the team back home to Quebec. It's time that the league focuses on what happens in the sim and game instead of just forum behavior. If you can suspend someone for weeks for saying bad words in Discord, you can do the same for someone clearly trying to sabotage the league. For example, a general manager being a welfare player, clearly building their player towards the meta build and running the team the same way.

Are you waiting to get evidence of them saying: ''I'm cheating''? There will never be such evidence.  We don't need to watch three or four seasons of mediocre teams playing well above expectations, maybe even winning the championship to decide wheter something shady is going on. Look at the index of S80. Study the players, look at the portal. That Vancouver team should not win the championship. Those players should not score that much. If that is not cheating, what is?

(1050)

15 - 21.11

22.11 - 28.11

4 hours ago, jRuutu said:

To make things worse, the Vancouver players are openly mocking and challenging the league. Here is a quote from Aloe Dear, a player who recently joined Vancouver as a free agent:

''If the Vancouver meta team is problematic, then change something about the league to prevent it from happening again (whatever 'it' is)''.

He literally said he may not end up joining Vancouver because our team is meta, and that he would get hate for it. Anyways, if you read the rest of the article it isn't a taunt. It's asking the league to do something.

Instead of getting rid of users who actively try to sabotage the league - the other league challenged them to do it again by changing the sim engine.  Do we need to go down the same road here? Do we need to let Vancouver players and organization claim some kind of ''legend'' status as the team that is going to do whatever it takes to win? They should be named and shamed. They should be removed from the history books.

I'm not GMing if we switch to FHM. I also don't support a switch to FHM.

If and when Vancouver is able to keep performing well above expectations, players around the league will take notice. They will join Vancouver as winning is the only thing that really matters in VHL.  Other teams and players will start to copy Vancouver's style. We have already seen how popular the low passing/high scoring is around the league. It's only a matter of time before more and more teams go ''all in''.  

Reno (Aloe Dear) said he might not end up joining Vancouver despite it being his best option because of the hate he'd get for it. Another FA who rerolled his player to be 40 99 also said he just won't play for Vancouver. And one chose another team over us.

5 hours ago, jRuutu said:

It's easy to brush criticism off as people being jealous or haters. The fact is that Vancouver management and players are actively trying to get an advantage by using questionable player builds. Half of the team is players who claim welfare and affiliate TPE tasks. The general manager is a welfare player. Is there more telling evidence on what is going on and what needs to be done? The general manager, the leader of the team, is claiming welfare to build their player, AND they are building the low passing/high scoring player. HOW DOES A WELFARE PLAYER HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO MANAGE A TEAM? HOW INVESTED INTO THE LEAGUE A WELFARE PLAYER TRULY IS? DO THEY CARE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE FUTURE?

Well two parts here. I have NEVER told anyone how to build their player. I took over the team last season, so lets go down the list of players I had and acquired. Zolnek, Tucker, Nilsson, Frost, and Kamkar were already on the team. The two Reinharts were picked while I was AGM two seasons ago, but were also BPA at 2nd and 3rd overall in the draft. Pines and Lamb were traded for, but they were also the only players being sold and we were sitting in 1st/2nd with Chicago at the time, so I made those moves to improve the team. Let's see that just leaves R who would be the only person I went out of my way for because they had a good build, but I've also been friends with the user for 3 years so just a good person to bring in?

And wait until you find out the Chicago Phoenix GM DOESNT EVEN HAVE A PLAYER. And I think doing welfare is exactly how I have enough time to manage a team xd

5 hours ago, jRuutu said:

Last season showed us a clear example of what could happen in the future if nothing is done. Vancouver was a dominant team. The players in Vancouver also finished high in scoring statistics. For example, Jivere Zolnek had 133 points in 72 games.  A player like Zolnek should be lucky to play on the first line of a rebuilding team, but somehow Zolnek had the most point in the whole league.  Reinhart brothers scored well over 100 points, mediocre in TPE - superstar level in the sim. Eight players in Vancouver had 94 or more points. Granted, few of the players joined during the season. In the playoffs, eight players had 13 or more points in 16 games.

wrap it up, just assign points by everyone's TPE ranking.

