Jardy's Not-so-Nodesode #12: SpAMming about the VHLM

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION IS ADVISED*

Ranting ahead.

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Jardys-Not-so-Nodesode-12-SpAMming-about-the-VHLM-e1f8ith

Holy GD shit, I got a guest on the Nodesode! And it's @samx again, I'm double dipping with her. That sounds bad. Anyway, we bitch about the VHLM for nearly 50 minutes straight. We give brilliant suggestions to @Beketov and @VHLM Commissioner . I don't have time to go through and timestamp though or really remind myself precisely what we talked about, sorry! It's in the back half for sure probably.

This 3 point podcast is longer than my 6 point podcast which we recorded first. Also due to a Discord malfunction I spent a similar amount of time editing this one! Enjoy.

TFW you listen to a podcast you aren’t tagged in and you get called a piece of shit 😮

Just on the AJ point since you maybe made it seem like he’d done the opposite of what you suggested GMs should do when they start to lose activity, he actually gave me plenty of heads up as to his declining activity, I made the decision to keep him as AGM as long as I did though because I know peak AJ is as energetic and helpful a VHLM GM as I have seen, and given this was his first instance of this, I wanted to give him some time to figure out if his declining activity was just going to be a small blip or a potentially longer thing. If he were to come back to activity later on, I would fully endorse him to return into a VHLM GM Role

Edited by MubbleFubbles

21 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

TFW you listen to a podcast you aren’t tagged in and you get called a piece of shit 😮

Just on the AJ point since you maybe made it seem like he’d done the opposite of what you suggested GMs should do when they start to lose activity, he actually gave me plenty of heads up as to his declining activity, I made the decision to keep him as AGM as long as I did though because I know peak AJ is as energetic and helpful a VHLM GM as I have seen, and given this was his first instance of this, I wanted to give him some time to figure out if his declining activity was just going to be a small blip or a potentially longer thing. If he were to come back to activity later on, I would fully endorse him to return into a VHLM GM Role

I wasn't aware of that, but I was actually trying to use AJ as a good example in a very poor analogy. My overall point was that though he lost his job, it was on overall good terms and he would get hired back more easily than someone who floundered out of activity.

Just now, JardyB10 said:

I wasn't aware of that, but I was actually trying to use AJ as a good example in a very poor analogy. My overall point was that though he lost his job, it was on overall good terms and he would get hired back more easily than someone who floundered out of activity.

Ah OK cool, I did think you were going that direction at first when you started the point in the podcast, but I think I got confused with you saying about it being a bad example where in hindsight it makes sense cause you were talking about his firing for updating multiple accounts rather than me letting him go last week (which I thought you were talking about). Sorry bout that! 

1 hour ago, thadthrasher said:

Awww, Jardy was sad to see me move.

ily boo

But, for real, the best thing suggested in here was a performance review of GMs. I think this is a good idea all around.

@Beketov,basically @samx just says that she thinks you're cool

I knew I said something specific to bek but couldn't remember what. I guess I just said he's cool lmaoo

"E Boom and Bust cycle"

For Geneva and Oslo it's been a bust and bust and bust cycle so far, especially Oslo.

"M Boom and Bust cycle"

My view on this is that if you all in to the point of having nothing the next year in the M. You are actively making your players next season have a worse experience, which is pretty much the polar opposite of what your job is about. You're supposed to make it the best starting experience for those players, and winning more one season to completely ruin the next season doesn't make sense. Are your players this season being slightly happier more important than your next season's players not being miserable?

"Sam loves 1st gens"

That sounds like 3 week TPE ban to me!

"Helping new members is awesome"

That part of the JST was really what made me set my sights on going for a VHLM GM job. I just legitimately love teaching, and that experience was so much of that. Seeing what Team Clue members have been doing is so much more rewarding than what Bo has been doing on the ice or w/e.

"Sam brings out the spoon and wants everyone to get fired"

😱

"Performance Review"

Sounds like a massive amount of work, so Spartan will probably apply for it. But it does sound like a good idea, if anyone was willing to do it.

"Shit kick Miami"

Still finishes behind Miami smh! But yeah Miami's waiver game last season wasn't great. I think it was me, Buddha, Ben's multis and Sen only?

"Jardy needs to do a podcast with Bek"

Drunk History podcast when?

"Commishes don't want to murder the league"

Yes, Bek only wants to murder other commishes, it is known!

"Next Episode with Shindigs"

Just need to find a time that actually works, I'm so busy being a multi that it's hard to line it up with your TZ.

Also how is this a node?