2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Almost, is the keyword. Almost isn't a win. Miller is fucking terrible.

Gaunce, McCann, and Hutton had very good games tonight, though. Best Canucks not named Horvat. Need to see them against more NHL competition, but I'm tempted to say management needs to make space for them on the roster. Gaunce especially should make the team with Higgins' injury. Nice to see some of the kids coming to play at least. Horvat is just fun to watch. The Hamhuis-Bartkowski pairing was solid through regulation as well, I could see that sticking.

Wait, what's that, I was mostly positive in this post?

But yeah, Miller still fucking sucks. I want Lack back.

But Lack isn't there, so have to make due with what's left. Youth, youth and youth!

If Prust, Vey, and Sbisa got dropped so we could have Gaunce, McCann, and Hutton I would be so happy. All three have had excellent pre-seasons.

If Prust, Vey, and Sbisa got dropped so we could have Gaunce, McCann, and Hutton I would be so happy. All three have had excellent pre-seasons.

See I can agree there. In regards to what each brings to the squad, they are useless. Vey seems like a blackhole for offence. Sbisa looks as lost as someone can look and I don't know Prust enough to comment on.

See I can agree there. In regards to what each brings to the squad, they are useless. Vey seems like a blackhole for offence. Sbisa looks as lost as someone can look and I don't know Prust enough to comment on.

The biggest issue with Prust is that the team is already paying Dorsett $2.5 million to be the same player, but a few years younger and a lot faster. He's redundant. Vey and Sbisa don't need any further explanation.

I wish McCann or Gaunce would make the team instead of Vey. Coach seems to have a thing for Vey though. McCann and Gaunce have been very impressive.

Hutton definitely deserves a spot on the blue line as well.

Also yeah, Canucks almost won. Horvat actually was very close to scoring on his breakaway before the Flames went the other way and won it.

Also yeah, Canucks almost won. Horvat actually was very close to scoring on his breakaway before the Flames went the other way and won it.

They shouldn't have needed overtime to beat that Flames team, though. The OT winner was in large part Bartkowski's fault for losing his man, but all three regulation goals on Miller were awful.

They shouldn't have needed overtime to beat that Flames team, though. The OT winner was in large part Bartkowski's fault for losing his man, but all three regulation goals on Miller were awful.

Yeah, I agree. They should have performed better. Seems like the veterans are kind of coasting, because I suppose they know they make the team regardless. The youth are the ones who are trying hard out there, which makes sense.

Miller I'll give him one of those shortside goals, but you're right he probably shouldn't have let in them. I'm not gunning for his head though just yet. Eddie Lack is like a .94something% in the pre-season so far though, which is horrible for a Canucks fan to see. Not like any of us didn't expect that though.

I just want Demko to develop into something great, then I'll be happy. Unless Markstrom improves in spades this season or Miller plays like his old superstar self, we're going to need Demko sooner than later.

Markstrom's lateral movement looks much better than it did in the Calder Cup Final, so I have hope for him yet. That was his biggest issue that I could spot while following the Comets' playoff run. We're going to need one of the two to step up and replace Miller soon, possibly even this season.

Yes replace this season, because you have to gun for a playoff spot....yawn. Who cares how they do, progress for the future.

Or because it'd be nice for Markstrom to suddenly realize his potential. I don't think it's going to take much to surpass Miller this year.

Miller is def a shell of his old self at this point. Horvat is amazing. I actually was impressed with Hutton this game. He improved from that 1st game in Vancouver against San Jose. The game with Marleau and Thornton. Not the game on the island. Because the game with the regulars Hutton seemed like he was lost against the regulars. He made a lot of mistakes and im pretty sure 2 goals were his fault because he lost his man. 

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure that the success of the Canucks this season will depend on Miller. Markstrom might be able to handle it, but who knows.

He definitely looks a lot better in his movements. That was his problem in the NHL before is he can't handle the fast paced across the ice plays.  Kind of like me when playing Be a Pro Goalie in NHL 16.

Miller is def a shell of his old self at this point. Horvat is amazing. I actually was impressed with Hutton this game. He improved from that 1st game in Vancouver against San Jose. The game with Marleau and Thornton. Not the game on the island. Because the game with the regulars Hutton seemed like he was lost against the regulars. He made a lot of mistakes and im pretty sure 2 goals were his fault because he lost his man. 

Hutton has been arguably the Canucks' best defenseman so far. He's as cool and confident defensively as Tanev. It's sad that he'll probably end up in Utica because they'll want to be using Sbisa, Weber or Corrado instead. Corrado easily stays because there's no way he'll pass through waivers.

Hutton has been arguably the Canucks' best defenseman so far. He's as cool and confident defensively as Tanev. It's sad that he'll probably end up in Utica because they'll want to be using Sbisa, Weber or Corrado instead. Corrado easily stays because there's no way he'll pass through waivers.

I have no issue playing Weber or Corrado. Sbisa however? Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Or because it'd be nice for Markstrom to suddenly realize his potential. I don't think it's going to take much to surpass Miller this year.

It doesn't matter what he does, he won't be an NHL starter. Guy has played 50 games in the NHL and has a close to 3.00 GAA average. He is not going to be good. His five hole is as open as a 7 Eleven (hint: 24/7).

Edit: Not to mention a .900%

Edited by Kendrick

It doesn't matter what he does, he won't be an NHL starter. Guy has played 50 games in the NHL and has a close to 3.00 GAA average. He is not going to be good. His five hole is as open as a 7 Eleven (hint: 24/7).

Pretty much what I've thought since we traded for him. I can't help but try and stay positive about it though...

You can only be a promising prospect for so long.

Martin Jones and Cameron Tablot beg to differ. they dont have 50 starts in the NHL but now their #1's. but than i guess theyve played for the Rangers and Kings so their stats are better than Markstroms who played for Florida and Vancouver. 

Martin Jones and Cameron Tablot beg to differ. they dont have 50 starts in the NHL but now their #1's. but than i guess theyve played for the Rangers and Kings so their stats are better than Markstroms who played for Florida and Vancouver. 

But they are still in the feel out process. Markstrom had time and then got sent down, when he came back up (after being amazing in Utica) he still was crap. He buckles under the NHL pressure.