Just to clarify, my refusal to play for Vancouver has nothing to do with meta builds. I've refused to play for the Wolves for 20+ seasons. I rerolled to help fight regression and have 88 tpe plus whatever I earn this season. That has to go somewhere as I hate wasted tpe!

54 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

1.He literally said he may not end up joining Vancouver because our team is meta, and that he would get hate for it. Anyways, if you read the rest of the article it isn't a taunt. It's asking the league to do something.

2.I'm not GMing if we switch to FHM. I also don't support a switch to FHM.

3.Reno (Aloe Dear) said he might not end up joining Vancouver despite it being his best option because of the hate he'd get for it. Another FA who rerolled his player to be 40 99 also said he just won't play for Vancouver. And one chose another team over us.

4.Well two parts here. I have NEVER told anyone how to build their player. I took over the team last season, so lets go down the list of players I had and acquired. Zolnek, Tucker, Nilsson, Frost, and Kamkar were already on the team. The two Reinharts were picked while I was AGM two seasons ago, but were also BPA at 2nd and 3rd overall in the draft. Pines and Lamb were traded for, but they were also the only players being sold and we were sitting in 1st/2nd with Chicago at the time, so I made those moves to improve the team. Let's see that just leaves R who would be the only person I went out of my way for because they had a good build, but I've also been friends with the user for 3 years so just a good person to bring in?

5.And wait until you find out the Chicago Phoenix GM DOESNT EVEN HAVE A PLAYER. And I think doing welfare is exactly how I have enough time to manage a team xd

6.wrap it up, just assign points by everyone's TPE ranking.

1.  The comment is almost begging the league to do something.  Basically alternative version of: ''what are you going to do about it?''. Those are fighting words.

2.  That's cool, let's hope there wont be a switch

3.  Dear still joined. The 40/99 build was still made. Great the other player chose another team - for now.

4.  Some GM's know a lot about the sim, some are great in keeping people active and chatting in the LR, some are great at drafting, some are lucky, perhaps most are some kind of combination of those. But you are suggesting you are just lucky? Quite few players happened to be there, but pretty much everybody is building their players the same way. It just happened.

5.  :o How is that possible?  I imagine there is no point for you to do extra when being welfare earner and lucky gets you the championship and nice amount of points.

6.  Exactly, the best team should win. Those who work the hardest should almost always be at the top. The players of those users should be the best. Teams with the most of those type of users should almost always win. That is the way it should go. Some mediocre, average TPE earners should not be anywhere near the top.

28 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

1.  The comment is almost begging the league to do something.  Basically alternative version of: ''what are you going to do about it?''. Those are fighting words.

I mean yeah. The "exploit" has been around for a year and a half now and nothing was done. Now the league is actually acknowledging the issue. His whole article is saying that right now is a a moment for the VHL to do something about it. Either Vancouver does well and the league can do something to fix it, or Vancouver doesn't do well and the league doesn't have to do anything. Anyways, the issue was brought up in BoG and I've given my feedback on how to fix it

31 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

4.  Some GM's know a lot about the sim, some are great in keeping people active and chatting in the LR, some are great at drafting, some are lucky, perhaps most are some kind of combination of those. But you are suggesting you are just lucky? Quite few players happened to be there, but pretty much everybody is building their players the same way. It just happened.

No, as you've said I obviously know it's strong. Just the difference is I haven't gone out of my way to do this. All the players on the team were already here or would make sense to acquire even if I didn't know that having low passing and high scoring was strong. They've also all chosen to build their players this way. I haven't told anyone how to build their players. Like if your trying to compare us to Hamilton in the SHL, the difference is I haven't told my entire team to build this way, nor would I ever.

Just a friendly reminder that open discussion is welcome, however please stay away from personal attacks or insinuating people's characters. The "Meta" issue is well known and has been in discussion for awhile at all levels of the community.

2 hours ago, tfong said:

Just a friendly reminder that open discussion is welcome, however please stay away from personal attacks or insinuating people's characters. The "Meta" issue is well known and has been in discussion for awhile at all levels of the community.

I don’t insinuate, I know @Frank is a downright scoundrel.