Coming Back

So uhh... Hey. It's been a while hasn't it?

A lot has changed since I left the VHL. A lot of new faces, but still a lot of familiar older ones. Now before I start going off and reintroducing myself, I wanna clarify that I've been gone for only a few months. Though I'm making it sound like I'm an ancient relic of the past. With that in mind, uhh hey! If you don't know me, I'm JigglyGumballs. Most people simply refer to me as Jiggs. I've been a member of the VHL since June 2020 so technically I'm heading towards year two now. So that's nice. In terms of contributions in the VHL, I've been an AGM and eventually the GM of Las Vegas in the M for a period of time.  Sorta did some weird draft picks and made some dumb trades. Also spammed the term "TRADE THE PICKS TRUST THE PROCESS" when I could. Anyways, I guess this is my shameless attempt to milk TPE out of a sort of catch up post on what I've been doing since I left so if you don't really give a shit. Then uh, how's it going chief?

To start things off, why come back now? Well, I did say in my last post that when I feel comfortable of earning the max amount of TPE per week again, I'd return to the VHL. So here I am attempting to fulfill that promise. Along with that the introduction of a new stats system that overhauls the previous meta. I thought that it might be a good time to come back and learn all the new stuff. In terms of my player, I honestly kinda want to dick around with my build. It's leaning towards another defensive defenseman like how I did my last player, but I'm really hoping for a more goon build that only makes slapshots. If this becomes a viable build as part of the new meta, then you're welcome for ruining the new attributes.

In terms of irl stuff. Uh to those interested, I've applied for a college now. Yay... I'm also struggling to find a job because I didn't consider getting any sort of work experience or volunteer hours earlier in highschool. Double yay... And guess what, I got COVID and extended my spring break by two weeks LET'S GOOOOO. Depressing shit aside, I'm doing really well now. After an honestly disappointing experience with COVID, I'm at the back half of highschool. I've spent a lot more time with my friends and just been enjoying life on a day by day basis. In terms of what I want to achieve in my second coming in the VHL, I hope to some day go back to the GMing/AGMing scene though I'm not quite ready for that now. I also hope that I can be just as active as I was before. With all the new changes and new faces, I really want to re-experience the VHL in a new light. So excuse me in advance for being a dumbass and not knowing new things. So yeah. I'm back, and I hope I don't die and become inactive anytime soon.

Suzumiya Haruhi Ok GIF

533 words.

Hello, resident burnout legend Plate here coming at you live with some quality advice

First of all, you should have signed with San Diego. @Shindigs is an absolute goon. 

I'll speak on behalf of everyone and say that you were genuinely missed. You achieved a feat that not many members do. You broke the 1000 TPE threshold as a first-gen. On top of garnering plenty of experience in the VHLM as a general manager. Trade the picks, trust the process. That is the mentality of a general manager who puts their locker room at the forefront of their mind. That is the mentality of a general manager that embodies the values of the VHLM. To create an active locker room and have a sustainable community in one of the most marketable franchises in the VHLM. 

As someone who's a bit of an expert at burning out, and as someone who NOBODY would be surprised by if I left tomorrow, I can tell you this as much. The VHL is not about; 

• Maxing out every week (Though every GM out there agrees with this but won't openly admit otherwise)
  • Meta builds (Though most people will try to make their scoring as high as possible anyway)
  • Being the best GM and making the best trades (Though I wrote a 5k mega article about it)

The VHL is a forum-based simulation hockey league. You, the BoG, me, and everyone else is here for fun. That is why you were missed. Because you made the VHL experience fun for everyone you came across, even when you fucked up in a bad trade. 

On a more personal note, I'm glad that you're feeling better from COVID. You'll find employment that's sufficient. The issue you're having now is not uncommon for people your age. Once you find a job and work at it for a bit, your inexperience will turn into experience. 

It's going good, chief. Welcome back.