2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Well he could net a hell of a return which could help them out after Jones gets some experience under his belt. But yeah it makes it so Rask won't be so worn out once they head back to the playoffs too. But talent like that, you don't want to let it go to waste.

Bruins are just making good moves with contracts that they feel may be too high for them going forward.

Brovy, Bieksa was not going to be traded to Boston. Boston was not going to take a contract that high in return. They want picks.

Flyers just drafted the best player outside of McDavid and Eichel.

Did I say he was going to Boston? I said the Canucks were trying to move the contract so they could acquire Dougie. Reading comprehension.

Did I say he was going to Boston? I said the Canucks were trying to move the contract so they could acquire Dougie. Reading comprehension.

Maybe then don't be lazy by putting things like "otb", I speak english not text messages.

Also I like the Canucks pick though a defensemen would have been better imo. Hope this guy turns out to be a game changer and an exciting player for the Canucks.

They have more defensemen than quality forwards. It was a safe pick

Maybe then don't be lazy by putting things like "otb", I speak english not text messages.

Lol rekt and dont go running to ur mommy brovy cuz i aint gonna save ur ass

Edited by Munk

They have more defensemen than quality forwards. It was a safe pick

Name one quality defensive prospect besides Corrado?

Up front there is Cassels, Virtanen, Shinkaruk, Baershi, Mccan, Guance and more, getting one of the three swedish defensemen would have been better in my opinion. 

Also Sabres made some really good moves today, acquiring Lehner and a proven player in O'Reilly and drafting a franchise player. On top of who they already have (Girgensons, Kane,  Reinhart, Rasmo, etc) I am really looking forward to watching them next season.

I'm pretty excited for Brock Boeser being a Canuck, but I agree I thought they would go defense like Brandon Carlo or something. I'm still happy with Boeser though.

LA with Lucic, that team is going to be even rougher than they already are.

Buffalo adding Lehner, ROR, Eichel and Evander Kane? That's pretty sick.

I'm excited for Grigorenko in Colorado though as well. He has the Patrick Roy coaching connection so I think he'll step his game up. Zadorov is a big add to the Avs also.

Name one quality defensive prospect besides Corrado?

Up front there is Cassels, Virtanen, Shinkaruk, Baershi, Mccan, Guance and more, getting one of the three swedish defensemen would have been better in my opinion. 

Ben Hutton, Ashton Sautner, Audrey Pedan and Anton Cederholm. 

Kendrick you're constantly trying to talk shit to Brovy and it's hilarious.

I'm not talking shit, I'm proving that a closer eye on things would allow him to not make such incorrect statements. I've been in a draft room before (albeit a WHL one) and prospects aren't graded on hype/news buzz like he seems to think. Just because they aren't talking about a prospect everyday like they are with Cassels and Shinkaruk, doesn't mean the prospects isn't rated as high. You also have to keep in mind that Goaltenders take the most to develop, followed by defensemen. Forward's defensive inabilities can actually be worked out at the NHL level, whereas defensemen's inability to play defense has to be addressed before the NHL.