Mid-season VHLE Power Rankings

KaleebtheMighty

As a VHLE GM, and given the current environment, I wanted to try and garner some more attention with some power rankings for the VHLE. We're at the halfway point more or less, and why not toss some rankings around for this league as well as some standout players? (RANKINGS BASED SOLELY ON MY INDIVIDUAL RESEARCH AND OPINIONS) 

**POWER RANKINGS AS OF DECEMBER 14th, 2021**

KaleebtheMighty's VHLE Power Rankings

WGQPfcG.png

#1: Bratislava Watchmen (28-11-3, 59 points)

*Currently ranked 1st in standings*

Standout Player: John Baard @Birdman - 26G, 37A, 63 points out of 42 games played (1.5 ppg), +/- of 16

hOXLAcC.png

#2: Istanbul Red Wolves (28-12-2, 58 points)

*Currently ranked 2nd in standings*

Standout Player: The Red Menace @NickSunderbruch - 0.928 SV%, 2.84 GAA, 4 SO, 20 Wins out of 31 games played

8GoqeuV.png

#3: Rome Gladiators (24-15-3, 51 points)

*Currently ranked 4th in standings*

Standout Player: Noah Mashford @Mashy - 16G, 38A, 54 points out of 28 games played (1.92 ppg), +/- of 23

PUOsdYS.png

#4: Cologne Express (24-13-5, 53 points)

*Currently ranked 3rd in standings*

Standout Player: Kyosti Karjalainen @UnkemptCL4PTP - 31G, 45A, 76 points out of 42 games played (1.81 ppg), +/- of 16

qtRccA8.png

#5: Stockholm Vikings (21-12-9, 51 points)

*Currently ranked 5th in standings*

Standout Player: Aldwin Craig @Eldredman - 20G, 28A, 48 points out of 42 games played (1.14 ppg), 204 hits (4.86 per game)

Ww4kP3O.png

#6: Vasteras Iron Eagles (19-22-1, 39 points)

*Currently ranked 6th in standings*

Standout Player: Braxton Hunter @dshervill - 30G, 41A, 71 points out of 42 games played (1.69 ppg), 204 hits (4.86 per game)

#7: Oslo Storm (15-24-3, 33 points)

*Currently ranked 7th in standings*

Standout Player: Brussels Sprout @Liberty_Cabbage - 37G, 39A, 76 points out of 42 games played (1.81 ppg), +/- of -5

#8: Geneva Rush (9-29-4, 22 points)

*Currently ranked 8th in standings*

Standout Player: Clinton Giftopoulos @Thranduil - 15G, 25A, 40 points out of 42 games played (0.86 ppg), 159 hits (3.79 per game)

Now to take this a step further, I'd like to explore the possible playoff matchups that could occur with the top 2 teams from each conference advancing. This will be conducted using the standings as they sit currently.

In the Northern Conference, the playoff matchup would be as follows:

PUOsdYS.png  VS  qtRccA8.png

Right now, the games played between the 2 teams are even (regular season series is 3-3). But what I think the driving edge will be in this matchup is offense. Cologne has 4 current players in the top 10 in points for the season. The combination of those players will push them to the finals, but just barely.

NORTHERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFF PREDICTION: COLOGNE beats STOCKHOLM in 7

In the Southern Conference, the playoff matchup would be as follows:

WGQPfcG.png  VS  hOXLAcC.png

The Red Wolves currently hold the lead in the regular season series against the Watchmen, having not lost a game to them (4-0). And I think a combination of their stellar goaltending and defensive game continues them forward into the finals.

SOUTHERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFF PREDICTION: ISTANBUL beats BRATISLAVA in 5

Now of course I'm not going to make any predictions for the finals, because I don't want to say anything that jinxes anything. And of course this could have worked as a media spot but I already bought a free week due to the fact of my daughter being born last Friday and I was unsure how much time I was going to have. Ah well. Hope you enjoyed this!

2 minutes ago, nurx said:

While this is the correct choice i cant help but brag about how my player is doing lmao

Screenshot_20211214-191541.jpg

Brag away, you're killing it in Oslo! You could very well be the standout player for Oslo when S81 is complete 👀

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 11:44 PM, Spaz said:

This was a great article choice honestly, I fucking love this!!! P.s. just please don't jynx us lol

So um... maybe I just shouldn't write any predictions about our team in the future lol