2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

I've heard from a buddy close to the story the following:

Has confirmed that another one of the girl's friends was at Kane's house at the time of the alleged incident, playing ping pong with one of Kane's buddies.  The friend said nothing seemed amiss at the time of the alleged incident, and expressed doubt on her friend's account of the story.

So when you couple your own friends (who were there) not believing it, along with your family portraying a not-so-elaborate hoax on an evidence kit which has been proven not to be the actual kit, the doubt starts to creep in.

Also in the civil suit discussions between Kane side & girl's family, family asked for $3M, Kane countered with $100K.  

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+empathy

Realistically most teams put a "Corrado" on waivers. Yes he is young, but he wasn't progressing like other players have. It makes sense and in the grand scheme of things you can thank Gillis for that.

It doesn't make sense because the Canucks didn't have to expose him to waivers in the first place. For some bizarre reason, they just decided not to put Higgins on LTIR or something like that.

Also, apparently Kassian is being suspected as switching seats with the person who ended up in the driver seat. Obviously hard to prove without photo evidence though. His injury though may prove that was the case.

He broke his nose, assuming there was blood and the air bag opened. There should be DNA all over it.

Wouldnt be surprised if he was all coc'd out and didnt wanna risk completely screwing over his career so decided to blame it on some dumb chick lol.

I cant believe that they would risk him going on waivers. Not the fact he was outplayed by depth player and/or Mccann.

Who cares? If a player plays himself off a team why would it matter if he goes to waivers? You won't get anything for him.

It doesn't make sense because the Canucks didn't have to expose him to waivers in the first place. For some bizarre reason, they just decided not to put Higgins on LTIR or something like that.

Would that not mean keeping 8 defensemen on the roster?

Canucks only had to drop two players (really only one because Biega was a for sure goner) but decided playing Corrado as an eighth d man was not going help him. So they decided to send him back to get way more minutes.

Who cares? If a player plays himself off a team why would it matter if he goes to waivers? You won't get anything for him.

Cause thats a lost asset in an organization that is looking for assets lol.

He broke his nose, assuming there was blood and the air bag opened. There should be DNA all over it.

Wouldnt be surprised if he was all coc'd out and didnt wanna risk completely screwing over his career so decided to blame it on some dumb chick lol.

Broken nose doesn't mean blood for the record. The average person breaks their nose and has no clue about it. DNA may be found there but how are you going to prove it was him behind the wheel at that given time?

Coc'd out? Are you referring to cocaine? Because I think it was a drinking issue and cocaine wasn't his reported drug of choice.

Cause thats a lost asset in an organization that is looking for assets lol.

Vey is an asset? I'm not sure why you aren't really getting the whole "Vey was a blackhole" "Isn't worth anything" part. If he gets claimed on waivers, sweet that means the Canucks clear room in an organization looking for quality players, not cap fillers.

Broken nose doesn't mean blood for the record. The average person breaks their nose and has no clue about it. DNA may be found there but how are you going to prove it was him behind the wheel at that given time?

Coc'd out? Are you referring to cocaine? Because I think it was a drinking issue and cocaine wasn't his reported drug of choice.

Thats why I said assuming his nose bled when he broke it. If he was behind the wheel it would be on the air bag that came from the steering wheel no?

Also yes cocaine. I feel like they would not send him to a substance abuse and behavioral health program for a drinking problem.

Vey is an asset? I'm not sure why you aren't really getting the whole "Vey was a blackhole" "Isn't worth anything" part. If he gets claimed on waivers, sweet that means the Canucks clear room in an organization looking for quality players, not cap fillers.

They traded a 2nd for him. If they lose Vey that is a lost asset. Common now.

Thats why I said assuming his nose bled when he broke it. If he was behind the wheel it would be on the air bag that came from the steering wheel no?

Also yes cocaine. I feel like they would not send him to a substance abuse and behavioral health program for a drinking problem.

It could be yeah, but like I said not every broken nose means blood. In fact most times its in pain but blood doesn't show. The point being even if it was on the wheel, the ground or anything it's hard to really prove his blood was there from this accident with him in the front seat. For all we know he could have started bleeding and the blood sprayed into the front from where he was sitting.

You feel that way, but sadly a lot of people are sent to a behavioural health program for drinking. Substance abuse does have alcoholics in it too. That's just assuming he has a cocaine issue and thats not really fair to him.

It's not an asset anymore if it has regressed so much that it isn't even AHL calibre, come on now.

You just proved my point. If Vey is worth nothing, the 2nd was dealt for nothing. Thus a lost asset. gtfo.

You just proved my point. If Vey is worth nothing, the 2nd was dealt for nothing. Thus a lost asset. gtfo.

The 2nd would be the lost asset, not Vey then. You were arguing that Vey is a lost asset, where in this case the lost asset was lost a season ago when they gave a pick up for him. Regardless don't tell me to gtfo if you bring Common into a discussion, he didn't do anything wrong.

Yeah, I couldn't care less about Linden Vey. I don't mind him on waivers, but I'm not sure he'll even get claimed anyways. Utica or any other team's AHL affiliate will do him good.

Frankie Corrado on the other hand, I like the kid. I think he could get claimed.

I'm thrilled that they're actually going through with keeping Hutton, Virtanen, and McCann on the roster. I know they said they would make room for the young guys and let them play their way onto the team, but sometimes Canucks management doesn't go through with what they say.

I'm really curious as to how that first game will play out against Calgary. They took Canucks out 7-4 after the Canucks had a 3-0 lead in Game 6, and Michael Ferland was a big !@#$ disturber in that series. I wonder if it will be another game where Calgary's offense is too fast for our D?

Bo Horvat looks like a monster so far this season. It was only pre-season, but the amount of sheer strength he put on throughout the summer and how much better he looks is awesome. He was already probably the Canucks' best player last season, so it's amazing how he is doing.

Our d core is looking a lot quicker then it was last season. Bartkowski and Hutton are both quick skaters and can make good first passes. I think the Canucks should be able to match a lot better then last season with the depth at center and overall better rounded d core.

Also Ferland tries some stiff I am sure Dorsett and/or Prust would love to go at it with him.

Our d core is looking a lot quicker then it was last season. Bartkowski and Hutton are both quick skaters and can make good first passes. I think the Canucks should be able to match a lot better then last season with the depth at center and overall better rounded d core.

Also Ferland tries some stiff I am sure Dorsett and/or Prust would love to go at it with him.

Canucks depth at center is not better than last year, if anything it's worse.

I would disagree. The fact that the Canucks can run multiple shut down lines this season as compared to maybe one last season is a huge upgrade.

So running multiple shutdown lines is only good if you have tons of offence coming from your #1 line. See Anaheim, Dallas and Pittsburgh could get away with having multiple shutdown lines. 

Having defensively responsible lines is different. However, Vancouver has a bunch of young guys making up 25% of their lines, so it remains to be seen if that is better than last year. Can't really say they are better than last year at center though. I think that's overrating them a bit.

So running multiple shutdown lines is only good if you have tons of offence coming from your #1 line. See Anaheim, Dallas and Pittsburgh could get away with having multiple shutdown lines. 

Having defensively responsible lines is different. However, Vancouver has a bunch of young guys making up 25% of their lines, so it remains to be seen if that is better than last year. Can't really say they are better than last year at center though. I think that's overrating them a bit.

Right now they aren't, but potentially they are. I don't know why the Sedins + Sutter continues to be a thing because it will never work, so whenever they come to their frickin' senses they'll be able to run Henrik + Horvat + McCann + Sutter down the middle. As long as the two kids continue improving and Sedin continues at a steady pace, they'll be fine there.