Ctots Ctalks - VHL 11: Mostly Answering Questions

ctots

https://anchor.fm/ctots/episodes/VHL-11---Mostly-Answering-Questions-e1igibf

Answering questions from @Thunderand @Shindigs - thanks again guys!

*Created for people who are cool with profanity* (I think there might just be a single instance of foul language in this episode. Scavenger hunt!)

Happy Monday, friends! If you want me to answer your questions on a future episode, the link is in my sig. There’s no backlog!

If you want to be a guest in a future episode, let me know! I’d be happy to talk to anyone at all - rookies, boomers, clickers, max earners, you’re all invited.

Mentions: @JB123 @Berocka @JardyB10 @samx @fishy 

and a ghost mention for @Tate after the fact to include you in the list of podcasters with content that makes me feel like we’re friends (or however I worded it at the time.)

I do have a job and I’m kind of a piece of shit to get a hold of, but I’d love to pair up for a podcast one day! Also I think you’re more of a known quantity than you realize, but maybe I’m just saying that because I’m an out of touch podcast stan.

Also you have impeccable wife getting strats - take notes kids! 

I think throwing a snowball at a window is fine, I imagine yours was too icy and your teenage noob brain didn’t consider that.

Ooooh, some “I love you” ASMR, this episode is full of seduction techniques. 69/10, a very nice episode.

5 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

I do have a job and I’m kind of a piece of shit to get a hold of, but I’d love to pair up for a podcast one day! Also I think you’re more of a known quantity than you realize, but maybe I’m just saying that because I’m an out of touch podcast stan.

Also you have impeccable wife getting strats - take notes kids! 

I think throwing a snowball at a window is fine, I imagine yours was too icy and your teenage noob brain didn’t consider that.

Ooooh, some “I love you” ASMR, this episode is full of seduction techniques. 69/10, a very nice episode.

yeah getting jardy to podcast usually involves some danger level which yk.... when his laptop dies mid podcast there's always that slight fear that he just drove off a cliff by accident cause it's jardy.

Yes you know me and I don't know you. you know my deepest darkest secrets. kidding I felt the same way about jardy for the longest time. he was the podcast guy and I knew him but he had no clue who I was... well he did but not actually he thought I just liked beer or some shit like that.

21 minutes ago, samx said:

yeah getting jardy to podcast usually involves some danger level which yk.... when his laptop dies mid podcast there's always that slight fear that he just drove off a cliff by accident cause it's jardy.

I don't think Jardy lives within 1,000km of a cliff so you're safe. 

22 minutes ago, Enorama said:

If anyone could make it happen regardless, it's Jardy.

21 hours ago, samx said:

Yeah no cliffs to be had in these parts. I could pummel a deer or take a literal spin into a ditch though.

i really wanna visit that stream

"i'm not chasing a hall of fame career"

that's the best way to guarantee an enjoyable time in the vhl

parasocial is a good word

i feel teh same way about listening to people's podcasts

ctots let's do a podcast together

2 hours ago, fishy said:

i really wanna visit that stream

Next time I'm there I'll try to take a picture!

2 hours ago, fishy said:

"i'm not chasing a hall of fame career"

that's the best way to guarantee an enjoyable time in the vhl

tbh most times I don't even look at box scores unless it's to gas up the Oslo players.

2 hours ago, fishy said:

parasocial is a good word

Thanks, I stole it.

2 hours ago, fishy said:

i feel teh same way about listening to people's podcasts

ctots let's do a podcast together

Deal. That's contractually binding.

2 minutes ago, fishy said:

didn't we all do that with every word

If I would ever be called into to stand at court as a witness and they ask to make my testimony 'in my own words', I swear I will make a language up and kauderwelsch through the examination... totally worth the contempt of court charge ;)

On 5/16/2022 at 7:41 PM, Enorama said:

I would not put it past Jardy to handcraft a manmade cliff just for this purpose (Exhibit A the almost removal of his facial hair by fire when he burnt the underwear N0HBDY bought off him)

"My money is on the Aces"

Good pick! Also we have made 0 trades during the season, just had some solid waiver pickups. I think the main reason for the points vs. Gdiff thing is that we usually lose by 1 goal and win by like 7. So there's that.

"Nobody is going to care about the Blue Jackets"

As you mentioned, yeah that's pretty much a year round thing.😅

"Venison Question"

How I'm hungry, thanks!

"WoW stuff"

So you were a filthy casual?😅 I haven't played since early Warlords. I used to solo MC on my Prot Paladin back in WotLK, it was actually a decent way to earn gold at the time. Fun times. It also let me collect the Banana shoulders set so I could put that on (pre-transmog) while we had downtime in raids to trigger all the other Paladins.🤣

"The Blue Jackets police show up since you can't remember player names"

That's how they get you!

Hope the team keeps growing too, there's a fair bit of potential there. Just have to get some kind of consistency and growth out of it.

"Community Experience"

It counts for sure, it's a large part of what makes the VHL what it is.

Also the VHLE draft as a AGM was a really fun experience for me as well, since it was my first "real" draft.

"Jardy Podcast"

Incoming, knowing Jardy it's going to take a while. Maybe not to actually record it, but probably to post it.😅

"Uh oh I'm falling"

Literally and figuratively. Worked out in the end, though.

"Evil window breaking ctots"

How could you?!