Unofficial VHLM Magazine

nurx

Hey VHL,

I am currently attempting to get a group of people together who are currently in the VHLM or members who just recently left the VHLM who would be interested in writing/creating graphics for a VHLM Magazine. It would require to write/create a an article/graphic every week or every other week. (not sure if we will be weekly or biweekly) I have talked to a few updaters and you will be able to get the TPE you would get from the article if it weren't posted under the VHLM Magazine cover. This would be 2 TPE for short article or 6 TPE for long articles. If you create graphics it would be 6 TPE or 2 TPE depending on what you do. If you are interested either message me on the forum or reach out to me on discord nurx#2889.

If you are an existing member that wants to help out in the way or editing or anything similar reach out as I am looking for a team of editors to help put this together every week! 

I can't wait to see our first magazine!

Cause VSN notoriously is mismanaged, and over works and under pays staff 👀 

VHL magazine would provide an opportunity for more members to collaborate rather than the same few writers/designers doing the same things over and over while no one else can join (pending staff turnover). 

Great to see magazine coming back though. I wanted to do this a few years back as well just never enough time and still don't. 

• Head Moderator
49 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

Cause VSN notoriously is mismanaged, and over works and under pays staff 👀 

VHL magazine would provide an opportunity for more members to collaborate rather than the same few writers/designers doing the same things over and over while no one else can join (pending staff turnover). 

Great to see magazine coming back though. I wanted to do this a few years back as well just never enough time and still don't. 

But why would you want all different people all the time? If we're talking about a product here, then ideally you want the best product on the shelf, not rotating staff that makes it hard to incorporate or have the mag look different every week.

Also don't VSN collaborators just get paid out the same as if they were doing point tasks? So if they submit a column into the mag, its just paid out as a point task.

Edited by Baozi

15 minutes ago, Baozi said:

But why would you want all different people all the time? If we're talking about a product here, then ideally you want the best product on the shelf, not rotating staff that makes it hard to incorporate or have the mag look different every week.

I think ideally VHL is a community-based forum and runs on incorporating all members into activities where and when it's possible. This isn't Sport Illustrated or TIME. Having rotating designers and writers based on who wants to do it also caters to individuals schedules and allows newer members to practice, improve, get experience, and be involved - this is the way. 

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Community-based magazine where all can have opportunities to contribute with wavering quality >>>>>>>>>>>> repeat product with unrealistically high standards and pressure on those who need to have output

And yes should be all PT regardless :)

17 hours ago, nurx said:

Hey VHL,

I am currently attempting to get a group of people together who are currently in the VHLM or members who just recently left the VHLM who would be interested in writing/creating graphics for a VHLM Magazine. It would require to write/create a an article/graphic every week or every other week. (not sure if we will be weekly or biweekly) I have talked to a few updaters and you will be able to get the TPE you would get from the article if it weren't posted under the VHLM Magazine cover. This would be 2 TPE for short article or 6 TPE for long articles. If you create graphics it would be 6 TPE or 2 TPE depending on what you do. If you are interested either message me on the forum or reach out to me on discord nurx#2889.

If you are an existing member that wants to help out in the way or editing or anything similar reach out as I am looking for a team of editors to help put this together every week! 

I can't wait to see our first magazine!

Just to clarify because this has been posted in VHLM discord channels as a job opportunity

At this time, this is not a paid position or job that the league has given permission for

18 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

Just to clarify because this has been posted in VHLM discord channels as a job opportunity

At this time, this is not a paid position or job that the league has given permission for

Yes this is true. I hope nobody has been confused by any of this!

• Head Moderator
22 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

I think ideally VHL is a community-based forum and runs on incorporating all members into activities where and when it's possible. This isn't Sport Illustrated or TIME. Having rotating designers and writers based on who wants to do it also caters to individuals schedules and allows newer members to practice, improve, get experience, and be involved - this is the way. 

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Community-based magazine where all can have opportunities to contribute with wavering quality >>>>>>>>>>>> repeat product with unrealistically high standards and pressure on those who need to have output

And yes should be all PT regardless :)

I mean more like PTs are basically community based articles we reas and partake in. The vhl mag was like a professionally done thing so certain standards were set by the editors.