A Very Bana Dream Team

Banackock

One of the more enjoyable weeks during the season has finally arrived and the commissioning team has decided to go with Dream Teams for the theme week. I have no complaints and yes, it has been done before. I've always wondered why it has to be something like this and not something similar to what the SHL does with the Player Tasks. It's also something similar I do with the Seattle Bears Press Conferences. Make it fun! Make it goofy. Make it funny. It'll make things interesting and engage and captivate our members. Either way, as the league grows and gets older (and new members), it's fun to see everyone's thoughts. I had a few options here but I think the last time we did this I did an "ALL SEATTLE DREAM TEAM" and I think this time around I'm gonna try and make an ALL BANA PLAYERS DREAM TEAM. LET'S DO THIS!

GOALIE

S41 or S42? - Blake Campbell - (BANA)

I think this was my first, or one of my first ever players in the VHL. His first season in the VHL would have been in S43 and he played for the Stockholm Vikings. During this period, I really enjoyed working with @boubabi and the Vikings team and it's why I love the team so much right now. I honestly believe they should have came to the VHL and not been wasted in the damn E. Campbell had a very solid career, ended up making the hard choice to leave Stockholm and win an Aidan Shaw and cup with NYA and I believe the GM was @Advantage. The immediate off-season after winning the cup, I became an FA. NYA has other goalie plans so cut the Aidan Shaw guy from their team. Options were limited so I burned on a sinking ship in CGY with @eaglesfan0366 for my final season. All in all, shitty ending but a very fun and memorable career. His player stats are not on the portal so we will include them below.

S43 STO - 19W- 1L - 1OTL - .930SV% - 1.4GAA - 8SO

S44 STO - 44W - 15L - 5OTL - .917SV% - 1.93GAA - 6SO

S45 STO - 29W - 27L - 8OTL - .912SV% - 2.62GAA - 4SO

S46 NYA - 45W - 15L - 4OTL - .918SV% - 1.92GAA - 7SO

S47 NYA - 52W - 8L - 4OTL - .924SV% - 1.68GAA - 14SO

S48 CGY - 20W - 38L - 5OTL - .917SV% - 3.04GAA - 2SO

-------------------------------------------------------------

6 SEASONS - 209W - 94L - 27 OTL - 41 SO

DEFENSE

S54 Aleksei Federov - (BANA) - D

D-man turned Forward, but his d-man days were pretty damn good. When he swapped to forward, he was also a very good player in the league at that time. Over 200 goals, 400 assists and 600 points, they rank 14th overall for Seattle Bears all-time points and had a very solid career overall. They won a continental cup with Seattle in S59. I think the position change was for their final 2 seasons, but may have been the final 3. Nothing more than that though! I had a very fun time with this player and it made me really enjoy the defensive position.

S62 - Maxim Kovalchuk - (BANA) - D

Kovalchuk has to be one of my favorite players. Same as Federov, for team needs, swapped to forward after S67 and funny enough, the moment they switched was the moment their career went a little less. I think they were always top of the league for d-men points and stats usually. Ended up winning 2 cups in 68 and 69 and numerous other defensive awards throughout his career. This career was the icing on the cake for me loving the defensive position and is why I'm in it again with Maxim's "son".

FORWARD

S62 - Vyaecheslav Smirnov - (BANA) - C/F

This career was cut too short and it's too bad but it was a casualty of PP2, being a GM player and the team needs of the Seattle Bears. 62 goals, 86 assists, 149 points in his rookie season and I think that record might still stand for most points from a rookie. Who knows in this high scoring era though... after that, he had a very consistent, good career. Never below 36 goals or 82 points. Finished with 223G, 286A, 509P in 360 games. Wasn't on a meta team ok. 

S55 - Mattias Forsberg - (BANA) - C/F

Always a C, always for team needs. C are always a little more tough to build too as you have some extra attributes which become important and you can't pile all your TPE into PH, SC, DF and become a beast right away. You have other duties! I honestly forgot about this player but got a cup with Seattle in 59. Another GM player? I don't know. Either way, spent most of their time in Seattle like the rest of them. As their career went on, got much better. Similar to Smirnov, a casualty to team needs and retired early :( 

S49/S50 - Sven Wolf - C/F

It was between Sven Wolf and S74's Isabella Campbell. Honestly? Both hand similar careers. Slow out of the gates, better towards the end. Isabella won a Continental Cup with Seattle in S77. Wolf played during the Holik era with @Beketov and while the team had AMAZING success in the regular season with two Victory Cups, they always fell apart for whatever reason in the playoffs. Despite this and it being pretty damn hard losses to take, it was a very fun group of players and times. Sven Wolf also was a goalie but position swapped, was a pass first play maker and SIMILAR TO THE OTHERS, was a casualty to GM/Team needs and retired early!

Tons of good players I've had over my time and I'm sure I will have much of the same as time goes on. I've had players that have had moments of stardom, but I don't think I've ever been a full elite star for the entire career. Kovalchuk might be the closest thing to that and I guess that's why they're HoF. I got a pretty damn good feeling about Mikhail Kovalchuk though so I guess we'll see of. Of these players, I'd have to say Smirnov's rookie season was the most fun season and Campbell and Kovalchuk likely being my favorite overall careers so far. 

1,037 words (2 weeks)

Feb 21-27 -> theme week 6 capped, 6 uncapped.

Feb 28 to March 6