S82 Calgary Wranglers Team Awards

Ricer13

Another season has come and gone for the Calgary Wranglers. Their last season competing with their old core and what a season it was. They fell short in the playoffs but had one of the best seasons to date over the last "meta" phase of the league. Lets dive into our team awards for the season!

Top Shelf Award

The winner of this seasons Top Shelf Award goes to Reylynn Reinhart. Reylynn joined the Wranglers this seasons coming off a disappointing tenure in Davos. She had discussed with the Wrangler's management group about her desire to switch to a foward. Doing so injected and immense amount of offense into the Calgary roster. She finished with 56 goals in season 82 which is the highest total during GM Kris Rice's time at the helm. She was absolute force out there for Calgary all season long and worked hard to deserve this award.

Rybak Trophy

The Rybak Trophy is given to the player who held the highest point total during the regular season. This season's winner Reylynn Reinhart finished with a team leading 110 points which was 5 points ahead of the next player on the team. This is also the highest point total GM Kris Rice has seen in Calgary during his tenure. Reylynn did it all for this team and though it was only for one season her efforts will not be forgotten. Congatulations Reylynn Reinhart on winning The "Rybak" Trophy.

Sheriff's Badge

The Sheriff's badge is awarded to the player who best exemplifies leadership on and off the ice during the regular season. This seasons award winner was the captain himself Phil "The Rock" Johnson @Phil. He led the way on the ice having a career year in almost every statistical category that wasn't hits. Where Phil shines the most though is off the ice and in the room with the team. He is always a teammate who will support the rest of the team no matter the results. The result at the end of the day doesn't deter him from wanting to be a Wrangler for life. Congratulations Phil "The Rock" Johnson!

Jubis Memorial Trophy

This award is my favorite one to hand out. It is given to the member of our team who best exemplifies the potential to have long term success in the VHL. Now this is partially about their player and the potential success that player might have but it is more to do with the involvement in the league they have done for themselves. This member has stepped into a management role down in the VHLM, he is one of the more likeable and social players in various different areas of the league, whether that be in his own locker room or in various tournament discords such as the Victory ProAM or the JST. I see great potential in this member and for that I would like to congratulate Daniel Janser (aka Kurt Janser) @Daniel Janser on being awarded the Jubis Memorial Trophy for season 82.

Last Line Award

The Last Line Award is given to the top defensemen during the regular season. I feel this seasons winner is a very obvious choice! We did have a few defenders who had excellent seasons but this one had the best. Tom Eagles @Greg_Di had a career year in Calgary. He finished 2nd in team scoring with 105 points as a defensemen. He hit a lot of personal bests in a number of statistical caterogies and won himself a Jake Wylde Trophy as the leagues top Defensive Defensemen. For a defensemen who really had solid career years in the shadows, he finally stepped into the light and showed the league just what he can do. Congratulations Tom Eagles on winning this seasons Last Line Award.

Young Buck Award

This seasons Young Buck Award winner is Goaltender Ben Dahl @Ben. He was one of the top goalies in the VHLE last season leading the Stockholm Vikings to a second place finish during the regular season. He finished with a 28-11-4 record in 43 games played and had a .922 save % and a 3.29 GAA. They fell short in the post season but the performance Dahl put on last season shows a lot of promise and his future in Calgary looks bright. He looks to step into the starting Goalie position as Sirkants Klamasteris has retired. This is a great opportunity for the young goalie and Calgary is excited for the future of this player.

Most Valuable Wrangler

There are a number of players that could have been chosen for this award. In my opinion, one stands out above the rest. Sirkants Klamasteris @hedgehog337was the back bone of this Calgary roster. Each and every game he gave this team a chance to win. He didn't always get the run support needed but every player on that roster valued highly what Klamasteris brought to this team. Even in his final season as an aging goaltender Klamasteris put up some of the best numbers in the league. He left big shoes to fill in Calgary and we are grateful for the time he put into this team as we chased for that elusive championship! Congratulations Sirkants Klamasteris on being the season 82 Most Valuable Wrangler.

Top Media Spot

The top media spot this season is being awarded too Gutislav Nasherov @Vat. His dream team article really stood out for me as he wrote a really good breakdown on his dream lineup to play alongside with. Some of those players happen to be current and ex Calgary Wrangler's so that may have given him some bonus points on winning this award ;)

Top Graphic

So I never knew how good this member was at making graphics until he started dropping them in the Calgary LR this past season. @DollarAndADream has made some absolute gem's this season and the one I have chose is the graphic he made for our new goalie Ben Dahl. It is perfection! Its simple, laid out nicely and the effects aren't too over bearing. It absolutely deserves some praise!

Top Podcast

The podcast game is quite thin in this league hence the reason we usually have repeat winners :P. A new person has entered the podcast game at least that I have seen recently and I feel he deserves some recognition for his work. Our Top Podcast winner is @jRuutu! He does a great job in this podcast which isn't planned out at all. He does it all on the go and did a really great job. Check it out if you're looking for more podcasts to listen to!

That wraps up our season 82 edition of the Calgary Wrangler Team Awards! Congratulations to all the winners, we will back for the season 83 awards next offseason!

1000 + words

Edited by Ricer13

• 2 weeks later...