VSN Presents: S82 VHLM Awards

nurx

unknown.png.49ed57288648d2ad520a769c2aa75e20.png

Hello everyone and welcome to the S82 VHLM Awards. We will begin at 10pm EST. I would like to congratulate everyone before we start on having a great season and I am excited to see how everyone performs in their future!

It has come to my personal favorite part of every season, awards time. It is a time where we can look back upon the season with fond memories and honor those who helped make it special. This season is no different after a great Founder's Cup series that went the distance to game 7. After that game one fateful team got to raise the cup and be ingrained in history, but not every team gets to be remembered in this way and instead will only have the stats and stories from their season. I hope everyone enjoys the show; welcome to the S82 VHLM Awards!

Ethan Osborne Trophy - Points Leader

This player played extremely strongly throughout the season and helped lead the Miami Marauders to a great season and the playoffs. A name that I expect to see often throughout their career congrats to the Ethan Osborne Trophy winner.

Spoiler

Igor Molotov @Dom

Alexander Chershenko Trophy - Goals Leader

Again this player was a force offensively and had a way of burying the puck. This player took their teams single season goals record with their performance this season. I would like to congratulate the winner of the Alexander Chershenko winner:

Spoiler

Igor Molotov @Dom

Vladimir Boomchenko Trophy - Assists Leader

While not only being a strong player in putting the puck in the net they were also a playmaker throughout this season. Once again taking another team record this time being the single season assists leader for the Miami Marauders. I would like to congratulate the winner of the Vladimir Boomchenko Trophy: 

Spoiler

Igor Molotov @Dom

Ryan Sullivan Trophy - Top Defenseman

The winner of the Ryan Sullivan Trophy is awarded to the Defenseman who best shows their defensive capabilities in the regular season. This season this defenseman helped lead the Houston Bulls to a Prime Minister’s Cup and a very close kiss with the Founder’s Cup. While being very strong in the defensive zone they were not a liability offensively and were involved in 121 goals putting them in 5th league overall in points. The winner of the Ryan Sullivan Trophy is:

Spoiler

Hammar Voss @BOOM

Benoit Devereux Trophy - Top Goaltender

The winner of the Benoit Devereux Trophy is the league's best Goaltender throughout the regular season. This player led the league in SV% through the regular season while helping lead the Miami Marauders into the playoffs. This goalie played exceptionally well while having a tough defensive pairing in front of them throughout the season winning 37 games in 66 games. The winner of the Benoit Devereux Trophy is:

Spoiler

Jay Saucey @ToooSaucey

Mat Bentz Trophy - Top Two-Way Forward

The Mat Bentz Trophy is awarded to the regular season’s best two-way forward. This season this player controlled the offensive end of the ice winning four offensive awards already, but also put up very good defensive stats throughout the season. The winner of the Mat Bentz Trophy is:

Spoiler

Igor Molotov @Dom

Skylar Rift Trophy - Playoff MVP

The Skylar Rift Trophy is awarded to the player who is voted to be the best player in the playoffs. This season this player had very good numbers during the regular season before blowing up and leading the Saskatoon Wild to the Founder’s Cup. This player shutdown teams defensively while also tying for first in points and goals throughout the postseason. The winner of the Skylar Rift Trophy is:

Spoiler

Brian Kowalski @Wheaties

Mitch Higgins Trophy - Most Valuable Player

The winner of the Mitch Higgins Trophy is awarded to the player who is voted to be the VHLM’s most valuable player throughout the regular season. This season this forward  controlled the ice both on the offensive side and defensive side of the ice. This player helped Miami to get a 6th place finish league overall and 2nd place in the Eastern Conference. They already have won three awards tonight after leading the league in offensive stats. The winner of the Mitch Higgins Trophy is:

Spoiler

Igor Molotov @Dom

Jack Reilly Trophy - Top General Manager

Every season the Jack Reilly Trophy is awarded to the General Manager who performs the best throughout the season. This GM led the Saskatoon Wild to the Founder’s Cup and made 3 major trades which would help them secure the hardware. The winner of the Jack Reilly Trophy is:

Spoiler

Thanks everyone who came out to the VHLM Awards! This season was a lot of fun and it is exciting to see the young stars begin their career. I hope everyone enjoyed the season and the awards. Congrats everyone who won an award and I hope to see your name in the VHLE and VHL awards!